PDA

View Full Version : Video From Iraq.

Jbb
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
The video was filmed by some Air Force Joint Tactical Air Controllers (JTAC) in Tal Afar, west of Mosul. They were with some Marine ASTs (Advisor Support Team � they are attached to Iraqi units and help train their forces on a day-to-day basis) who where in a fairly sustained firefight in the streets of Tal Afar with about 3 Anti-Iraqi Forces (AIF) and got clearance to fire a Maverick Missile. They set their video camera on the bumper of their Up-Armored HMMWV which they were using for cover. You can hear them shooting back and forth. The rounds you can hear are from the Marines and the once you hear pinging against the side of the vehicle with no accompanying pop are from the AIF. When the JTACs say they just fired rifle that means the aircraft just launched the Maverick. I�m not sure about what type of aircraft fired it, but I believe it was an F-16. You can hear it come in and see it strike the vehicle the AIF were using for cover. Pretty cool, then the guys yelling like a little girl are the JTACs. He took a lot of shit for his womanly screams of joy.
Bang! (http://www.thecia.net/users/stewarte/WMV/_jtacandasts.wmv)

HCS
04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
BOOM!!!
One of the guys I work with has a son that was a sharp shooter in Iraq.
He just returned from a tour of duty and brought back some awesome footage on CD. It's amazing all the 18 and 19 year old kids over there shooting and killing the enemy. It was very graphic. He pointed out many kids that were killed in his platoon. Pretty wild. He has many camera shots of resistance that he personally blew away.

MagicMtnDan
04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Very cool video.
Get this book and read it - it's great! Written by an imbedded reporter with Marine Recon who were involved in the first wave of the Iraq invasion.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/042520040X.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

uvindex
04-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Great video. I can't even imagine what the stress must be like -- first, you've got clowns shooting at you with rifles that'll blow your head up like a pumpkin on Halloween if a round gets under your helmet. Then, you know that a friggin' Maverick is streaking toward the earth not very far from where you are (I imagine our guys must always worry some, "Geez, I hope the guy directing the missile didn't make an oops and mistake us for the bad guys.")