PDA

View Full Version : Hallett or ????

Deano
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I posted this in RRL but maybe Ill get more replies here..
Here is the deal... I have a serious itch and want to buy a open bow 21ish boat that I can haul the family around in but..put some serious power, drive, and just make it my own creation. (know what Im sayin)
I have a 28' p-cat for sale and as soon as it sales, Im going to be in the market for a boat to start on. I have been doing alot of research and I think I narrowed it down to a Hallett 210 open bow. Im thinking about building to 7-800hp.
with RDs batt boxes, etc.. What do you guys think about that hull. Is there any other that you would suggest? Im talkin open bow here so...H/vector, shiada is out of the Q.
The only thing I dont like about the 210 is the long windshield. I think it would look good blacked out or having a new one made to match the color of the hull. ie; white or blue or ???
Any opinions are highly valued (or at least most of em) :D

unleashed
04-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Not sure what you should do but I know theres only room for one Deano on this site! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Deano
04-20-2005, 12:03 PM
funny thing...my wife was walkin around with a unleashed hat on yesterday.
sorry bout the name bro....gotta share ( I might be older though) :D

Mandelon
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Check the Laveycraft 21 XTSki, it handles pretty big water well, and has the blacked out windscreen like you mention. I know it is stable at speed.

jackpunx
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
howard bullet 25'

mondorally
04-20-2005, 01:03 PM
... Im talkin open bow here so...H/vector, shiada is out of the Q.
New or used? Schiada will build you an open bow (walk through or full dash w/crawl through). I may know of a '95 21' Schiada River Tunnel with an open bow/full dash setup and big power (Pfaff) coming up for sale. Will sell w/o power if you're building your own. Email me if you're interested. I'll have pics in two weeks.
Justin

RiverDave
04-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I posted this in RRL but maybe Ill get more replies here..
Here is the deal... I have a serious itch and want to buy a open bow 21ish boat that I can haul the family around in but..put some serious power, drive, and just make it my own creation. (know what Im sayin)
I have a 28' p-cat for sale and as soon as it sales, Im going to be in the market for a boat to start on. I have been doing alot of research and I think I narrowed it down to a Hallett 210 open bow. Im thinking about building to 7-800hp.
with RDs batt boxes, etc.. What do you guys think about that hull. Is there any other that you would suggest? Im talkin open bow here so...H/vector, shiada is out of the Q.
The only thing I dont like about the 210 is the long windshield. I think it would look good blacked out or having a new one made to match the color of the hull. ie; white or blue or ???
Any opinions are highly valued (or at least most of em) :D
I didn't see where you posted this on RRL?
My 1st question is why would the fact that it would be an open bow rule out a 21 / 22 Schiada or a Howard Custom Cruiser? I've seen both of them in open bow configurations before. My own personal preferences would be of the 3 boats you already listed..
Schiada
Hallett 210
Howard 21 Custom Cruiser
A 21' Lavey would probably smoke the 3 above in top speed vs given HP, but when the going gets rough, I expect you'd see the 3 above pass the Lavey right back up.
Another consideration, although I don't believe they make them in an open bow, would be the Nordic 21 Blaze. If you can deal with a closed bow, that thing is a ROCKET.. 700 HP would put you over the century mark in that boat from what I understand. (Going off second hand information there, haven't been in one yet)
RD

Deano
04-20-2005, 01:28 PM
I didn't see where you posted this on RRL? RD
The Strip...
I love the Schiada but Im lookin for alittle value (as in price) for a used boat.
Howard is still not out of the question.
Im really lookin for some old school lines so the Nordic and Lavey are alittle too new lookin. (to me)
The 210 seems pretty good (about 30-40) for a good used boat thats in fairly new shape and I wouldnt feel bad about tearing into it.
I figure buy the boat for less than 40 and another 20 would get it set up pretty nice.

NOTALENT
04-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Not sure what you should do but I know theres only room for one Deano on this site! :D
Deano
I was thinking the same thing!! haha...I thought u had just created a new profile :D :boxingguy :lightsabe

Deano
04-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing!! haha...I thought u had just created a new profile :D :boxingguy :lightsabe
I actually change my screen name from OC-Partycat :)

Dino
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
<<<<<------- How about this one??

h2oski2fast
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
I didn't see where you posted this on RRL?
A 21' Lavey would probably smoke the 3 above in top speed vs given HP, but when the going gets rough, I expect you'd see the 3 above pass the Lavey right back up.
RD
I doubt it would out run a 210, more likely the other way around. Those boat with an I/O and some HP are fast!

djunkie
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
howard bullet 25'
I agree. But I have a biased opinion. :D

unleashed
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
<<<<<------- How about this one??
Hey Dino, Im just giving you a hard time. Its all good especially since your ole lady was wearing some gear!
Deano

INSman
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Is a very nice 23' too big for ya' ?? :idea: :D

RiverDave
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I doubt it would out run a 210, more likely the other way around. Those boat with an I/O and some HP are fast!
I can't remember what Waterndog's boat (21 Lavey) runs now, but I believe with a stock HP500 it ran like high 80's or low 90's? Somebody else (RivertoysJas) would know the actual #'s, but I remember them being impressive as all get out.
I've been told that the 21 Blaze with a 496HO runs in the low to mid 80mph range!! Once again that's all second hand info (not verified by myself so I take it for a grain of salt).. But if it's true that's hauling the mail for very little HP pushing.
RD

chub
04-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Schiada river tunnel. IMHO.

rivercrazy
04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
My guess is a stock HP500 Lavey 21 closed bow would run in the high 70's. But its definately one of the faster 21's out there. A Shockwave 21 step skier would also run around 80 with a HP500. A stock 502MPI Mag pushes the shockwave in the high 70's.

BLOWN HOWARD
04-20-2005, 03:41 PM
I got a Howard 22 Offshore for sale, with already about 625hp. cant beat the ride, I would say one of the best riding boats in its size class. Runs high 70's into low 80's very reliable.

Keith E. Sayre
04-20-2005, 04:28 PM
call me or email me for the owners phone number. This boat is perfect. He
wants $45,000 with a 496mag with 57 hours. I have photos too.
Loaded and perfect looking boat waiting for big HP!!!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

BLOWN HOWARD
04-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey Keith is that the sport or the Offshore???

C-2
04-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I have a 95 210, I'm also kicking around the idea of 600-700hp, or just might rebuild the 454mag.
At the SCOPE poker run, on our way down to Newport I took some pretty good hits - I mean harder than anything Havasu has ever produced.
The boat hit and flexed so hard it snapped a piece of the windshield at the middle section of the boat. Other than the windshield, no other stress cracks or problems. Tough hull for sure.
The Lavey is also a fast little hull, but the open bow area isn't very big compared to a 210, if that's what you are also looking for. I think the Vector is a degree more agressive since there is no open bow?

72Hallett
04-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Been in a couple of 210s both with some power. Great boats. Also spent some time in a stock river tunnel with open bow. I'd go with the river tunnel.

Squeezing Spectra
04-20-2005, 09:46 PM
The Schiada 21 RT will run 83-84 with a stock HP500 and will run over 110 with 850HP and ride like a cadillac but that is just my opinion.

HOOTER SLED-
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
FYI. There is a SPAM in HOt Spots West for a '79 Schiada.