PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore

MAINEVENT
04-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Do i need to run Baffles or can i run wide open the boat comes home on sat Hopefully and if the day permits want to take my baby out :D on sunday

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
I have seen the Elsinore po-po check for baffles and ticket you if you don't have them. But it seems that was always on a busy summer day.
Have fun!

mirvin
04-21-2005, 08:40 AM
I was just told it may rain at Elsinore on Sunday :confused: I was gonna go just to test my new impeller but now maybe I'll go to Castaic. I'm so confused...... :coffeycup :squiggle:
mirvin :rolleyes:

Hot Rod Hallett
04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Put you baffles in or you will be buying some in Elsinore or heading back home.

dmontzsta
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
I was just told it may rain at Elsinore on Sunday :confused: I was gonna go just to test my new impeller but now maybe I'll go to Castaic. I'm so confused...... :coffeycup :squiggle:
mirvin :rolleyes:
You could always come help me with my boat. :D

MAINEVENT
04-21-2005, 04:41 PM
sWEET THANX FOR THE INFO BAFFLES ARE IN :notam:
Sorry for the caps

mirvin
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
You could always come help me with my boat. :D
That sounds like the best idea yet!! You got a pool I can drop my drive into to test the impeller.
mirvin:p

Rev. Williams
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Mirvin,
Just put the ear muffs on it.... If the impeller is working the muffs will be sucked so hard to your drive that no water will spit out and your logs will be ice cold. I just did my impeller a few weeks ago and that's how I tested it.

dmontzsta
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
That sounds like the best idea yet!! You got a pool I can drop my drive into to test the impeller.
mirvin:p
Sorry, no pool. :(

mirvin
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Mirvin,
Just put the ear muffs on it.... If the impeller is working the muffs will be sucked so hard to your drive that no water will spit out and your logs will be ice cold. I just did my impeller a few weeks ago and that's how I tested it.
It's a Volvo Penta......no impeller in the drive.....the impeller is actually in a little pump mounted to the crank...the pump feeds into an actual "water pump" mounted to the cam.....
It's a wierd setup.....and since it was only heating up after running hard I think the muffs won't tell me what I need to know......you know???? Plus since it's a VP I haven't been able to find a pair of muffs that exactly fit right......
mirvin ;)

socaldj1
04-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I replaced the impeller on my last Volvo and it still heated. I replaced all the seals in the drive, thought it was sucking air. I found out it was sucking more water then the hose could provide. I ended up filling a tub, dropping the drive in it and running the hose wide open. That kept it cool but I could empty the tub in 5 minutes. Those Volvos can pump some water.

mirvin
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I replaced the impeller on my last Volvo and it still heated. I replaced all the seals in the drive, thought it was sucking air. I found out it was sucking more water then the hose could provide. I ended up filling a tub, dropping the drive in it and running the hose wide open. That kept it cool but I could empty the tub in 5 minutes. Those Volvos can pump some water.
So did you ever get it fixed?? Mine just started doing this. It ran fine before the last trip. I'm nervous because the impeller I replaced wasn't in that bad shape......I hope I don't have to replace the water circulating pump. They're $300....for a friggin water pump....:confused:
mirvin :D

revndave
04-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Nice and sunny this morning when I left for work at 6:00am. :D No clouds in sky.Lake was like a mirror.

dmontzsta
04-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Lake was like a mirror.
Thats flatbottom water there... :( and my boat is in pieces.

phebus
04-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Lake was like a mirror.
A beautifull green mirror. :D

Sandbar Junkies
04-23-2005, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=phebus]A beautifull green mirror. :D[/QUOTE IS THAT A DARK GREEN?

wantacat
04-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I was out there on Friday. It was suppose to be sunny and warm (80 deg.) according to the forecast :rolleyes: It was cloudy and cold with some drizzle. Couple of boats out there. The lake looks bigger now that it is full. Water still looks dirty, the cove is much bigger and deep(18-24ft deep). There was no one checking for mufflers when I arrived. I lauched at the main launch ramp of off lakeview I believe. West marina is also open.