PDA

View Full Version : Taylor jet boats

thesspider
07-12-2000, 07:53 PM
Does anyone out there have any info on taylor jet boats I have a 88 22 foot model with a stock 454 a berkley jet and a jet a vador for some reason the boat has a bad hole shot and will not make a rooster tail any info would be great thanks

bigq
07-13-2000, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by thesspider:
Does anyone out there have any info on taylor jet boats I have a 88 22 foot model with a stock 454 a berkley jet and a jet a vador for some reason the boat has a bad hole shot and will not make a rooster tail any info would be great thanks
Could be many reasons for coming out of the hole slow. As for the rooster,stick a wedge in it,rooster is not great for the speed ,but looks cool.

thesspider
07-14-2000, 08:28 PM
I'm new to jet boats I don't know what a wedge is could anyone tell me.

bigq
07-14-2000, 09:18 PM
I'm new to jet boats I don't know what a wedge is could anyone tell me.
A wedge would go between the jet housing and where the diverter attaches to the jet. It is an angled aluminium piece that can be bought in different degrees. Usually this would be inplace of a diverter to get the correct angle, but can be used just the same.
Check out this site. http://www.placediverter.com/

thesspider
07-14-2000, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all your help sometimes its hard to get info this is my first jet boat after many prop drives and sometimes easy things come hard. Also the boat has a plate below the jet its proably 12"x12" and I believe its to keep water from going back up the reverse hole. It looks as if this plate can be adjusted what will moveing it up and down and is that what its for Thanks again spider

bigq
07-15-2000, 06:45 AM
Thanks for all your help sometimes its hard to get info this is my first jet boat after many prop drives and sometimes easy things come hard. Also the boat has a plate below the jet its proably 12"x12" and I believe its to keep water from going back up the reverse hole. It looks as if this plate can be adjusted what will moveing it up and down and is that what its for Thanks again spider
Sounds like a ride plate to me, if it goes from the transom and connects to the jet. It can be adjusted and I assume is already adjusted to optimum. It should be angled up a few degrees from the bottom of the boat, but can vary.Check out cpperformance.com and this link. http://www.americanturbine.com/

thesspider
07-19-2000, 07:07 PM
Thanks again my problem of the day is I keep blowing out header gaskets this is my second set in 2 years not to hard to replace but I would like to know if there is a good set i can put on my boat. It has wet headers and so far all I used where regular auto gaskets is there a marine one i should be using Thanks again

bigq
07-20-2000, 10:37 PM
Thanks again my problem of the day is I keep blowing out header gaskets this is my second set in 2 years not to hard to replace but I would like to know if there is a good set i can put on my boat. It has wet headers and so far all I used where regular auto gaskets is there a marine one i should be using Thanks again
I had the same problem and finally found a gasket by MR. Gasket, I don't know the part number, but it was a thick. never had a problem after that. Make sure you keep the drain holes at the bottom of the header clear also so they don't get wet, or worse water in the motor. You can call Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine in Corona Ca, I'm sure he has a good fix.

dropkeel
07-22-2000, 05:13 PM
Spider,
Adding a wedge will only help you're top end, not the problem with getting out of the hole.
Suspect pump is too loose and with that heavy of a boat everything needs to A-OK with the pump.
What kind of loader do you have in it?
Also do you have headers or aluminum exhaust manifolds?

thesspider
07-23-2000, 04:03 AM
I have headers as for a loader Like I said I'm new to jet boats so I'm not sure what a loader is sorry Thanks The spider

dBrown
07-23-2000, 07:26 PM
A loader is the grate on the bottom of the boat where the water is sucked into the pump.

thesspider
07-24-2000, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Now how do I tell what kind it is sorry still learning Thanks again for the info.

Jerry Buckner
07-26-2000, 07:35 PM

Jerry Buckner
07-26-2000, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bigq:
I had the same problem and finally found a gasket by MR. Gasket, I don't know the part number, but it was a thick. never had a problem after that. Make sure you keep the drain holes at the bottom of the header clear also so they don't get wet, or worse water in the motor. You can call Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine in Corona Ca, I'm sure he has a good fix.
I found a good set from Mr Gasket. They are called Perma seal. They will not Burn. If you have a BB chevy i have the part # at work.

thesspider
08-16-2000, 06:10 PM
Ok those problems solved now I need new seats hate the old ones the boat is black and gray any ideas. Thanks the sspider

thesspider
08-16-2000, 06:16 PM
OK question two like I said the boat is black and dark gray haveing a real problem with the boat always looking dull I wax it it looks pretty good but one day in the sun and it looks all faded. Would like to find some wax or sealer to keep the clear coat shinning Thanks thesspider

bigq
08-26-2000, 08:42 AM
have it professionally wet sanded and polished. they will tell you if it would help, or use 3M products and a machine polisher to cut the junk of then polish and wax.
OK question two like I said the boat is black and dark gray haveing a real problem with the boat always looking dull I wax it it looks pretty good but one day in the sun and it looks all faded. Would like to find some wax or sealer to keep the clear coat shinning Thanks thesspider