PDA

View Full Version : The Racer52 Rides Again

RACER52
04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Well the long awaited water test last night was succesfull..
Dropped the boat in the water about 6:15 and drove around doing the break in thing which for me and my motors usually lasts about 1/2 hour..
After that checked over the engine and found couple small issue's
i.e( leaky water pump and small oil leak?? )
Did some tuning on the engine with my new a/f computer from Innovate motorsports.. ( i would reccomend to anyone doing self tunning ) got the idle all dialed in and some mid range. No more fat black smoke anywhere
so ran it up a bit and all was good. Checked it all over again and said watch the guages and listen up.. Had 4 peeps on board to help out..
First run was way more then expected, the boat ran up to the rev limit so fast I couldnt peddle it down under the rev limit ( 6000 for break in )
So we idled down and cheked it all over...
Next run was same thing but I backed off and tried to keep it at 5600 but ir still wanted to climb up.. You could actually see the soft touch coming on by watching the a/f meter, ( way too cool )
Overall the boat ran good and felt alot stronger than last season with the new fuel injectors( higher lbs hr)
6000 rev chip , 1.25 gears, 26p prop, 107mph===.09% slip
not bad for 5 people & 50 gal fuel..
:2purples:
Ready for havasu next week....
Racer

RACER52
04-20-2005, 12:20 PM
will be changing to a 28p or 29p depending on how it does in the higher rpms's..
and wanted to say thanks to Hulshot for helping build the motor again
and for the fuel injectors...
Racer

HP350SC
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Sounds good! Did you do any internal motor changes, or just fuel delivery and injectors?
I still have not had my boat out, have a number of other things taking priority. :mad:

RACER52
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
didnt change any parts, but did change the cam timing,
We'll see how it does. but so far so good...
nothing like last minute stuff for me, were leaving SAT. for Havasu..
Racer

Dimarco21
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Killer news Racer glad everything worked out, Hope to see you out on the water this year.

jackpunx
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Thats awsome Troy
See you guys next weekend.. are you guys boating on fri?
Maybe I'll come up fri to hang a little w you guys..
but sat for sure

RACER52
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
j.p==yep we will be boating and livin it up..
We should be in the channel this sunday and everyday till the poker run...
See Ya there....
Racer

jackpunx
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
hhhmmmm.... bring my number.. if your interested in boating on Parker.. we'll probably be there all weekend..
got to do some last min tinkering with the boat before next week.

Robbie Racer
04-20-2005, 04:27 PM
That's great news Racer. Glad to hear that you have it back in the water and it's running great even during break in. Look forward to getting together with you at Berryessa on the 14th weekend. Wish I could join you guys at Havasu next week. I know that you will have a great time.
RR

dicudmore
04-21-2005, 06:32 AM
congrats...have a safe ride down :D

ELIMINAT THIS
04-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Troy thats sweet. I have a non labed 28 if you want to try it.? At CH are the sites full hookup power,water,sewer. or do I need to load up before I get there.Also do we need a confermation (sp) # to get in.THX. Btw I heared Greg was getting his boat ready yesterday. :D

MOBrien
04-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Great to hear you're back on the water Troy. And good numbers so far too. Wonder what she'll do with a 28 or 29, 1-2 peeps, and less fuel....sheesh. You'll be movin for sure! That being said, Be careful in Havasu with those new-found muscles. :D
See ya on the Delta!
-MOB

RACER52
04-21-2005, 09:10 AM
E.T==Crazyhorse has all the hook ups needed.
thanks for the offer on the prop, I have a 28 and 29 lined up for the trip
CAll me if you need anything and keep my number for when you guys get
down there..I do have the conf. #'s at home..
209-986-5588
Racer

Boatmaster
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Leaking water pump? Who was the dumb ass that put that thing together for you anyway!!! :rolleyes:

RACER52
04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I thought I sent it to Boatmasters for the professional rebuild.
But now that I look back and seeing the end result I see that the wife sent it to Goatmasters in Dublin, Ireland
Got my new Keith Eickert pump assy in the mail today..
Everyone should have one of these bad boys.. Thing is F'n bad to the bone..
all in all the w/p probably didnt need replacing. Some dumb ass forgot 2
nuts on the back side of the pump and an even bigger dumb ass installed it without checking it over...
So now I have a spare pump, pulley and bracket to bring on vacation..
How about letting me rebuild one of your w/p next year.. I promise it wont leak...
Racer

Boatmaster
04-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Next time you see Andrew at Gregs shop lay into him (I already did). Next time I will get the Pope's hands dirty for you. :D You needed a good reason to tell Lori you needed that pump anyway.

hulshot
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear all is well in racers pits. You are scaring me with those big numbers, an JP doing some tweeking??????? I better just stay home. :jawdrop: I got your back on the prop selection. Cant wait for Havasu. Are we leaving Sat??? Should I do some more tweeking, or just bump the boost to 12-13 like yours, Maybe I will be able to keep up with you guys? :D

RACER52
04-22-2005, 09:45 AM
boatmaster== did you hear??? there's a new pope in town..
And he doesnt deliver leaky water pumps :jawdrop:
Its all good and I do appreciate your effort.
Hulshot==Saturday evening departure is in the works.. Still have to shop and pack, wash the boat and go...
Thinking 7-8 ish...
Its a good thing your taking the racer ride down with ya cause it will give you some more seat time with big power...
:cool: