PDA

View Full Version : Other Anna Hotel options?

hydrostream'n
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Looks like both hotels are booked up with a few on the waiting list already. I'm on it, but I'm looking for other recomendations. I guess Fredericksburg may be the best option, but is that a real drag to drive to and from? Anyone stayed at any with easy access to the road to Anna? How far of a ride is it?
I don't want to camp with a 2 year old at this point so does anyone else have recomendations appropiate for my wife, daughter, and I?
Thanks in advance,
Herb, Stacey, & Mya

wideopen545
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Fredericksburg is not a bad ride its like 20 min to the lake the rooms at anna sell out in jan every year you can also check out mineral va they have some bed and breakfest deals there its about 20 min also
good luck and hope you can make it
tim

HammerDown
04-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Herb I'm telling ya rooms will pop-up, especially at the cell block. The light house is water front motel and very nice...the cell block is about a mile off the water up the road. You'll be good, don't sweat it. I'll know which place if any I'll be at as time get's closer.

hydrostream'n
04-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Herb I'm telling ya rooms will pop-up, especially at the cell block. The light house is water front motel and very nice...the cell block is about a mile off the water up the road. You'll be good, don't sweat it. I'll know which place if any I'll be at as time get's closer.
Thanks Hammer. I put myself on the waiting list but with four other parties ahead of me. I plan to make a reservation in Fredericksburg with a hotel that has a 24 hour cancelation policy. The lighthouse has 48 hour policy so I will check Wed before the event and maybe I'll be able to stay at the lighthouse.
If Fredericksburg is really only 20 mins away that's not to bad and gives Stacey and Mya other things to do if they don't feel like going to the lake either Fri. or Sat.
Either way we are coming. Thanks again and see you all there :D

jmm
04-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Herb, you can leave your boat at my Motel so you don't have to drag it back to your Motel. Areyou bringing the VW Micro Bus... :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea

fat rat
04-21-2005, 04:22 AM
I may have to make a day trip out of it this year..............I'll let you Guy's know if that happens.

hydrostream'n
04-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Herb, you can leave your boat at my Motel so you don't have to drag it back to your Motel. Areyou bringing the VW Micro Bus... :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea
Thanks Dan, I will take you up on that offer.
No, the VW Bus is not towing my boat this year, but once it's got the Caddy 500 in the back with the ***boat over-transom headers shooting through the rear hatch if will be my new tow vehicle :2purples:

HammerDown
04-21-2005, 07:14 AM
I may have to make a day trip out of it this year..............I'll let you Guy's know if that happens.
:idea: And I may only be there a few hours. :rolleyes: ...hey it's more than last year :D

fat rat
04-22-2005, 05:23 AM
:idea: And I may only be there a few hours. :rolleyes: ...hey it's more than last year :D
:D :D :D

HammerDown
04-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey Rat...actually I was thinking of just doing a "drive by" for Anna, and not even stopping. Work for you? I'm sure it does :p :D

fat rat
04-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Rat...actually I was thinking of just doing a "drive by" for Anna, and not even stopping. Work for you? I'm sure it does :p :D
:D :D ..............I'm there.