PDA

View Full Version : Boise Area Boaters 80 Degrees Sat

spudsgarage
04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
It will be 80 this weekend, is Anyone in the Boise area planning on heading out this weekend, if so where?

bottom feeder
04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
spudsgarage,
It will be a couple more weeks for me. I have not got the motor back in the boat yet :mad:

ttmott
04-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Geez I wish I was there (grew up in Boi went to school at BSU) - work gets in the way. Lucky Peak or Arrow Rock (or can you even still boat there-it's been quite a few years)? My cabin is in McCall but the lake is still frozen and the pontoon boat (did I admit to that) is in the garage.
I'll have to suffer the Fl weather and endless waterways until I can get away.

spudsgarage
04-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Geez I wish I was there (grew up in Boi went to school at BSU) - work gets in the way. Lucky Peak or Arrow Rock (or can you even still boat there-it's been quite a few years)? My cabin is in McCall but the lake is still frozen and the pontoon boat (did I admit to that) is in the garage.
I'll have to suffer the Fl weather and endless waterways until I can get away.
Hey ttmott,
Yep sir, its going to be 15 degrees above normal on saturday and the next few days should be in the mid 70's. Lots of snow this year and Cascade is probably still under snow. It's melting fast and we have flooding in most of the rivers. The resevoirs will be full and should be a great summer for pontoons, jets and outboards!!
Boise is a nice place (nothing like it) and I am sure you miss it but it looks like you are in Florida (suffering, yea right), not too bad. I will be in Clearwater staying @ Shepards for bussiness next week, can't wait, way more bikini's there!! I was in Lake Havasu last week and brought the Sleek Jet home for the summer/fall, bikini's too!
Thanks for the note!!

spudsgarage
04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
spudsgarage,
It will be a couple more weeks for me. I have not got the motor back in the boat yet :mad:
Darn, it will probably chill a bit by then but atleast you will be ready for a great summer/fall!~

ttmott
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh I still make it to the city of trees three or four times a year and make the drive to McCall. Gotta visit the old haunts, Boquet, Bardenays, etc.. Also gotta be at the jet sprint races (that's like going to church). Are they going to run at the fairgounds this year?
What Sleekcraft do you have - I've got a Rebel here in FL.

spudsgarage
04-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh I still make it to the city of trees three or four times a year and make the drive to McCall. Gotta visit the old haunts, Boquet, Bardenays, etc.. Also gotta be at the jet sprint races (that's like going to church). Are they going to run at the fairgounds this year?
What Sleekcraft do you have - I've got a Rebel here in FL.
I am a great rum drinker and Bardenay's is also a favorite!! Let me know when you are in town and maybe I can take ya to shoot a rooster on Lucky Peak!! I have a original 77 Kauai 19" 460 Berkley JE.
http://www.hotautoweb.com/images26/IMG_4989.jpg

ttmott
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Sweet original ride - keep it that way...
Here is my 77 Rebel; not quite so original..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1030DSC00367.JPG

bottom feeder
04-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Glade to see some peeps from the city of trees. It would be great to have a get together. I doubt you will be seeing any Jet sprint races at the fair grounds. The promoter got screwed by the operator of the horse track. ugly lawsuite and all. Now the city dont want them. It was great to have the word series here. They are having 3 races in Marsing this year with a option of two more. Here is a pic of my ride.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1501back_right-med.JPG

Wild Bill
04-30-2006, 07:20 AM
My boat's in California right now, but in a few weeks I'll be ready. Nice looking boat Spuds, I haven't seen it around before.

BOOGEYMAN
04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I live in spokane but go to Boise 2 to 3 times a year to race at firebird. We will be there in two weeks for the Ignitor wich is also the division 6 opener. We always hit the Halloween classic and sometimes the night fire, we usually show up on wed. around mignight so we can set up first thing thur. morning. It would be cool to come over a day early and boat with you guys sometime this year!!!
Travis

spudsgarage
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
My boat's in California right now, but in a few weeks I'll be ready. Nice looking boat Spuds, I haven't seen it around before.
Hey Wild Bill,
Thank You, I picked her up in Seattle last year and took her to Havasu for the winter, she is now home in Boise. Are you in Boise?? I am looking to get some Boise Jet Boater trips together??

spudsgarage
04-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I live in spokane but go to Boise 2 to 3 times a year to race at firebird. We will be there in two weeks for the Ignitor wich is also the division 6 opener. We always hit the Halloween classic and sometimes the night fire, we usually show up on wed. around mignight so we can set up first thing thur. morning. It would be cool to come over a day early and boat with you guys sometime this year!!!
Travis
Hey Travis,
I am a sponsor @ Firebird (hotautoweb.com), The new Boys are the best!! Will you bring yer boat down too?? I am in, I work for myself, travel a lot but if I am in town I am in, just about anytime. You can PM me. Your Sleekcraft avatar looks really sweet!!!! Post a another pix!!

Wicky
05-01-2006, 05:19 AM
I was in Lake Havasu last week and brought the Sleek Jet home for the summer/fall, bikini's too!
Thanks for the note!!
Too bad we didn't hook up!! I was there from Thursday to Tuesday for BBSP!!!
Lucky Peak was bitchin on Saturday except for all the floating death logs :crossx: and the storm that blew in!!! 60mph winds at the end of the day and I was very glad my Allison was on the trailer before the storm hit!! :220v:
Wicky

Wild Bill
05-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey Spuds, yep, I'm in Boise. I've been running a jet at Lucky Peak since 1981. I'm there just about every weekend and usually a coupla nights during the week. Camping up there is great too. Usually not too many boats until about 10 am and after about 7 or 8 pm. There are several jets and V-drives around. Are you new to the area?
Oh yeah, stay away from Wicky and his bass boat. It always smells like 2 stroke and fish guts!!!!

bottom feeder
05-01-2006, 07:28 AM
BOOGEYMAN
I am sure I have seen you at Firebird. I will PM you our pit location.

Wicky
05-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah, stay away from Wicky and his bass boat. It always smells like 2 stroke and fish guts!!!!
:D :D :D

olbiezer
05-01-2006, 10:08 AM
ahhhh.......pardon me boys .........but wont 80 degrees melt al the snow?

spudsgarage
05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey Spuds, yep, I'm in Boise. I've been running a jet at Lucky Peak since 1981. I'm there just about every weekend and usually a coupla nights during the week. Camping up there is great too. Usually not too many boats until about 10 am and after about 7 or 8 pm. There are several jets and V-drives around. Are you new to the area?
Hey Wild Bill,
Nope not new to the area, I have been here 15 years, just always been into Jet ski's, migrated to a fun boat as my body won't take it anymore, ha. I went out friday and log city kinda dampened the fun but glass was abundant. Had my wife freak'n a bit. Wicky sounds like fun, maybe someone can shoot him a fish.... I will catch ya on the lake, what type of ride??

spudsgarage
05-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Too bad we didn't hook up!! I was there from Thursday to Tuesday for BBSP!!!
Lucky Peak was bitchin on Saturday except for all the floating death logs :crossx: and the storm that blew in!!! 60mph winds at the end of the day and I was very glad my Allison was on the trailer before the storm hit!! :220v:
Wicky
Hey Wicky,
I was there tues 18- sat 22 for a HB Bikini Photo Shoot (hope the boat makes the mag), maybe we can hook up sometime. I am there about twice a month during the winter (have a buddy there who owns Dessrt Wind Auto/Cycle) I hope the summer water is better here. I went to Lucky Friday and you are right, log/twig city and I wondered about the guys who were on the water Sat. It was wild, you were lucky you were off!!!

Wicky
05-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey Wicky,
I was there tues 18- sat 22 for a HB Bikini Photo Shoot (hope the boat makes the mag), maybe we can hook up sometime. I am there about twice a month during the winter (have a buddy there who owns Dessrt Wind Auto/Cycle) I hope the summer water is better here. I went to Lucky Friday and you are right, log/twig city and I wondered about the guys who were on the water Sat. It was wild, you were lucky you were off!!!
Just talked to the girlfriend. Were going to go for a putt putt tonight. Should be on the lake by 7.
Hope your boat makes the mag too!!!
Kinda cool to see your own boat in ***boat!! :cool:
Could you ask your buddy if he knows of any deals on an XR 650 or 400, DRZ 650 or 400, KLX 650 or 400. With or without a Baja designs street kit. I've been on a hunt and have had a couple great deals fall through my fingers. I prefer a 2000-2003 model.
Thanks,
Wicky

Wild Bill
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
1985 18' Cougar with a Berkeley Jet. It's an Eliminator splash. I usually wait until late May to avoid all the wood and other junk floating in the water. It's really easy to suck that junk and trash your leading edge!

spudsgarage
05-02-2006, 10:32 AM
1985 18' Cougar with a Berkeley Jet. It's an Eliminator splash. I usually wait until late May to avoid all the wood and other junk floating in the water. It's really easy to suck that junk and trash your leading edge!
Hey Wild Bill,
Nice Toy!! I will keep my eye for ya when I am out there and introduce myself, might wait a couple of weeks for the debri to disburse and the level to rise. Watch for me too!!

BOOGEYMAN
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
BOOGEYMAN
I am sure I have seen you at Firebird. I will PM you our pit location.
Sounds good! What class do you run in and what do you run? We run the Sharpe and Prezsler dragster in Top Comp. We are usually pitted up top behind the grand stands next to the consessions, big red awning on the renagade.
Travis

bottom feeder
05-03-2006, 01:39 AM
BOOGEYMAN,
Yep I know the car and the killer truck and trailer. We ran super street for a lot of years in division 6. Here lately just been running a 68 Mustang. We just about have a new car done for SC / SG. I will see you in a couple of weeks. I will have drag the boat out and take you for a ride up at Black Canyon Dam. Only about 20 Min from the strip.

BOOGEYMAN
05-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Sounds awsome!!!!