PDA

View Full Version : **spam** 98 jeep wrangler for sale

Chris Winn
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
my family has a jeep that we are trying to sell, so i figured i would throw it out here and see if someone might be interested in it, i do have to say that i just brought it back from our ranch yesterday and i DO NOT have pictures of it yet, but i will take some tonight and have them up tomarrow if people wish to see it.
i will list a description of the jeep below:
98 jeep wrangler
30000 miles (est, we have put les than 500 on it in the last 3 years we have had it)
4 cyl, 5 speed manual 4x4 with high and low range
black paint with charcol soft top, in good shape (a few small scratches, i will try to buff them out)
grey seats with folding back seat (have water tight seat covers on them to keep them nice)
alpine detachable face CD with factory sound bar (stereo really is preety decent)
has a very nice (read expensive) folding tow bar with quick disconnects for use behind a motorhome or tow vehicle.
has procomp 15x8 rims (589 pattern, M/t knockoffs) with procomp A/T tire (less than about 1000 miles on them) in 31" size
i am going to ask about $8000.00 OBO if anyone is interested in this please PM me, i will make a good deal to someone hereon ***boat.
thanks
Chris

Tremor Therapy
04-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Pictures? Remember the kittens!

Chris Winn
04-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Pictures? Remember the kittens!
hey- i said up front that i do not have the pictures yet! :D
that being said i will take some and have them up soon if there is interest, but i would like to get it out there for sale so that get it sold ASAP.

Outnumbered
04-20-2005, 09:11 AM
my family has a jeep that we are trying to sell, so i figured i would throw it out here and see if someone might be interested in it, i do have to say that i just brought it back from our ranch yesterday and i DO NOT have pictures of it yet, but i will take some tonight and have them up tomarrow if people wish to see it.
i will list a description of the jeep below:
98 jeep wrangler
30000 miles (est, we have put les than 500 on it in the last 3 years we have had it)
4 cyl, 5 speed manual 4x4 with high and low range
black paint with charcol soft top, in good shape (a few small scratches, i will try to buff them out)
grey seats with folding back seat (have water tight seat covers on them to keep them nice)
alpine detachable face CD with factory sound bar (stereo really is preety decent)
has a very nice (read expensive) folding tow bar with quick disconnects for use behind a motorhome or tow vehicle.
has procomp 15x8 rims (589 pattern, M/t knockoffs) with procomp A/T tire (less than about 1000 miles on them) in 31" size
i am going to ask about $8000.00 OBO if anyone is interested in this please PM me, i will make a good deal to someone hereon ***boat.
thanks
Chris
That's a killer deal. Someone better jump on this.

Chris Winn
04-20-2005, 10:13 AM
it really is a nice jeep, i would love to keep it, but the wife doesn't want any more cars!
it was used around our ranch, and has been really reliable, i will dig up some pics taken with my 49 willys cj2

bohica
04-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Where are you located? Been thinking about picking up a Jeep to tow behind the moho. Don't know if I could handle driving a 4 cylinder around, but if the price is right, you never know.

abraman1326
04-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a good deal. Let me know when you get some pics up, the little lady has been wanting one of those for years now, and yours sounds like a good deal. Where are you located?
BRA

Chris Winn
04-20-2005, 03:41 PM
hello all,
i'm located in Orange- Villa Park area (right off the 55 at Nohl Ranch)
if anyone is interested pm for more details and my adress.
i have someone coming out on Sunday to look at it, i will get pictures up soon, but probably not untill friday or so (i will try sooner)
it is a good 98 (tj wrangler- the coil spring not leaf spring type) black with grey interior, not a stripped model either, it has carpet factory sound bar (speakers over head in roll bar) and cloth seats.
plus it does have the folding and removable tow bar for use behind a motorhome if needed
PM me if you wish to see it, i will give directions to come over this weekend

HOSS
04-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Ah bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the 4 cyl. is the base model. It has no AC. Those Jeeps from 00 on up go for that. If you have a dealers liscense you can get them for 6. Where`s the good deal? Must be that Alpine or the rims.
Sorry bro, but the deal is the deal.

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Ah bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the 4 cyl. is the base model. It has no AC. Those Jeeps from 00 on up go for that. If you have a dealers liscense you can get them for 6. Where`s the good deal? Must be that Alpine or the rims.
Sorry bro, but the deal is the deal.
hey hoss,
go get a dealers license then, shit look up the truck-trader or ebay and see what people are paying, a 6 cyl wrangler costs much more $2.5k at least (i have owned at least 7 jeeps). i did my homework on this, if you can offer a better deal than have at it. show some proof of a jeep built this year for that price with 30k miles on it, not some ragged out 100k miler that will cost money to keep up at manitain, there is a difference.
this jeep is still the current TJ model with coil springs instead of leaf springs (much better ride), the base model has no carpeting and the back seat is an option as well as vinel (sp) seats, mine has full carpet grey cloth seats and fold and tumble rear seat. again show me one with the same options for cheaper that is in the same mileage range with the options
oh, and A/C in a Wrangler- still an option, this has power brakes and steering but A/C is still and option, just like a hard top!
this thing is a great deal, if i am wrong please show me?
if we all had dealers licenes then things might be different.

HOSS
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
I do have a dealers liscense.
Folding back seat is an option and I have yet to see a Jeep hit the dealers without one. Carpet is too an option and have yet to see one sent to the dealers without it either. Coil springs? Every Jeep built since `97 has coil springs. You can`t get leafs since `96 which by the way was the last year in which you were able to order a V8 in a Wrangler.
What you have my friend is a dime a dozen.
30k? I traded my `97 in with 21k but it was put through 100k of abuse and you`d never know it.
I`m just saying that the deal of the century that you describe may in fact be a decent deal but in the world of diabetics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lay off the sugar.

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I do have a dealers liscense.
Folding back seat is an option and I have yet to see a Jeep hit the dealers without one. Carpet is too an option and have yet to see one sent to the dealers without it either. Coil springs? Every Jeep built since `97 has coil springs. You can`t get leafs since `96 which by the way was the last year in which you were able to order a V8 in a Wrangler.
What you have my friend is a dime a dozen.
30k? I traded my `97 in with 21k but it was put through 100k of abuse and you`d never know it.
I`m just saying that the deal of the century that you describe may in fact be a decent deal but in the world of diabetics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lay off the sugar.
hey hoss, i can see where you are coming from, but i do not have a dealers liscense. i never said it was the deal of the century, i'm not the bank of Winn or a charity, the jeep is clean and at the price i have it at it will sell.
i know where you are coming from, but if there are better deals avilable, please feel free to inform the ***boat community.
i'm not out to take advantage to anybody, and i take some indifference from your impliying that i am offering the deal of the century, i am offering a fair deal and you are coming into this thread implying that it is not a good deal, well show us one then?
BTW- they never offered a V8 in a wrangler, the last jeep to recive a factory V8 was the CJ-7 and that was a 304 V8 with the old model 20 rear end and a 3 or 4 speed (depending on the year) manual tranny or the auto (i had one!)
the last of the YJ wranglers were in 96 those came with the 4 cyl or the 4.0 I6 (same as now, but they became a higer output engine in i think 98)
for quite a few years the wrangler had the old carb'd 4.2 I6 motor (i had one of those) i think that they switched that motor in around 90/91 when they went froma slant back cage to a family style roll cage.
thanks for you input on this hoss, but if there are better deals for a jeep around here i'm all ears.

ChumpChange
04-21-2005, 08:29 AM
thanks for you input on this hoss, but if there are better deals for a jeep around here i'm all ears.
eyes. I think you meant, all eyes. Unless you have a magic audio computer monitor that reads the text to you. :)

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 08:30 AM
eyes. I think you meant, all eyes. Unless you have a magic audio computer monitor that reads the text to you. :)
true that, good eyes on catching that :D

ChumpChange
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
If it could pull my boat back and forth from my house to the ramp only two miles away, I would consider it. Unfortunately, I don't think the 4cyl will do.

HOSS
04-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Jeep offerred a 318 through the `96 model year. I really don`t remember what month the last order could be taken. Nor do I remember the option amount.

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Jeep offerred a 318 through the `96 model year. I really don`t remember what month the last order could be taken. Nor do I remember the option amount.
the only jeep to ever get the 318 was after chrytsler took over, before it was an AMC V8 304, and that was the grand cherokee. there was never a wrangler with a chrystler V8 in it.

Outnumbered
04-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Hoss, the South is a different market than the West Coast. TJ jeeps hold stong value out here. Ya, you can probably find a 98 TJ 4cyl for less than $8k but it will be a beater with high-miles and who knows what kind of condition.
Wrangler YJs were made until 1995 1/2. There was no 1996 Wrangler. The factory was re-tooled for the 1997 TJ in 1996. All 1997 and up TJ Jeeps came with a 2.5L 4-cyl or a 4.0L 6-cyl. Both are very reliable motors and will give you well over 150k miles if well maintained. The 1997 TJ is essentially the same as the 2005. The suspension is the probably the most killer stock off-road suspension you can buy off the show room. Solid front and rear axel with coil springs at all corners. The YJ (pre-1996 Jeep is no comparison and suck off road in stock form--leaf springs).
Here is a pic of my 1997 4.0 with about 29k on the clock. People asked me if it was new all the time. You really can't tell the difference unless you know what to look for.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9732-10-2004_002-med.jpg

CAHotRodBoy
04-21-2005, 12:38 PM
That is a good price for this area. I would even say it is a "killer deal" based on what I see here:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=JEEP&model=WRANGLER&start_year=1998&end_year=1998&min_price=&max_price=&distance=300&address=93065&x=47&y=13
I will be looking for a TJ soon to build into a dedicated "buggy type" rock crawler but want the 4.0. Right now I have ZJ's.

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Not in a Wrangler (YJ or TJ). I don't even think the last CJ's (81 till the end) came with a V8 option, only the big I6 or the "duece and a quarter" V6.
The 4 bangers are a little more desirable if you're going to do a build up as they came with 4.11's from the factory.

RP1
04-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Come on James... quit busting the guys chops :D How have things been, did you ever find a top?

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
it is sold!
it sold to a ***boat member sight unseen! :D
i did advise that this was a fair deal, thanks to those who inquired about it, but i did have to sell this as quickly as i could.
i will let the new owner say something if they wish ;) , i think that they will be happy as i atke good care of all of my cars.
thanks,
Chris

Newcastle
04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Dang...and I was thinking about jumping on this...pays to not hesitate I guess...Congrats on the sale

HOSS
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Come on James... quit busting the guys chops :D How have things been, did you ever find a top?
Nah, I said phuc it. I put duals with flowmasters on mine.
My Jeep is a `99 with a 4.0 and came stock with 411`s.

WYRD
04-21-2005, 01:26 PM
it is sold!
it sold to a ***boat member sight unseen! :D
i did advise that this was a fair deal, thanks to those who inquired about it, but i did have to sell this as quickly as i could.
i will let the new owner say something if they wish ;) , i think that they will be happy as i atke good care of all of my cars.
thanks,
Chris
It was HOSS huh? :p :pDon't take this thread down till he pays you. He still owes me $2 :rollside:

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 01:36 PM
It was HOSS huh? :p :pDon't take this thread down till he pays you. He still owes me $2 :rollside:
hoss wouldn't buy it becuase it didn't have a factory V8. :wink:
all in good fun i say

Outnumbered
04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
hoss wouldn't buy it becuase it didn't have a factory V8. :wink:
all in good fun i say
Word on the street is that the next gen of Wrangler will have the 4.7L v-8 :devil: That is a strong little motor that would be sweet in a Wrangler. The bummer is that they will no longer be offering the 4.0. They are going to be base with the Liberty v-6 which I think is a 3.7L. So its good and bad, I guess. The 4.0 is a great motor.

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Word on the street is that the next gen of Wrangler will have the 4.7L v-8 :devil:
As long as they don't "yupify" it and make it with IFS.... :yuk:

HOSS
04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I wouldn`t buy it `cause its a piece of shit. I know this is my second new gen piece. After everything is replaced its great. I have no rev limiter and get 200 miles per tank. Damn you boys crack me up!

Chris Winn
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Word on the street is that the next gen of Wrangler will have the 4.7L v-8 :devil: That is a strong little motor that would be sweet in a Wrangler. The bummer is that they will no longer be offering the 4.0. They are going to be base with the Liberty v-6 which I think is a 3.7L. So its good and bad, I guess. The 4.0 is a great motor.
that V8 would be great, the 3.7 V6 is OK, i really prefer the 4.0. the I6 is a great tourqe motor and has been proven reliable.
if you want more power for the I6 just buy the supercharger, i thinkt hat combo is worth at least 250Hp and is reliable.
i have found that the 4.0 with the right gears is great, those aren't race cars, but the new TJ is about the best off the showroom floor offroader there is.
if they put IFS on the Wrangler, i will never buy another Jeep again.