PDA

View Full Version : This car is bad ass...

ROZ
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/environment/bilder/environment_foto.jpg
I was leaving LaJolla when one of these crept up behind me on the 52east.. I moved into the slower lane, he downshifted, and he was GONE. Within a few seconds all I saw was a spec of grey in the distance... On the downshift and accleration, the car's motor resonated like an Indy car through my 4Runner...
The car is SICK!

riverbound
04-18-2005, 02:39 PM
If I would have known it was you, I would have at least waved :wink:

GHTRIM
04-18-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/environment/bilder/environment_foto.jpg
I was leaving LaJolla when one of these crept up behind me on the 52east.. I moved into the slower lane, he downshifted, and he was GONE. Within a few seconds all I saw was a spec of grey in the distance... On the downshift and accleration, the car's motor resonated like an Indy car through my 4Runner...
The car is SICK!
What kind is it and it can't be that good I don't see a hitch for the boat. :)

riverbound
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
What kind is it and it can't be that good I don't see a hitch for the boat. :)
Porsche, Carerra GT.

ROZ
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
You always carry a shopping cart on the rear hatch? Just like you to dress down a $400K car... :D

PlyaPlya22
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
That is one sick azz ride!!

riverbound
04-18-2005, 02:55 PM
You always carry a shopping cart on the rear hatch? Just like you to dress down a $400K car... :D
I was just on my way down to get the stickers installed so I could go really fast.

Jrocket
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
A friend of mines Dad is looking to get one,I'll let you know what the ride is like after he gets it.Maybe even get to drive it!

PHX ATC
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I suppose you downshifted and tried to catch him, at least?
Who are you kidding, your truck sounds like a Nascar Beast, Indy car, pssssssssssshawt. :D

SBullet
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
That is a sweet ride!!

Ziggy
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Only problem I detect is its from Stuttgardt instead of Munich :D :D :D

welk2party
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Looks killer. I would like to see more pics of it.

ULTRA28
04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
A buddy of mine has one. It flat hauls ass and sounds unbelievable. I think they're over priced, but if you've got the money.

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
A buddy of mine has one. It flat hauls ass and sounds unbelievable. I think they're over priced, but if you've got the money.
How much money would you have to have to make buying a $500,000 automobile make sense? I know it's an emotional purchase (not an investment) but how many homes, what investments, what else would you want/should own before you buy a half-million dollar depreciating asset like that? Sure you can get great resale :D - maybe even get all your money back but how do you feel as you watch every mile click off on the odometer and how much do you need to have in the bank to not think about that? :confused:
http://alex.carpent.free.fr/Carrera%20GT%202.jpg
http://www.omni4car.it/sfondi/porsche_1024_014.jpg

Ziggy
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
How much money would you have to have to make buying a $500,000 automobile make sense? I know it's an emotional purchase (not an investment) but how many homes, what investments, what else would you want/should own before you buy a half-million dollar depreciating asset like that? Sure you can get great resale :D - maybe even get all your money back but how do you feel as you watch every mile click off on the odometer and how much do you need to have in the bank to not think about that? :confused:
Chances are that whoever has the expendable money for a car like that doesn't have to worry about the same concerns you or I would....maybe he already has all the homes he wants or needs but this car, he had to have. :D
BTW Dan, how's that boat your brother in law bought last year, is he having fun with it.....?

Dr. Eagle
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
The car is SICK!
Damn Dot Com Gazillionaires...

uvindex
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
You're right, it is bad ass. Nothing like the sound of a German-made, 8000-RPM-revving, V-10. :p
No. of cylinders 10
Displacement 5.7 liters
Maximum power (SAE) 605 hp @ 8,000 rpm
Maximum torque 435 lb-ft @ 5,750 rpm
Maximum engine speed (revs) 8,400 rpm
Compression ratio 12.0 : 1

ELVIS
04-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Last year I pulled into Beverly Hills dealer, to work on some equipment. While waiting on customer I asked what car in there was the most exspensive. they pointed out one of those that I just pulled my van next to (10'' away) that would have been a door ting from hell.

wsuwrhr
04-18-2005, 07:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
Thanks for the compliments thought.
Brian

KACHINA KEN
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
all this coming from a boat owner :p

HammerDown
04-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Nothing like the sound of a German-made, 8000-RPM-revving, V-10. :p
Please...give me the scream of an Italian V-12 Lambo or F-40 anyday!
Sorry but in my eyes that Pooch would only look good until a Lambo pulled up. ;)

RACRJEFF
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
A friend of mines Dad is looking to get one,I'll let you know what the ride is like after he gets it.Maybe even get to drive it!
my cousin is a finance manager for a porsche dealership , she says there all gone she thinks jay leno bought the last one and the billionaire from oracle group software in san fran thats just hear say tho!!!

HCS
04-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Money.................. Money Money Money.

ROZ
04-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Please...give me the scream of an Italian V-12 Lambo or F-40 anyday!
Sorry but in my eyes that Pooch would only look good until a Lambo pulled up. ;)
lol..There's only 2 other cars curently in it's class, the Enzo and Mercilago... The porsche won't break down as often as either the other two ;) :D

ROZ
04-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Only problem I detect is its from Stuttgardt instead of Munich :D :D :D
You have any new M5's yet? Guy here in the office may be getting an E55 and is considering the new M..... HAS to be a fast 4dr... ;)

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Money.................. Money Money Money.
Yea boy!!
When I visited Howard, he had just bought one of these... you talk about cool!!
http://www.sincereapathy.com/photos/DB9.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
They are bad ass. Good to see Porsche making a mid engine car again.
If you have the money to plop down on one, you already have several houses, jets, etc, etc. :cool:

Dave C
04-19-2005, 08:54 AM
MMD bought a boat? :idea: when did this happen? ;)
all this coming from a boat owner :p

HOSS
04-19-2005, 09:58 AM
That car is a piece of shit. There is a VW engineer on the design team. I`ll give ya 1g for it right now. Thats just so I could put a warmed over Briggs motor in it and cut the grass.

Freak
04-19-2005, 11:11 AM
That car is a piece of shit. There is a VW engineer on the design team. I`ll give ya 1g for it right now. Thats just so I could put a warmed over Briggs motor in it and cut the grass.
LOL...now that right there is funny.

RiverDave
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Yours truly prototyped the tail lights, head lights, and mirrors for that car when it was a concept car. I wonder if Dana is going to have a blow out special on those next? :p
RD

HCS
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
I thought it was fugly too....

ROZ
04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Yours truly prototyped the tail lights, head lights, and mirrors for that car when it was a concept car. I wonder if Dana is going to have a blow out special on those next? :p
RD
Who's yours truly? Is this person on the boards? ;)
Dana has a blow out special going on? ;) :D

RiverDave
04-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Who's yours truly? Is this person on the boards? ;)
Dana has a blow out special going on? ;) :D
Yours Truly = RiverDave
Incidentally it might interest some people to know that a considerable portion of the concept car that eventually became that production car was more or less designed at Porsche's design facility in Huntington beach. :)
RD

phebus
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
RD
I think that is the view most people will see as it zooms by them and off into the sunset. :D