PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have DirecTV....................................in their SUV?

MagicMtnDan
04-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Cadillac to Sell TracVision In-Car TV
Cadillac will become the first brand to offer in-car TV as an aftermarket option on its Escalade SUV. The television service will be provided by KVH Industries, which will market its TracVision A5 automotive satellite TV system through Cadillac dealers as an accessory. The setup will provide DirecTV programming of more than 135 channels of programming and music, pumped right into the Escalade's blinged-out bod. A low-profile antenna, a DirecTV receiver and a remote control are included in the package. A retail price for the system has not been announced, though aftermarket installations of the setup typically run $2000 or more.
From the KVH Web site:
Existing DIRECTV subscribers can enjoy the TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE service in the car for only $4.99 per month ($41.99 for mobile-only subscribers).
http://www.kvh.com/uploaded/images/AutoHead1_266x116.jpg
http://www.kvh.com/Products/Product.asp?id=79

jdogginla
04-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Why would u buy it from the Cadillac dealer..........u can get it installed cheaper than what they are announcing it for :hammerhea

ROZ
04-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Price depends, but the dealer will wire and warrant it. With som many of the vehicle's elecctonics wired through stereo systems these days, and option as extreme as this will be worth the small fee above normal retail...
BTW, mobile dss is pretty damn cool !!! I drove around town with the KVH rep and didn't see any signal problems...

Jordy
04-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm waiting for the dishes to be smaller. I don't have a roof rack on my truck and at this point, one of the cake dome looking mobile coach/motorhome satellites in the bed of the truck would be less visible. :D

ROZ
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm waiting for the dishes to be smaller. I don't have a roof rack on my truck and at this point, one of the cake dome looking mobile coach/motorhome satellites in the bed of the truck would be less visible. :D
There's one made by another vendor that is much thinner and mounts differently... Can't remember the name though.... :idea: