PDA

View Full Version : Are Tow Rigs high "hot" now?

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
My co-worker just got his 2004 F250 4x4, super crew, long bed diesel stolen out of the parking lot. Nothing but stockers on it. :mad:
Good think he has low jack, hopefully it will be returned fast. :hammer2:
There are higher end cars in our parking lot all the time. :confused:

BigDogIvan
04-19-2005, 12:20 PM
MAN!!!! That sucks!!!!! Hope he gets it back quick before the scubag bottom dwelling dirtbag destroys it.
BD

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
MAN!!!! That sucks!!!!! Hope he gets it back quick before the scubag bottom dwelling dirtbag destroys it.
BD
The cop is here now taking his statement.
I hear they use them for smuggling illegals in. :yuk:

Slick
04-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Steve,
There was a dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel stolen from our parking lot a few months ago in broad daylight as well. They found it within a few hours reasonably undamaged. These dudes are crazy considering this a warehouse/office complex where most people park right outside their front door. It's not like the big lot at your office.

AZKC
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
They'll have that thing packed with wacky tabakey and haulin back east before the sun goes down. Illegals just take a taxi or a bus :D

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Steve,
There was a dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel stolen from our parking lot a few months ago in broad daylight as well. They found it within a few hours reasonably undamaged. These dudes are crazy considering this a warehouse/office complex where most people park right outside their front door. It's not like the big lot at your office.
That sucks. Focken car theives. :hammer2: :burningm:
I always thought a dodge was safe from "hot" list. :D Why do you think I have one. lol ;)

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
They'll have that thing packed with wacky tabakey and haulin back east before the sun goes down. Illegals just take a taxi or a bus :D
lol... probably right.

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
So Lojack says there is a singal on the truck but that it's traveling to fast to pinpoint it. WTF is that?? :hammerhea :eek:

jackpunx
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
whats the update Steve? :boxingguy

Umongus
04-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Lojack is not a map based system like teletrack used to be (I think that's what it was called). It cannot tell you exactly where the car is on a map. In the police cars there is a small box above the rear view mirror. When that unit gets a signal it shows the general direction of the stolen vehicle from where the police car is. There is a light in the middle (the police car) and lights radiating away from it in eight directions at 45* angles giving you a general direction to look, and a signal strength bar as well. The closer you get, the stronger the signal. If the stolen car is moving, it can be very difficult to pinpoint the vehicle. It helps greatly if there are numerous Lojack equipped cars and a Lojack equipped helicopter trying to locate it at the same time because you can triangulate on the signal. It's a good system, but far from perfect.
Tony

lurid
04-19-2005, 01:51 PM
yep they are an easy target. buddy had his stolen. father in-laws truck was almost stolen before they were scared off. they will take out the back seat and pack it full of illegals along with the bed. neighbors buddy had his truck stolen mid-day with him standing in the garage. he jumped into the back then realized he had no way to escape and jump out with the truck still moving. found the truck pretty messed up later

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
whats the update Steve? :boxingguy
Nothing yet... small world though Mark, we have probably seeing my co-worker before and didnt know it. He has a 5th wheel at Emerald cove, and knows all bout the Savages that take over the Road Runner. lol
Umongus
Thanks for explaining how the system works.

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Truck was located... 2 hours after the first report. Not bad, not sure on any other info. I assume who ever was in it ditched it or was detained.
Po po is sending a car out to p/u my co-worker and take him to the scene. :p

jackpunx
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Nothing yet... small world though Mark, we have probably seeing my co-worker before and didnt know it. He has a 5th wheel at Emerald cove, and knows all bout the Savages that take over the Road Runner. lol
Umongus
Thanks for explaining how the system works.
Hope it works out for him.. keep us updated

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Hope it works out for him.. keep us updated
I guess you were typing to fast, see my last post. :cool:

jackpunx
04-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Truck was located... 2 hours after the first report. Not bad, not sure on any other info. I assume who ever was in it ditched it or was detained.
Po po is sending a car out to p/u my co-worker and take him to the scene. :p
Awesome!.. go with him and get savage on that mofo all night long :D

SCUBA STEVE
04-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Awesome!.. go with him and get savage on that mofo all night long :D
LMAO
A detective came to pick him up and said the found the truck some where in Phoenix. The detective said they wanted to have some undercovers watch the truck to see if anyone came near it. But the Phoenix PD jumped the gun and took custody of the truck.... great team work huh. :notam:
Bottom line the truck was located!! :cool:

MAINEVENT
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Those FOCK'N Mexicans I'll call my causin to see if he got it My Family just wants a re-union :hammerhea :hammerhea J/K
That sux hits you right in the gut too when you see your car missing :mad:

Sherpa
04-19-2005, 04:02 PM
score another one for Lojack.......!
--Sherpa