PDA

View Full Version : I knew it!What a a$$

racecar.hotshoe
04-22-2005, 06:47 AM
U.S. National - AP
Woman in Wendy's Finger Case Arrested
By CHRISTINA ALMEIDA, Associated Press Writer
LAS VEGAS - The woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili last month has been arrested, the latest twist in a bizarre case about how the 1 1/2-inch finger tip ended up in a bowl of fast food.
Anna Ayala was taken into custody late Thursday at her Las Vegas home, police said.
Authorities would not provide details until a news conference Friday in San Jose, Calif. — the city where Ayala claimed she bit down on the finger in a mouthful of her steamy stew.
Ayala's 18-year-old son, Guadalupe Reyes, said he had gone to the store around 9 p.m. when he got a phone call from a friend who was back at the Las Vegas home.
"We rushed back and she was already gone," Reyes said.
Reyes said he had no other details and was waiting to hear from his mother.
Ohio-based Wendy's International Inc. did not immediately return a call Friday.
Ayala's claim that she found the finger tip, complete with a well-manicured nail, on March 22 initially drew sympathy. But when police and health officials failed to find any missing digits among the workers involved in the restaurant's supply chain, suspicion fell on Ayala, and her story has become a late-night punch line.
Ayala hired a lawyer and filed a claim against the Wendy's franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management. But after police searched her home in Las Vegas and continued to question her family, she dropped the lawsuit threat, saying the whole situation was just too stressful.
"Lies, lies, lies, that's all I am hearing," Ayala said after police started questioning her. "They should look at Wendy's. What are they hiding? Why are we being victimized again and again?"
As it turns out, Ayala has a litigious history. She has filed claims against several corporations, including a former employer and General Motors, though it is unclear from court records whether she received any money. She said she got $30,000 from El Pollo Loco after her 13-year-old daughter got sick at one of the chain's Las Vegas-area restaurants. But El Pollo Loco spokeswoman Julie Weeks said last week that the company reviewed Ayala's February 2004 claim and paid her nothing.
Earlier Thursday, Wendy's International Inc. announced it had ended its internal investigation, saying it could find no credible link between the finger and the restaurant chain.
Sales have dropped at franchises in Northern California, forcing layoffs and reduced hours, the company said. Wendy's also has hired private investigators, set up a hot line for tips and offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who provides information leading to the finger's original owner.

beer hunter
04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
I don't think she's going to like the food in jail either :hammer2:

racecar.hotshoe
04-22-2005, 07:05 AM
I don't think she's going to like the food in jail either :hammer2:
Why I here its finger licken good!............ :D :D

beer hunter
04-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Why I here its finger licken good!............ :D :D
LMAOhttp://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif

tmatson
04-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Only thing which would have made this better is if the finger was her own and they traced the fingerprints back to her.

Freak
04-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Did you see the inside of her home on the news. Talk about living in squalor.

HOSS
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Turns out the finger is from a dead guy. Fingerprints revealed.

ratso
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Turns out the finger is from a dead guy. Fingerprints revealed.
...maybe a gay dead guy... said the fingertip was manicured.

MsDrmr
04-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Yuck....
Hey Racecar, how are ya doing after the surgery????

racecar.hotshoe
04-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Doing great.Might just go to the river this weekend for some R/R...... :D

JetBoatRich
04-22-2005, 02:17 PM
She has a history of lawsuits :lightsabe

Cat Skinner
04-22-2005, 06:00 PM
There's something about that chilli. I just can't quite put my finger on it :supp:

Ziggy
04-22-2005, 06:03 PM
There's something about that chilli. I just can't quite put my finger on it :supp:
LOL

phebus
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Somebody just might be sportin' a permanent "shocker" :D

JetBoatRich
04-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Where did she get the finger from :confused:

shueman
04-22-2005, 07:34 PM
She's also had a warrant on her for Real Estate Fraud.

JackieV
04-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Gosh, some really sick people... I hope she learned her lesson.