PDA

View Full Version : rvrhlic

phebus
04-20-2005, 02:38 PM
rvrhlic, I was just over at Absolute. Aaron is buttoning things up, and just about to start your boat. The weather and water are perfect. When you heading out?

INSman
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
No wonder I can't get Aaron on the phone !!
I can wait, this boy has been waiting too long to get his new Raylar'd boat out on the water !! :cool:

phebus
04-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Aaron has a red powdercoated intake sitting on his bench right now. Those intakes look sweet powdercoated. This one is going in a Advantage vee bottom. Anyone from the boards?

INSman
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Mine will be powdercoated purple with clear and should look good :D

rvrhlic
04-20-2005, 06:05 PM
I spoke with Aaron, tonight the boat is all back together and running!!! I wil be out on the water Saturday!! Can't wait to get that sucka out!

Ivan Dan
04-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I spoke with Aaron, tonight the boat is all back together and running!!! I wil be out on the water Saturday!! Can't wait to get that sucka out!
I can't wait to hear your results.....what speeds were you seeing in yours before the kit? What are you HOPING for after? I would say when its hot out, a few peeps on board, and pretty much full tanks the best I can get is about 62 or so and can't seem to get it over about 4700-4800 RPM though. Anyone have any insite on this? Do I need a different pitch prop?

Beer-30
04-20-2005, 10:24 PM
I can't wait to hear your results.....what speeds were you seeing in yours before the kit? What are you HOPING for after? I would say when its hot out, a few peeps on board, and pretty much full tanks the best I can get is about 62 or so and can't seem to get it over about 4700-4800 RPM though. Anyone have any insite on this? Do I need a different pitch prop?
What prop? My 24P gets BEER-30 to 63-65 at 5000. Your 28' CAT should run faster than that.

rvrhlic
04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Seems a little slow to me, I know with a full boat I can still get 4900 or so RPM and mid 60's with my old 24". Of course that speed is based on a standard speedo, the GPS one just went in with the kit, so who knows. I will say that a fully loaded boat with the 496 was just not enough to get the hull working for you. I am hoping the kit will allow the hull to work with a full load.
I will let you know after the weekend, boys trip this time so look for the sausage fest!

phebus
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I'd say that is pretty realistic for a hot day, and a loaded boat. I think your speedo is pretty accurate.
You might want to try a labbed Bravo 24P when it's hot to get your rpm's back up. I always like to run at the upper limits specified for the engine, so for the 496HO that would be closer to 5000.

INSman
04-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I personally have had great success with a 26p that has been pitched up to 27.5 and cut down to either 15" or 15 1/4". I will double check the later.