PDA

View Full Version : WhippleCharged

Risky Business
02-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Dustin:
Just wanted to let you know that I spoke to you a few years back. You turned me on to Bernie who has turned out to be a good resource and a great friend. He put a Whipple on my Advantage and recently on my Daytona. Just thought you should know since you offered to help on another thread.
I'm going to take your advice and try out the 2 inch lower on my 25 Daytona. Any other advice would be appreciated.
Eric

Whipple Charged
02-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Eric, thats great to hear. I've known Bernie since I was just a little kid, great to hear things went well.
As for recomendations, the 2 lower should really wake it up. Imco use to make the drive extensions, those really free'd the boats up but there not made anymore. Land and Sea makes them, but I've never used them. The 2" lower should do it. Possibly a 5 blade Hering prop, but test a bravo first so you can get the right prop to test, because it will change.
Thanks,
Dustin

Skullinator
02-06-2003, 08:00 PM
risky Bus: Got call last night from LVLL. Won't be there on Saturday morning going back to Havasu to drop off boat.Said something about a meeting monday Afternoon.

Risky Business
02-07-2003, 08:52 AM
James:
I have someone picking up my equipment as we'll be in Veags. He told me the coaches meeting was SUNDAY at 6:00...Not Monday???

Skullinator
02-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Risky Bus are you still going this weekend.

Risky Business
02-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Skull:
We just got back tonight and WILL be heading back out on Thursday. Had a great time this weekend. Tried out a 2 inch lower and the boat ran a consistent 92-93 mph with 2 people and full tanks. The thing really woke up with the lower. I like it!

Skullinator
02-17-2003, 07:39 PM
How much did you gain as far as speed goes at the same rpm and what are you going to do with the XR Lower that came off.

Risky Business
02-17-2003, 07:51 PM
I used to get 88 mph but it was never very consistent. 84-85 was the norm. 88mph only when all was perfect. I guess these Daytona's really like the shorty because I was running a consistent 92-93 on GPS all day long.
As for the old lower, it is a BIG SHAFT and is for sale. Actually, I may sell the entire drive for the right price. Do you know someone?

Risky Business
02-17-2003, 07:53 PM
As for RPM, 5,000 to 5,100.

Skullinator
02-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Ill see you friday in havasu. Are you going to lvll meeting on thursday night.
[ February 17, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Skullinator ]

hcb26
02-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Risky Business,
It was nice meeting you and your wife out in havasu last weekened.I am actually headed back out there friday to put the blower back on the Howard and give it a few test runs.Just curious what gear ratio and prop size are you running on your daytona?

Risky Business
02-19-2003, 07:59 PM
HCB
Likewise, good talking to you.
I am running a stock Bravo 1 28p prop. Gear ratio is 1.36. I am estimating 600-625hp and was running a consistent 5,000 to 5,100 RPM. I was mostly concerned with planing and it was fine with the wife and 2 kids. Four adults could be a different story.
I'm thinking of blueprinting the prop, but in stock form the RPM is right where I want it. So, maybe not.
By the way, now that I know how much HP you're running, I'm going to need a big head start.
See you Friday
Eric

Risky Business
02-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Skullinator:
Ill see you friday in havasu. Are you going to lvll meeting on thursday night. James:
Had the first practice today with the little guys. They appear to be up to the challenge, so beware. hehehe
As for Thursday, my team mom is going in my place. We are heading out to Havasu around 7:00, right after the little guy's Karate class. Look forward to puttin down a few silvers with you and Jen.
Eric

Skullinator
02-19-2003, 09:05 PM
WOW that sounds like a little practice game might be in order. I also had my squad out there today for the first time. Saw you practing and let me tell you i have not forgot about the beating you gave me last year. We are also taking off after the little one gets out of Karate.So I'll see the family in the Channel around 11:00 or so and don't forget the the dam metal detector that is all i have heard about for weeks now. argue

Whipple Charged
02-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Eric,
I told ya man, I know my Eliminators :D
Now, I think a 5 blade Heiring may be even better. I promise, the acceleration with the Heiring is mind boggling, we tested one the other day on a 25 Nordic and 496 HO with SC, it put a serious smile on my face!! You need 3 pitches smaller with the Heiring to be close to the same rpm as before. Now you need to pick up that free horsepower, well as free as marine parts can be, a 1050 Dominator carb will pick up 25hp over the stock 800 if you haven't already. Then the stock cam can be swapped for a much more agressive cam. Another 25hp is left there as well.
Thanks,
Dustin

Risky Business
02-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Dustin,
All I can say is.....You were right on. I was very impressed with the 2 inch lower. As for the carb and cam, Bernie will be starting that project real soon. Also going with Pro 1 heads and MSD. Damn, I think I have centuryitis....
Any idea who will let me demo a Heiring prop?
Thanks again for the advice
Eric

Whipple Charged
02-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Eric,
You know, we could actually take your SC and intercooler and bolt it onto a 671 intake, oh, add a blower, and you would have a quad. You would need a few things here and there, but if you go that far, you can really make some power.
Dustin