PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tabs- Help

Bense468
04-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey guys...Been having a tough time trying to figure out who makes these tabs. Did a lot of searching and talking to people with no results.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/731Tabs-med.jpg
The rams went bad and were sucking in water. I took them apart the other night, and it looks pretty simple to replace the seals . I just cannot figure out who makes them, or if they offer a rebuild kit. There are no markings at all. Running Bennet pumps. HELP...Boat is a 95 ultra.
Thanks

shockwavebd
04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
There Dana LT 500.............. :D

Dr. Eagle
04-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey guys...Been having a tough time trying to figure out who makes these tabs. Did a lot of searching and talking to people with no results.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/731Tabs-med.jpg
The rams went bad and were sucking in water. I took them apart the other night, and it looks pretty simple to replace the seals . I just cannot figure out who makes them, or if they offer a rebuild kit. There are no markings at all. Running Bennet pumps. HELP...Boat is a 95 ultra.
Thanks
Is it a 21 foot or a 23 foot?

INSman
04-22-2005, 06:47 PM
There Dana LT 500.............. :D
Shouldn't you be busy finishing someone's boat and not surfing the internet and pimping your knowledge ?? :boxingguy

Bense468
04-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Its actually a 20 foot ultra jet.
They have never worked since I have bought the boat. I took the actuators apart, and it seems pretty simple to add some new parts.
Thanks for the help...Just looked on Dana's website again and I don't see the exact plate but some close. Rex told me if they were dana's they would say it. There are no markings on these at all. I sent them an e-mail with the picture above.

Bense468
04-22-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't have any external lines. Hydraulic fluid runs through the top actuator mount on the transom into the actuator.

slink
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Shouldn't you be busy finishing someone's boat and not surfing the internet and pimping your knowledge ?? :boxingguy
That would be Bob's job silly............BD's too busy working on a boat just a little bigger than yours. :jawdrop: (PS it was amazing all the "Extra" stuff/work Javier put into my boat every time I dropped off a 12'er of Coronas...went alot smoother & faster that way) Gotz to know "who's who in the zoo" :D

C-2
04-22-2005, 09:06 PM
whazzup dude
I agree they look a lot like my neighbor's Dana tabs.
Maybe call this guy, he seems to know quite a bit about retro fitting Bennett's:
Martini Tabs (http://www.martiniboat.com/products.htm)
Maybe he can steer you in the right direction

Dana Marine Products
04-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Bense, those are our early model LT500's. Bring the cylinders down and we'll freshen them up for you. Early tabs were never marked. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me, Bob @ Dana Marine 951-279-5005.

Bense468
04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bob. I will be headed out there some time this next week. I will give ya a call. Thanks for your help. These forums come in handy as well when you actually need some help. Who would have thunk it :wink:
Whats up Craig. Whats been going on?
Jeff