PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Dermotologist today.....

Havasu47
04-20-2005, 06:31 PM
That F'ing guy looks at my head and starts shooting me with his f*$#ing freezer stun gun thing. :lightsabe
Too many summers at Havasu, been my summer vacations since I was 7.
More hats and sun screen I guess.
(here come the hair jokes) :boxingguy

GHTRIM
04-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Hope all is good.... The sun is so bad on the skin but yet I find myself in it every year... WTF!??? :confused:

bunny 166
04-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Don't worry hun.....you're still as good lookin' as ever!! :D Pretty soon we'll all be cauterized up with you :cool: :cool:

Havasu47
04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Don't worry hun.....you're still as good lookin' as ever!! :D Pretty soon we'll all be cauterized up with you :cool: :cool:
You know how to make it all better..... :wink: :D
See you guys in the sun! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

bunny 166
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
You know how to make it all better..... :wink: :D
See you guys in the sun! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
You got it babe! :D I'll have my hat on, too--my poor head gets burned up every summer where my hair parts :mad: I don't think it's too good for ya', but like GH said, we're there every summer!! Oh, man, we're all gonna look like shit :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Goldilocks
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
The sun is so bad, yet I only use SPF 8 or 15 so I can get a tan.
I just made an appt with a dermatologist and the earliest available appt was in December :mad:

bunny 166
04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
I just made an appt with a dermatologist and the earliest available appt was in December :mad:
December?? That is a long time to wait....well, at least you can tan up this summer Jen! :D

JetBoatRich
04-20-2005, 07:31 PM
I need to go in and get my treatment :jawdrop: last time at the family Dr. he suggested get in for the same thing :mad:

Havasu47
04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
I was lucky, no signs of skin cancer just sun damage. If there are ANY spots that dont look like they belong get in as soon as possible. Skin cancer is very serious, and we all subject ourselves to it!!!

OutCole'd
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
I need to go in and get my treatment :jawdrop: last time at the family Dr. he suggested get in for the same thing :mad:
What is a treatment? Are they just doing a check up?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-21-2005, 08:25 AM
That's why I use SPF 15 and wear a t-shirt and hat all day. Also, you need to apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure so that it has time to "bond" with your skin.

cdog
04-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Intresting topic that's not much discussed around here. I get lots of sun spots on my back and went to the doc. about it. I've been going to havasu since I was 7 and spent every spring and summer in Palm springs with my grandparents when growing up so i've always been in the sun. Not to mention I love the water so i'm in the sun alot. The doc. told me to avoid cancer stay out of the sun. What kind of stupid commet is that? He might as well have said to avoid traffic stay off the freeway. At that time I was in the clear but I have'nt wanted to waist my time again to here a stupid comment like that again. Has anyone else had the same stupid comment from their doc.? But I do need to go for a new check up.

Havasu47
04-21-2005, 09:40 AM
What is a treatment? Are they just doing a check up?
On me they freeze any suspicious spots with a shot of (i think) CO2.