PDA

View Full Version : Sommerville In June

Taylorman
04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Who's going to Sommerville June 18 & 19. Im pumped and can't wait.
Heres the list.
esabataj
Texasjet
Taylorman
Omega Bubble Jet
Old Buck

esabataj
04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Deb and I will be there with the new boat. God willing and I get the motor done.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3133/4867new_boat_2.jpg
:D :D

TexasJet
04-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I think I'll be there. :D

oldbuck40
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
im going,its highlighted on my calander and the boats almost done!

Greaser
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Dont forget about me!!!!!!!!! I'll be there. :hammer2:

jdf
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
rich ....boat is looking good ...i think we are going to make it down too

Taylorman
04-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Greaser
jdj
esabataj
Texasjet
Taylorman
Omega Bubble Jet
Old Buck

BigMo
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Dont forget bigmo! Been away from the boards a while but i will be there!!
Mo

esabataj
04-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Dont forget about me!!!!!!!!! I'll be there. :hammer2:
Hope ya make it this time greaser!!!!
Looking forward to meeting you :D

esabataj
04-19-2005, 04:23 PM
rich ....boat is looking good ...i think we are going to make it down too
Thanks David, glad you and Denise made it home safe. Heading over to the machine shop to pick up my heads. He finally got them ready. :mad:

wrenchdaddy
04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
I'll be tryin to make it guys if I get off work. Don;t want to miss it.

taylormanss
04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
we'll try and show up!I don't know if we'll be in the taylor ss or if we'll have our centurion tunnel ready,but I'm always looking to run on a new lake!

Taylorman
04-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Greaser
jdf
esabataj
Texasjet
Taylorman
Omega Bubble Jet
Old Buck
Bigmo
wrenchdaddy
taylormanss
Devilman

Devilman
04-20-2005, 06:06 AM
I'd like to tag along with you guys! Not sure about the camping yet, but we could make it out for the days. Bryan isn't too far from Somerville is it? I'd like to try and meet some of you & have a beer with ya!

Taylorman
04-20-2005, 06:11 AM
I don't think its far at all. Im just going Saturday.

Devilman
04-20-2005, 06:21 AM
I don't think its far at all. Im just going Saturday.
That's good. My mom lives in Bryan, so we'd prolly just drag the boat to her place, and then leave from there Saturday morning. Go out for the day. Should be back together before then! :D :D

baja204
04-20-2005, 08:04 AM
How did the boat turn out, looks like very good after reading post. I sold the 20 and upgraded to 24 bandit. Still working on prop and handling. Went to Lake Travis for Poker run last week and had a blast. Hope to see you again, but this time on the water soon.

Sweet Addiction
04-20-2005, 10:54 AM
How did the boat turn out, looks like very good after reading post. I sold the 20 and upgraded to 24 bandit. Still working on prop and handling. Went to Lake Travis for Poker run last week and had a blast. Hope to see you again, but this time on the water soon.
There is a poker run this weekend put on by www.ltpa.com association. I think its all the bigger boats, I can't even run in with those guys. I can't keep my boat in the water.

baja204
04-20-2005, 01:34 PM
xxxxxxThere is a poker run this weekend put on by www.ltpa.com association. I think its all the bigger boats, I can't even run in with those guys. I can't keep my boat in the water xxxxx
Can't make it this weekend, need to change the fluids and do a little cleaning.
It was rough out their with the larger boats in certain areas. The first two legs were 40 and 50 miles I think. Burnt plenty of fuel running hard for that long. I plan to be on the San Jacinto testing again after oils changed this weekend. Hope to meet you this summer. Still can't post pic yet, I guess I need to look up how and just do it.
David
Rebell Yell

Greaser
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I'd like to tag along with you guys! Not sure about the camping yet, but we could make it out for the days. Bryan isn't too far from Somerville is it? I'd like to try and meet some of you & have a beer with ya!
Its about a 30 min drive from Bryan to lake Somerville.

Greaser
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Hope ya make it this time greaser!!!!
Looking forward to meeting you :D
Definantly!!!!!!!! I think our camp sites are across the street from each other. I think I am right next to oldbuck :cool:
Camp site 37

jdf
04-26-2005, 05:23 AM
okay i know but we are coming pebble's just got camp site's 51 52 53 for us and a few buddy's

Greaser
04-26-2005, 06:45 AM
WOW!!!!! Sounds like we are gonna have a great turn out :D

vdrivenman
04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
jues and i will try & make it. will probabaly come for the day our oldest son just moved from college station to the colony accepted a varsity coaching job there. so we will stay at her parents in lagrange. we don't have a ***boat but will bring the geezer glide.

oldbuck40
04-28-2005, 05:58 AM
BUMP,BUMP,BUMP! DONT LOSE THIS THREAD! :hammerhea

460rogers
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll be there,even if i have to dust off the old flatbottom. :cool:

Devilman
05-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Checkin in to make sure it was still on. Been busy as hell at work AND home. Just about ready to start getting the seats back in. Been having issues tryin to find some new thru-hull fittings for my bilge pump and water dump.... since my transom is now thicker than it was, mine won't work. Think Rex has some stainless ones that will work, maybe bling up my patchy paint work back there :D :D

oldbuck40
05-10-2005, 05:12 AM
its still on as far as i know! i wish my dang parts would hurry up and get here :mad:

Devilman
05-10-2005, 05:31 AM
its still on as far as i know! i wish my dang parts would hurry up and get here :mad:
I know how you feel, bud! :shift:
I think these are what I'm gonna have to get, but Holy Crap!! 33 bux a piece. They ARE stainless though...
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/483120.jpg

oldbuck40
05-10-2005, 06:07 AM
I know how you feel, bud! :shift:
I think these are what I'm gonna have to get, but Holy Crap!! 33 bux a piece. They ARE stainless though...
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/483120.jpgdevilman you know how it is with da bling it allways has a ka'ching right close behind it :frown:

Greaser
05-10-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll be there,even if i have to dust off the old flatbottom. :cool:
:eek: You mean you are coming out of hiding to come hang out with us :eek:
:hammerhea :)

460rogers
05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Yea, gotta take a break every now and then.
I managed to get 2 whole days off.

Greaser
05-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Sounds great,..............but I have to ask...................R U gonna have the Tx-19 ready? :devil:

jdf
05-10-2005, 04:23 PM
were ready for a great time

460rogers
05-10-2005, 04:52 PM
...................R U gonna have the Tx-19 ready?
Gonna try but times running out.

Greaser
05-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey, if you ever need a hand, I'm just a phone call away :D
Remember, I still owe you one :D

Greaser
05-10-2005, 06:33 PM
were ready for a great time
Lookin forward to meeting you

BigMo
05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Yea I cant wait either, Ill be up there this weekend at yegua testing the boat out again. Had a couple little leaks and minor stuff. wheres everyone staying at?
Mo

TexasJet
05-11-2005, 03:47 AM
For the Father's Day weekend I think everyone is staying at Yegua. Once again I am going to try to get to Somerville this Saturday. Of course I have said that three weeks in a row. Hey 460, since I'm coming up by myself want to meet me at the Overlook launch ramp around 1:00 PM ?

oldbuck40
05-11-2005, 05:51 AM
Yea I cant wait either, Ill be up there this weekend at yegua testing the boat out again. Had a couple little leaks and minor stuff. wheres everyone staying at?
Mook here is what i have taken notes on at yegua park,
oldbuck40-#36
greaser---#37
texasjet--#15
omega---#15
esabataj-#29
big mo---#74
jdf-------#51,52,53.
come on guys post up so we'll know where everyone is camped!!!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-11-2005, 09:04 AM
we might not camp out there........some people know what happened last time we stayed in a tent. :devil: ;) We will however be there for the day and possibly into the night. I will bring the tent with us just in case but Shannon (Mrs. Omega_bubble_jet) will need to be in a comfortable place. Maybe an air mattress in order.........
Carol (Mrs. Oldbuck) and Shannon might just end up leaving us there and heading for the air conditioned house........ :messedup: :p
Omega

BigMo
05-11-2005, 10:54 AM
For the Father's Day weekend I think everyone is staying at Yegua. Once again I am going to try to get to Somerville this Saturday. Of course I have said that three weeks in a row. Hey 460, since I'm coming up by myself want to meet me at the Overlook launch ramp around 1:00 PM ?
hey Texas Jet where in katy are you located at? Im off of 10 and barker cypress. I plan leaving around noon or so to do some testing on the Hawaiian, maybe we can drive up and BBQ for the day.
Mo

esabataj
05-11-2005, 11:07 AM
we might not camp out there........some people know what happened last time we stayed in a tent. :devil: ;) We will however be there for the day and possibly into the night. I will bring the tent with us just in case but Shannon (Mrs. Omega_bubble_jet) will need to be in a comfortable place. Maybe an air mattress in order.........
Carol (Mrs. Oldbuck) and Shannon might just end up leaving us there and heading for the air conditioned house........ :messedup: :p
Omega
I've got a queen size coleman air mattress with air pump if you need to borrow it. Also, tell Shannon that Deb says hi.
You know how it is Omega, we'll do what it takes to keep ya running :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
I've got a queen size coleman air mattress with air pump if you need to borrow it. Also, tell Shannon that Deb says hi.
You know how it is Omega, we'll do what it takes to keep ya running :D
might take you up on that offer.....I got big news for you....check your pm's. Can't wait to see you and Deb again.
Omega

Taylorman
05-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Chris, you still driving out Sat. morning. If so, i may follow you up there. Me and my brother in law will be going for the day. I'd like to go early to have a full day.
Kevin

esabataj
05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
....check your pm's.
Omega
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Chris, you still driving out Sat. morning. If so, i may follow you up there. Me and my brother in law will be going for the day. I'd like to go early to have a full day.
Kevin
yep. the plan is still to drive up that morning. What time do you think you will make it to my place? It is about an hour to the lake from my house.
Omega

wrenchdaddy
05-11-2005, 12:54 PM
I plan on being out at Somerville sunday afternoon if the weather is nice. so if ya'll are still there be lookin for a two tone blue jetboat, we'll mostly be wakeboarding if its not too rough.

olbiezer
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
guys....how far is summerville from tylor or dallas? u know the I 20 area lol. just for future planning?

Taylorman
05-12-2005, 06:15 AM
yep. the plan is still to drive up that morning. What time do you think you will make it to my place? It is about an hour to the lake from my house.
Omega
As early as you are willing to leave.

Taylorman
05-12-2005, 06:16 AM
guys....how far is summerville from tylor or dallas? u know the I 20 area lol. just for future planning?
Mapquest it. There is a town called somerville near the lake.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
As early as you are willing to leave.
how about we shoot for 8:30-9:00 am. that will put us out there around 10:00 am which should be about the time everyone gets stirring. you are lucky to see texasjet come out of his trailer before 11:00am :220v: :p
Omega

beaverfab
05-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Would like to make it but it race weekend Fort Worth. Dang!!!!!!!!

oldbuck40
05-12-2005, 08:18 AM
how about we shoot for 8:30-9:00 am. that will put us out there around 10:00 am which should be about the time everyone gets stirring. you are lucky to see texasjet come out of his trailer before 11:00am :220v: :p
OmegaYA MEAN TJ IS NOT A MORNING PERSON??????

Taylorman
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Omega
Sounds good, i can meet you at your house at 8:30.

TexasJet
05-12-2005, 12:27 PM
OBJ, Give me a good enough reason and I can be out before 11:00. I have been known to get up at the crack of 9:00 if something special is going on. :coffeycup :p

esabataj
05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
OBJ, Give me a good enough reason and I can be out before 11:00. I have been known to get up at the crack of 9:00 if something special is going on. :coffeycup :p
I'll get the blender running :devil:

TexasJet
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I'll get the blender running :devil:
I'm partial to Bloody Marys in the morning. One of those while your cookin' the bacon and eggs outside on the grille sure is tasty. :devil:

Devilman
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/drool.gif http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/drool.gif http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/drool.gif

esabataj
05-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm partial to Bloody Marys in the morning. One of those while your cookin' the bacon and eggs outside on the grille sure is tasty. :devil:
That can be arranged :D
Consider it done :devil:

Greaser
05-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey guys, maybe we can plan a fish fry for Saturday night or something. I know my girlfriends dad has been catching a butt load of fish out at Somerville these last couple of weeks. I bet I could talk him out of a couple hundred pounds or so :messedup: , not really, but maybe 100lbs. Craw Fish with corn and potato's sounds pretty good to. :idea:
Are you guys coming out on Friday, or Saturday. I plan on coming out after lunch on Friday. You know since its such a long drive for me ;)

BigMo
05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Ill be there friday around noon or so. I to plan on bringing crawfish. Found it around here for 99 cent a lb. You know any places cheaper? Big crawfish boil sounds good!! :idea:
Mo

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, maybe we can plan a fish fry for Saturday night or something. I know my girlfriends dad has been catching a butt load of fish out at Somerville these last couple of weeks. I bet I could talk him out of a couple hundred pounds or so :messedup: , not really, but maybe 100lbs. Craw Fish with corn and potato's sounds pretty good to. :idea:
Are you guys coming out on Friday, or Saturday. I plan on coming out after lunch on Friday. You know since its such a long drive for me ;)
we will probably head out Saturday morning.......early......before Texasjet even would consider getting out of bed :cool:
I think a fish fry sounds like a great idea. :rollside: Should I bring my timing light greaser? or have you got things tuned in already?
Omega

Greaser
05-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Ill be there friday around noon or so. I to plan on bringing crawfish. Found it around here for 99 cent a lb. You know any places cheaper? Big crawfish boil sounds good!! :idea:
Mo
There is a place in Bryan called the fisherman, and another place called the Farm Patch that sells them I think. My girlfriends parents own a resturant, and I think they get a discount. I will check into it.

Greaser
05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
we will probably head out Saturday morning.......early......before Texasjet even would consider getting out of bed :cool:
I think a fish fry sounds like a great idea. :rollside: Should I bring my timing light greaser? or have you got things tuned in already?
Omega
Well, I think that I need to play with the timing a bit, and its also running a lil lean. But those lil upgrades I did over the winter sure woke that ole 460 up :D Is Fathers day weekend going to be your first weekend on Somerville?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-12-2005, 02:49 PM
There is a place in Bryan called the fisherman, and another place called the Farm Patch that sells them I think. My girlfriends parents own a resturant, and I think they get a discount. I will check into it.
I don't mind kicking in a few bucks.......especially if someone else is doing all the work :eat: :D
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, I think that I need to play with the timing a bit, and its also running a lil lean. But those lil upgrades I did over the winter sure woke that ole 460 up :D Is Fathers day weekend going to be your first weekend on Somerville?
I sure as f uck hope not but the way the weather has been who knows??? busy this weekend but it looks like rain anyhow. going to Canyon on memorial day......hell it might be fathers day b4 I make it out!!! :frown: :220v: :yuk:
I wish the f ucking weather would cooperate and the wind would lay for a weekend. it's nice all week and turns to shi t come the weekend. oh yeah another front this weekend so even if no rain we will get 25mph wind.......... :yuk: :yuk:
As soon as we get together I will bring my light and you should get some jets. they sell kits of them dirt cheap and we can play around with your boat one day. make sure you got the good holley blue gaskets for the bowls that are reuseable. do you know what jets you have in there now?
Omega

Greaser
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
No, Im not sure. I bought the carb from Squirtcha? I guess I could ask him. Does Holley sell a jet kit, where would be the best place to get a kit?

TexasJet
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Omega, you're not going to Canyon on Memorial weekend, :confused: it's Medina Lake. :hammerhea Greaser, I'll bring my timing light this Sat. if you need to use it.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-13-2005, 03:27 AM
No, Im not sure. I bought the carb from Squirtcha? I guess I could ask him. Does Holley sell a jet kit, where would be the best place to get a kit?
definitely ask. Jegs sells a kit with an assortment of jets. I am sure summitt and others do as well
here is one link
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=745&prmenbr=361
I believe I have seen them cheaper than this. I personally would get the kit so you can play around with em a little. Like I said make sure you order a set of reusable bowl gaskets as well. Or even better get a set of these http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=741&prmenbr=361
then just bring a bag of rags to the lake to wipe up gas and we are good to go.
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Omega, you're not going to Canyon on Memorial weekend, :confused: it's Medina Lake. :hammerhea Greaser, I'll bring my timing light this Sat. if you need to use it.
looky there....the old guy caught the young man slipping. you guys should definitely hook up and try to figure out your timing......talk about the blind leading the blind :hammerhea :eek: :crossx: sorry guys that was pretty low.
I think Greaser might benefit from an adjustable timing light cause I don't think that ford of his has a degreed harmonic balancer. one mark........
Omega

Greaser
05-13-2005, 01:39 PM
talk about the blind leading the blind :hammerhea :eek: :crossx: sorry guys that was pretty low.
Omega
So whats that supposed to mean :devil: :hammerhea

Greaser
05-13-2005, 01:47 PM
definitely ask. Jegs sells a kit with an assortment of jets. I am sure summitt and others do as well
here is one link
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=745&prmenbr=361
I believe I have seen them cheaper than this. I personally would get the kit so you can play around with em a little. Like I said make sure you order a set of reusable bowl gaskets as well. Or even better get a set of these http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=741&prmenbr=361
then just bring a bag of rags to the lake to wipe up gas and we are good to go.
Omega
I will prolly order it from Summitt, they have it for the same price, but I have a $10 off code from when I purchased my cam kit. That quick change kit would be nice, excepy my carb is Zinc coated so it wouldnt match, :devil:
Just let me know when you are coming out to Somerville, and I will come running :rollside:

460rogers
05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Texas Jet i might be at the lake this sat.
Waiting to see if my mechanic buddy's wife will let him help me sat morning on the dirt tracker.
Don't wait for me if i'm not there.
Have friends camping at overlook back in the shoal area behind marina and might head out that way.Won't know until sat morning.

TexasJet
05-13-2005, 03:48 PM
460Rogers, I have your cell #. I'll call you Sat.

460rogers
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
COOL :cool:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Just let me know when you are coming out to Somerville, and I will come running :rollside:
It looks like it may be a while......are you going to Medina???? I will be there for sure over Memorial day weekend. the 21st we are driving up to Abilene for a friends graduation. the following weekend is memorial day.......damn I have spent alot of weekends on the road this year.
so it looks like June at the very earliest....... :supp: :hammer2:
Omega

oldbuck40
06-01-2005, 06:51 AM
well JUNE is here :D :D :D im counting the days, 16 to be exact b/4 i head to Somerville! not much time to get it all together but i'll make it!!!

Greaser
06-01-2005, 08:55 AM
well JUNE is here :D :D :D im counting the days, 16 to be exact b/4 i head to Somerville! not much time to get it all together but i'll make it!!!
Tell me about it. I'm still gonna try to get mine together in time, as long as the machine shop comes thru. :idea:

oldbuck40
06-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Tell me about it. I'm still gonna try to get mine together in time, as long as the machine shop comes thru. :idea:i hear ya im coming boat or no boat! i need the break!

Devilman
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Whoo Hoo!!! Boat (so far, so good!) is up & running! Few minor bugs to work out, but ought to be problem-free (is there such a thing?) by Somerville. I hope everybody fares as well. Positive thoughts for you guys that are down!! :cool:

BigMo
06-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Only a couple of weeks away! finaly got the boat straighten out and ill be there. Cant wait to meet some of you guys.!
Mo

Greaser
06-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Well, its gonna be tough, but I'm gonna try to have the boat ready. The machine shop should have my motor back to me either the end of this week, or more than likely the begining of next week. I am keeping my fingers croossed. :cool:
Either way, I will still be there camping, and bumming rides :rollside:

oldbuck40
06-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Well, its gonna be tough, but I'm gonna try to have the boat ready. The machine shop should have my motor back to me either the end of this week, or more than likely the begining of next week. I am keeping my fingers croossed. :cool:
Either way, I will still be there camping, and bumming rides :rollside:
i hear ya!!! good talking with ya Friday evening, im just waiting on my pushrods to get here and i can get with it! changing out the raidiator and heater hoses on the motorhome right now! geeze what a *itch getting to some of hose clamps :hammerhea gotta go turn some more wrenches,,check back with ya'll this afternoon!
and Richard (esabataj) if you see this check your e-mails i sent you 4 pictures, post em if ya can.....

Taylorman
06-06-2005, 08:45 AM
How about some pictures of them heads.
Somerville is getting close. Im getting excited. I had a nice blowout on the interstate yesterday. Well not a blowout, the tread flew off my tire and f***ed up my trailer a little. Second time thats happended to me this year. I guess i need to quit buying used tires.
Went for a long ride yesterday, ran the river about 30 miles round trip. Nice calm water and boat ran great. Im still having the steering issue. Can't figure that one out. Maybe a few sets of eyes on it at Somerville can figure out the problem.
Kevin

Greaser
06-06-2005, 09:02 AM
i hear ya!!! good talking with ya Friday evening,
Good talkin to you to :cool:

Taylorman
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM
9 days and counting

oldbuck40
06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
i hear ya! well im fixing to go crank the boat,its all put back together,finally!!!

esabataj
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
i hear ya! well im fixing to go crank the boat,its all put back together,finally!!!
Well geterdone Oldbuck. :D
I'm counting the days also. Can't wait. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm going to bring both boats as the new one hasn't even been fired yet. Going to wait till I can get her wet so I don't fry the pump The Tx-19 is finally together :cool: and here's a pick of her right after I slung the little BBF in her.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3133/4867New_Boat_001-med.jpg
She's all the way together now and ready to pull the trigger
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Taylorman
06-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Greaser
jdf
esabataj
Texasjet-Jeff
Taylorman-Kevin
Omega Bubble Jet-Chris
Old Buck-Greg
Bigmo
wrenchdaddy
taylormanss
Devilman
Anyone else?
What time will everyone be there? I'll be following Omega out there. We should be there about 10 Sat. morning to wake up Jeff since he doesn't roll out of the sack till 11.

esabataj
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Anyone else?
What time will everyone be there? I'll be following Omega out there. We should be there about 10 Sat. morning to wake up Jeff since he doesn't roll out of the sack till 11.
I'll be pullin in about middle of the afternoon on Fri.Slot 29. Right across the street from Oldbuck andTJ on the other side. Look for my avatar flying high above the motorhome. The blender will be warmed up and running :D

Greaser
06-08-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm in camp site 37 right next to Oldbuck. I think I am gonna wait for Oldbuck to roll into Caldwell, and then we will ride out there together. It will be sometime Friday afternoon.
I went by the machine shop this morning, and he told me he "should" have my motor assembled by the end of the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :rollside:
Really lookin forward to meeting you guys. :cool:

wrenchdaddy
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Well I won;t be out there the whole weekend, I have to work saturday but I plan on coming out saturday evening about 6:30, see you guys there, am I gonna be the only panther guy there?

Taylorman
06-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Omega, did you get the new Hot boat mag. If not, go get it.

BigMo
06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Ill be rolling in around Noon on fri staying at site 73+74. I finally got the intercooler put on the boat and got it semi squared away. Cant wait to see what its going to run! :devil: see you guys there!
Mo

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Hey Omega, did you get the new Hot boat mag. If not, go get it.
haven't picked one up yet......is the July issue on the shelf yet? I heard there might be a little something in that issue for me ;) Who carries hot boat anymore? I checked Kroger and a couple pharmacies with no luck. guess I need to try Wal-Mart next.
Omega <--------seriously needs a weekend on the lake.

Devilman
06-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Well I won;t be out there the whole weekend, I have to work saturday but I plan on coming out saturday evening about 6:30, see you guys there, am I gonna be the only panther guy there?
Same here, it'll be Saturday afternoon sometime by the time we get there. Figure I'll cruise around till I find a big group of familiar looking jetboats :D :D

TexasJet
06-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Taylorman, Ya, with all the people that will be rolling in Friday, I imagine Friday night will be a late one. :devil: Saturday around 11:00 sounds about right. ;) :coffeycup

Greaser
06-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Who carries hot boat anymore?
I always pick mine up at Hastings :D

Greaser
06-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Taylorman, Ya, with all the people that will be rolling in Friday, I imagine Friday night will be a late one. :devil: Saturday around 11:00 sounds about right. ;) :coffeycup
You know how we do it. :hammerhea <-------thats how my head will be feeling Saturday morning :D

oldbuck40
06-09-2005, 06:13 AM
well ITS ALIVE!!! engine is up and running, have to install new throttle cable and hot foot, give her a bath,and change the oil,grease the pump and bearing buddies and i will be ready to roll south!!!
Greaser my plans are to leave here about 8 or 9am and should roll into Caldwell around 11,11:30 give or take! i'll stop in town and give you a ring.

Greaser
06-09-2005, 08:34 AM
well ITS ALIVE!!! engine is up and running, have to install new throttle cable and hot foot, give her a bath,and change the oil,grease the pump and bearing buddies and i will be ready to roll south!!!
Greaser my plans are to leave here about 8 or 9am and should roll into Caldwell around 11,11:30 give or take! i'll stop in town and give you a ring.
Sounds good.

Taylorman
06-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Greg, hows it running? 6 days. I can't wait.

oldbuck40
06-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Greg, hows it running? 6 days. I can't wait.ran quite well on saturday for the short amount of time i had it on the water,,, had a water leak around the pump houseing that was getting pretty bad so we pulled her out. going to be a crazy short week trying to get it all together but im sure ready to get down there and relax!!!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-13-2005, 06:28 AM
I know I am looking forward to it. I am gonna pull the boat out of storage on Friday and blow the dust off it and maybe even wax it. Then we will eagerly await the crazy cajuns to head out early Saturday morning. If all works out as planned.....Texasjet should wake up to the beautiful sound of big blocks running in tandem :coffeycup
Sounds like it is going to be HOT! all you guys with dark interiors bring lots of towels
Omega

Greaser
06-13-2005, 08:19 AM
going to be a crazy short week trying to get it all together but im sure ready to get down there and relax!!!
Talk about down to the wire........ I am not getting my motor back from the machine shop till Thursday afternoon :frown: I belive its gonna be an all nighter thursday night, with a lot of test and tuning on the lake Friday. Although, I will get a jump on yall, we are taking the camper out there after work on wednesday. So that will be one less thing to worry about. :cool: Lookin forward to meeting up with all yall :D

oldbuck40
06-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Talk about down to the wire........ I am not getting my motor back from the machine shop till Thursday afternoon :frown: I belive its gonna be an all nighter thursday night, with a lot of test and tuning on the lake Friday. Although, I will get a jump on yall, we are taking the camper out there after work on wednesday. So that will be one less thing to worry about. :cool: Lookin forward to meeting up with all yall :Dhope ya get it together,if ya still need some help friday evening,i'll be glad to lend a hand!!!

esabataj
06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Talk about down to the wire........ I am not getting my motor back from the machine shop till Thursday afternoon :frown: I belive its gonna be an all nighter thursday night, with a lot of test and tuning on the lake Friday. Although, I will get a jump on yall, we are taking the camper out there after work on wednesday. So that will be one less thing to worry about. :cool: Lookin forward to meeting up with all yall :D
Greaser
You are cutting it as close as me :D
Looks like I won't be the only one doing alot of test and tune on Friday.
Looking forward to meeting up with you all too.
Better get to work Oldbuck, The clocks ticking. I may still try to come in Thursday night, but won't knoww till tonight.

Taylorman
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Is the motor going to be assembled or will you have to do it?

Devilman
06-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Keepin my fingers crossed fer you guys... :supp: Seems I've developed some sort of electrical problem :confused: . Still planning on being there Saturday though barring anything major. Taylorman, you ever figure out that rooster situation or saving that for Sommerville?

TexasJet
06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Who's up for a group roost about 8:00 PM Sat. nite? :idea: Maybe start at the dam and run west down the lake past Yegua and Rocky Creek at about 40-45 MPH. Also lets get an update on what campsite you are in. I'm in 15. TJ

esabataj
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Who's up for a group roost about 8:00 PM Sat. nite? :idea: Maybe start at the dam and run west down the lake past Yegua and Rocky Creek at about 40-45 MPH. Also lets get an update on what campsite you are in. I'm in 15. TJ
If the TX-19 runs ok count me in!!
I'm across the road from ya in site 29.
When are you pullin in TJ?

Taylorman
06-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Keepin my fingers crossed fer you guys... :supp: Seems I've developed some sort of electrical problem :confused: . Still planning on being there Saturday though barring anything major. Taylorman, you ever figure out that rooster situation or saving that for Sommerville?
I had a new nozzle insert made. I just got it so we'll see next weekend.
Im up for the group roost.

oldbuck40
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
ok here is what i have taken notes on at yegua park,
oldbuck40-#36
greaser---#37
texasjet--#15
omega---#15
esabataj-#29
big mo---#74
jdf-------#51,52,53.
come on guys post up so we'll know where everyone is camped!!!THIS IS WHAT I HAVE!!! UNLESS SOME HAVE BACKED OUT?

TexasJet
06-13-2005, 12:31 PM
If the TX-19 runs ok count me in!!
I'm across the road from ya in site 29.
When are you pullin in TJ?
Wife and kids are there now. I'll be there Fri. AM around 10:00 Gotta stop at Neaman's bakery for breakfast in Bellvelle on the way up Friday. Man that place is some kind of good! :D

Devilman
06-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Sounds good to me! Are there any speed limits or noise concerns there? Also, I'm guessing there is more than one launch ramp there. Is there any one in particular that's good to use? Gonna try to do a little research on the 'puter about it also....

Greaser
06-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Is the motor going to be assembled or will you have to do it?
Yes, it will be assembled. All I should have to do is set it in there, prime the oil pump, stab distributer, put on the carb, hook up water lines, fuel lines, oil preasure tube, water temp sending unit , alternator, starter, and I'm sure there is more. I have been doing it over and over in my head all day. Just trying to be prepared, so I have everything that I need.

TexasJet
06-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Devilman, If your just coming down for the day I would put in at Overlook Park. There is a lot of parking and it's a 2 lane ramp. Yegua is a triple lane but parking can be a problem sometimes. Over the transom headers must have baffles, game wardens check. No speed limit.

Taylorman
06-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Devilman, If your just coming down for the day I would put in at Overlook Park. There is a lot of parking and it's a 2 lane ramp. Yegua is a triple lane but parking can be a problem sometimes. Over the transom headers must have baffles, game wardens check. No speed limit.
Oh crap, i have no baffles. Should i chance it? Whats the odds of getting checked?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-14-2005, 03:27 AM
Oh crap, i have no baffles. Should i chance it? Whats the odds of getting checked?
depends on how loud it is. I know last season greasers boat was quieter than mine with open headers and I have mufflers :confused: go figure. I do know they enforce it and with the number of hot boats that is going to be in attendance something tells me the game wardens will make an appearance. Do you know anyone who has a set you can borrow? Maybe if you tie off your boat with the bow facing out they won't be as eager to check your boat. Just don't get caught on the water.
I know somebody here has to have an extra set they could bring along for taylorman......
Omega

wrenchdaddy
06-14-2005, 04:37 AM
I dont have baffles either, I've passed the game warden twice so far out at yegua, once a coupel weeks ago, ran right passed them and then sunday I was idling out of the park and they drove by, I waited til they were a good ways away before I took off but they've never said anythign to me. Im gonna plan on coming out saturday evening after work to hang out for a couple hours, see you guys out there.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I think the fine is $200 if you decide to roll the dice. I have seen the game wardens make routine stops on more than one occasion and they do a visual inspection of OT headers every time.
So the real question is.........
'Do you feel lucky punk??????? well do ya'
Omega

Greaser
06-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Its kinda a 50 50 chance, as far as getting checked. But I think with all the OT headers that will be in attendance, I think we will more than likely get checked at some point. Lets just say, any other weekend, I wouldnt worry about it, but this weekend I will definatly be running baffles :idea:

Devilman
06-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up! That's exactly why I bought 'em.... Wrenchdaddy, Taylorman, I know ya'll prolly heard it a hundred times, if ya haven't checked ebay, might look into it. That's where I picked up mine, fairly reasonable.
Texasjet, I'll be checking that out. Thanks for the tip! This trip will have to be a short one, I'm afraid. But hell, a short visit is better than no visit, right? :cool:
My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....

oldbuck40
06-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up! That's exactly why I bought 'em.... Wrenchdaddy, Taylorman, I know ya'll prolly heard it a hundred times, if ya haven't checked ebay, might look into it. That's where I picked up mine, fairly reasonable.
Texasjet, I'll be checking that out. Thanks for the tip! This trip will have to be a short one, I'm afraid. But hell, a short visit is better than no visit, right? :cool:
My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....devilman dont worry about the lights just be off the water no later than 30 minutes after sunset and you should be ok,,,just tell em its a big ass jet ski!!! they dont have lights either.

Greaser
06-14-2005, 02:19 PM
My only problem with the game warden is gonna be for lights, as our boat has none. Might have to go ahead & look into that....
I've never been checked for lights. My boat doesnt have any either. But I am usually off the water by sun set any way.

Taylorman
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok guys i need help. I have some baffles in a set of Bassetts i bought a while back for a bbc. I need to pull them out to put them in the headers on my boat for this weekend. I can't get them out. They seem to have been in for a while and are stuck in the header. I tried every possible tool i have to take them out. Help

BigMo
06-14-2005, 05:46 PM
thats happend to us and we let them soak in deisel over night and we weere able to get them out. It was still a pain. Also how important are those old headers? LOL.. IF they are not important take out the grinder.lol... and cut it out! :cool:
Mo

Devilman
06-15-2005, 05:10 AM
thats happend to us and we let them soak in deisel over night and we weere able to get them out. It was still a pain. Also how important are those old headers? LOL.. IF they are not important take out the grinder.lol... and cut it out! :cool:
Mo
Mine were even kinda disagreeable to come out also. They hadn't even been there that long. I had to twist 'em out. Mine are the Bassett baffles, they look like an auger, I could reach in there, to pull on them. I thought about running a wire wheel over them, maybe make it easier to install & remove them. Don't know if it'll help, but it sounds good... :shift:
Maybe tie onto them some kind of way, then try and bust them loose with a punch or something. I know that'll be driving them further in there, but once they're loose, with something tied on, you should be able to get them out. A good penetrating oil, perhaps?

oldbuck40
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
i just talked to Dana at mikes pump and speed and she said that she could get a set to who ever needs them overnight if you will pay the extra shipping! their # is 281-820-1559

Devilman
06-15-2005, 06:07 AM
i just talked to Dana at mikes pump and speed and she said that she could get a set to who ever needs them overnight if you will pay the extra shipping! their # is 281-820-1559
They keep that kind of stuff in stock? I'll be damned. Taylorman hooked me up with them guys when I was hunting an intake gasket for my pump. Good service with them, Dana was super friendly & had it to me in 2 days!!

oldbuck40
06-15-2005, 06:36 AM
They keep that kind of stuff in stock? I'll be damned. Taylorman hooked me up with them guys when I was hunting an intake gasket for my pump. Good service with them, Dana was super friendly & had it to me in 2 days!!
she doesnt have any in stock at this moment but she knows where to find them in a rush!!!
GEEZE!!! COME ON FRIDAY :D :D :D

Taylorman
06-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Weather looks like it should be nice Sat. and Sunday. 3 days. Can't wait.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-15-2005, 08:07 AM
this option would still probably come out cheaper than the $200 fine. But if you are the gambling type.......
Danna and Mike are great people.
Omega

Greaser
06-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey Omega....... Are gonna be camping with us, or are you just staying for the day?

oldbuck40
06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
whats the word on your engine???

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey Omega....... Are gonna be camping with us, or are you just staying for the day?
alright.....I am bringing my tent and sleeping bags. I figure then the option is there. As hot as it has been at night though.......if my pregnant wife gets hot or uncomfortable we are gone.....no questions asked. 'whip cracking'.
I am bringing some friends too......so we will just have to see what happens. I am coming prepared to stay if needed :cool: I think my tent could sleep 10 no problemo.....seriously.
Omega

Greaser
06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
alright.....I am bringing my tent and sleeping bags. I figure then the option is there. As hot as it has been at night though.......if my pregnant wife gets hot or uncomfortable we are gone.....no questions asked. 'whip cracking'.
I am bringing some friends too......so we will just have to see what happens. I am coming prepared to stay if needed :cool: I think my tent could sleep 10 no problemo.....seriously.
Omega
Hey, If you want, I have an old 110 volt window unit that I fixed for a customer last year that was never picked up. I could bring it, and you can set it up where it blows thru one of the windows of the tent at night, and she can hang out with my girlfriend and Blacks girlfriend in our camper during the heat of the day. Its up to you, it wouldnt be no problem to bring it with me. Just let me know. :rollside:

Greaser
06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey, If you want, I have an old 110 volt window unit that I fixed for a customer last year that was never picked up. I could bring it, and you can set it up where it blows thru one of the windows of the tent at night,
I loaded it up, just incase you deciede to stay :hammer2: