PDA

View Full Version : I got a surprise on my doorstep yesterday....

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-22-2005, 08:39 AM
my headers are back from Jethot and all I can say is WOW.....they do nice work.......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523fun_356.jpg
Omega

Devilman
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
So with the jethot coating, will they stay like that all the time or will they need any maintenance? Polishing, washing, etc.? Those look awesome. The chrome on mine is still good but down between the tubes is some surface rust that I can't get rid of. Might have to look into that myself. :D

Crazy Squeeek
04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I had my headers jet hot coated and can kick my self in the ass. First to get the best results the headers need to be NEW!!!! Old headers will come back with pits and fish eye. 2ndly, I could have had a company here in my town do the same coating and could have saved $85.00 on shipping!!!!! 3rdly, They are way over priced!!!!!!!!!!! There are hiddin charges too they dont tell you about in the quote ( sandblasting-dent removal, ect. ) My suggestion is to look around, Jet Hot is not the only rat on the block.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
I had my headers jet hot coated and can kick my self in the ass. First to get the best results the headers need to be NEW!!!! Old headers will come back with pits and fish eye. 2ndly, I could have had a company here in my town do the same coating and could have saved $85.00 on shipping!!!!! 3rdly, They are way over priced!!!!!!!!!!! There are hiddin charges too they dont tell you about in the quote ( sandblasting-dent removal, ect. ) My suggestion is to look around, Jet Hot is not the only rat on the block.
this is all true.....unless you have a buddy that is an authorized jethot dealer ;) then things get a whole lot cheaper. I paid less than $300 and that includes shipping both ways, stripping and welding up a couple pin holes.
My headers were used........REAL USED and they came back flawless. they even welded up some pin holes and everything. I am very happy with the job they did. Although they are not the only ones doing ceramic coating check out the warrantee you get with other vendors vs them.
My intake is coated by one of the 'other guys' and the luster is close but jethot sterling has it beat. the other stuff is very brittle also....seems to chip easily.....only time will tell on these but first impression is very good.
Omega

MudPumper
04-22-2005, 10:05 AM
For Jet Hot coated headers, a little mothers polish will take off most anything that gets on them. I've taken off burned off grease with very little effort with Mothers.
For chromed headers you need to spray inbetween the pipes with WD-40 after youre done for the day. Before you go out the next time just wipe them down with some windex to get the WD off. Also shoot some WD40 around the weep holes and inside the collectors to fight the rust. They will look better much longer if you just take care of them.

Squirtcha?
04-22-2005, 10:05 AM
A few more satifsfied customers.
Jethot (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76959)
I've got nothing to gain, but I've had em do some work for me too. It turned out just fine.
I sold the headers in this post to 460 and trust me, they needed to have some work done to em prior to coating. Sounds like he's pretty happy with the results.

Devilman
04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
I'll have to try it, at least to keep them from getting any worse. I have no idea how old they are, they were that way already when I bought the boat. I noticed the weep holes down at the bottom, they're a little flaky too. Guess I'll try to remove some of the crud, then do the WD-40 thing. Thanks!

460 jus getn it
04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
very nice. i got mine back a couple of days ago and i said the same thing,WOW.

dmontzsta
04-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Those look amazing, better than chrome IMO. I cant wait to do this, how long did it take them?

HBjet
04-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Looks Good... $300 is still too high for me... Especially since they will discolor over some time if you run them pretty dry. I would like to get mine done again sometime.
HBjet

dmontzsta
04-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Looks Good... $300 is still too high for me... Especially since they will discolor over some time if you run them pretty dry. I would like to get mine done again sometime.
HBjet
Did you run yours dry all the time? I was wondering how they looked over time, I remember seeing yours and they still look good.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I plan to run them wet.....all the time. remember my boat is slow :220v: I am pleased with them and feel I got a fair deal seeing how they had to strip them, repair them and then coat them. not to mention the boxes and packaging they put them in was superb. I mean way above what I would have expected. I saved those boxes too. they weren't cheap ones. I bet they put $15 worth of bubble wrap and packing material in there.
Chrome blues. If you keep a set long enough something will happen and you will loose water. it always seems to happen at WOT too :cry: then it takes all of 10 seconds to turn your pretty chrome headers blue. I hope this stuff will stand the test of time.
I just hope my baffles will still 'slip' in there with the coating on. guess I will find out this weekend when I bolt em on.
Omega

MAINEVENT
04-22-2005, 11:31 AM
I just got my headers done by Rewarder and happy with that outcome a little cheaper than Jet Hot and a nice job a little pitted but they had a lot of rust on them so it was expected... When or If i get new header some day they will go straight to Jet Hot for the Life time gaurantee of NO RUST :rollside:

n8dawg
04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
some body should post up a before and after picture!

Squirtcha?
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
I had a set of jethotted headers. I sold em to Squirtin Thunder here a while back. I ran em with no water numerous times, and all it did was frost em for the first 6"- 8" (still silver, but lost some of the shine). Right where they'd normally turn blue if chromed. The rest of em still looked fine.

460 jus getn it
04-22-2005, 12:13 PM
some body should post up a before and after picture!
here is beforehttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1570S3010065.JPG

460 jus getn it
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
after kind of hard to see its with camera phonehttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/15700421051034.jpg

n8dawg
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
well shit i'm sold on that idea!!!
Thanks

460 jus getn it
04-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Those look amazing, better than chrome IMO. I cant wait to do this, how long did it take them?
i took a litte over a week for mine.but mind u not they are right around the corner from my house.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-25-2005, 04:26 AM
some pics of the headers installed.......I almost forgot what a PITA that 2nd bolt back from the front is.......on both sides no less. anyhow all water under the bridge. needless to say I am pleased with the outcome......
before pic (notice the beautiful shades of purple and blue and gold....lol)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523IM000320.JPG
after pic
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523fun_013.jpg
definitely an improvement. hopefully this will hold its luster better than the chrome did.......I am baffled as to why Bassett has not got on board with this ceramic coating......maybe it makes headers live toooo long :wink:
Omega

Squirtcha?
04-25-2005, 07:14 AM
some pics of the headers installed.......I almost forgot what a PITA that 2nd bolt back from the front is.......on both sides no less.
Always a squeeze aren't they?
definitely an improvement. hopefully this will hold its luster better than the chrome did.......
Omega
I think you'll be real happy with em. It's amazing how it kinda freshens up the look of the whole boat eh? That's a nice lookin ride you have there, and it shows that you take good care of it.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Always a squeeze aren't they?
nothing like 264 1/16th of a turn with an open ended wrench......oh yeah and those bolts always have to go in first......
I think you'll be real happy with em. It's amazing how it kinda freshens up the look of the whole boat eh? That's a nice lookin ride you have there, and it shows that you take good care of it.
thanks for the compliment. :) I consider it to be a labor of love...... :) It has come along way from where it was when I first bought. Now that it is done I have actually entertained the idea of selling it and getting into another project :220v: I know.........glutten for punishment. lol
Like I tell everyone this is a hobby.....not an investment.
Omega

460 jus getn it
04-25-2005, 07:41 AM
looks great even better that they are on a ford. i ran mine for the first time yesterday, they dulled at the head about the first 4 inches and thats it. im very happy and it does brighten up the hole project. its a passion thats what i tell people and nothing feels better when someone comes up and shakes your hand a tells u that that is one nice boat you have :D :D :D bubble jet your boat looks great.

Squirtcha?
04-25-2005, 08:58 AM
nothing like 264 1/16th of a turn with an open ended wrench......oh yeah and those bolts always have to go in first......
Yupper that's for sure!
thanks for the compliment. :) I consider it to be a labor of love...... :) It has come along way from where it was when I first bought. Now that it is done I have actually entertained the idea of selling it and getting into another project :220v: I know.........glutten for punishment. lol
Yeah............sure. I've finished mine several times!
Like I tell everyone this is a hobby.....not an investment.
Yeah...........I always get a kick outa the guys that say in the boat trader, "X amount of $ invested". Typically with an "investment" there is at least a possibility that you'll either A) make money..........or B) at least break even LOL