PDA

View Full Version : lots in AZ

Excessive Force
04-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok, im going to Az next weekend to try and find a lot to later build on. Where in Az are there still lots? Im sure there starting to go like hotcakes. And for reasonable prices. maybe too much to ask. hope my exwife isnt on this board!

Dusty Times
04-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Havasu, Bullhead, Kingman??????????

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Goodyear! It's banging out there! They have acre lot's to buy right now, not sure who the builder is, but I know they are custom homes and very close to the high school. Art wants to buy something like that after the new house we are moving into in July. Also in Goodyear.
Good Luck! Try Standard Pacific Homes

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Goodyear,Queen creek,apache junction oh and maricopa is getting ready to blow up.

Ion
04-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Valle Vista Golfcourse Community in Kingman is appreciating quickly...many local (Havasu) builders have been doing specs for the past 8-12 months. About 1/4 the price of comp. Havasu golfcourse lots.

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Goodyear,Queen creek,apache junction oh and maricopa is getting ready to blow up.
Hey you live close by! we really need to plan a AZ get together, kinda like the way they do out in Corona, Ca.
I miss those special events...

HOOTER SLED-
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Don't buy anything in Goodyear. Art and Jackie bring down the property value over there. :D ;)

HOOTER SLED-
04-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey you live close by! we really need to plan a AZ get together, kinda like the way they do out in Corona, Ca.
I miss those special events...
You'll just have to drive further and spend the night for those now Jackie. :skull:

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:32 PM
You'll just have to drive further and spend the night for those now Jackie. :skull:
Ohhhhh, I luv you too! But if I drive to your new place and spend the night...please warn me that you are naked before I jump into bed with you two!
J/K O'l blue eyes, you sexy b!tch you!

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Don't buy anything in Goodyear. Art and Jackie bring down the property value over there. :D ;)
LMAO! Yeah, we kinda do, you know them damn mexicans!

HOOTER SLED-
04-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Ohhhhh, I luv you too! But if I drive to your new place and spend the night...please warn me that you are naked before I jump into bed with you two!
J/K O'l blue eyes, you sexy b!tch you!
Ohhhh, you likeded it. :D :D

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Ohhhh, you likeded it. :D :D
Ohhhh yeahhh! And the Chocker tu. lol :p

JackieV
04-22-2005, 09:50 PM
But I like your wife more!

Excessive Force
04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
how bad is it in havasu

Mrs.Racer277
04-22-2005, 09:56 PM
how bad is it in havasu
Just over 100,000 for a lot about 5 months ago.

JackieV
04-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Back in October we paid 177,000 in Goodyear, last we checked in Late December it had gone up 22,000.

Excessive Force
04-22-2005, 11:02 PM
jackieV is that for an empty lot or a house?

HOOTER SLED-
04-22-2005, 11:06 PM
jackieV is that for an empty lot or a house?
They bought a brand new house.
Duhhh Jackie. :D

Mardonzi
04-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Lots in Powell are still pretty reasonable.. 1/2 acre for around 60k and 1/4 acre in the 40's. These are view lots too...

JackieV
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
They bought a brand new house.
Duhhh Jackie. :D
I'm sorry, I forgot this is a "LOT" thread...I was delirious last night with the flu!... either way I up'd my post one!

Sleek-Jet
04-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I did a Realtor.com search for Powell and nothing came up. Is ther a city or zip code for that area ?
Try Page Arizona...

cave
04-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Excessive Force, Judging from your avatar you'll fit right in. What areas are you interested in. Close to the Colorado River? Central AZ like Phoenix metro area? This includes the West side. Quartzite?
Got to promise that you wont try to change it here.
Central area has 6 reservoirs. Pleasant, Bartlett, Saguaro, Canyon, Apache and Roosevelt. I didn't count Horseshoe. Its a b!t c h to get to.
Some areas are on a lottery deal now. I have friends who have bought lots and have been waiting since December 04 for them to start building. Thats not custom though.
Another thing bout buying dirt here in AZ is who services the area like Rural Metro fire or city. County Sheriff or city police. OH and Trash pick up. Just some things you may want to ask when your really ready.

Excessive Force
04-28-2005, 02:14 PM
OK, just lookin for some last minute suggestions. Im leaving tommorow, just going to make a weekend of it all. Im thinking of skipping Queen creek though. :eat:
What ive heard so far: Goodyear, queen creek, apache junction, maricopa, kingman, page. which of these areas is more like say Corona, or riverside. What im not looking for are areas that resemble, oh, say hemet, san jacinto, san bernardino. Sorry not talkin smack bout them places, just dont wanna live in an area like it. :cool:
First stop will be lake havasu city, unfortunately not with the boat :cry:

Outnumbered
04-28-2005, 02:44 PM
OK, just lookin for some last minute suggestions. Im leaving tommorow, just going to make a weekend of it all. Im thinking of skipping Queen creek though. :eat:
What ive heard so far: Goodyear, queen creek, apache junction, maricopa, kingman, page. which of these areas is more like say Corona, or riverside. What im not looking for are areas that resemble, oh, say hemet, san jacinto, san bernardino. Sorry not talkin smack bout them places, just dont wanna live in an area like it. :cool:
First stop will be lake havasu city, unfortunately not with the boat :cry:
Ok, here is my So-Cal to AZ comparison:
Phoenix Metro: East Side--Queen Creek, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa areas where you can still buy lots will be a lot like Chino or Hemet/San Jacinto. There are some nice pockets of custom homes mixed in this area that would compare to Corona/Riverside. Most of it is old dairy land, pretty flat, lots of flys from the dairies, no real views, etc. West Side--Goodyear, Waddell, Litchfield Park area is a lot like Riverside,Chino,Hemet/San Jacinto. Litchfield Park is probably more like Riverside or Corona. The West side property is closer to the river. Land is not too cheap here in the Phoenix valley anymore. I would say you are going to pay prices higher than Havasu here. Unless you need to be close to a big city I think I would rather be in Havasu.
Kingman--3 hours NW of Phoenix--would be like Victorville/Hesperia/high desert area. Very similar climate and similar feel to the town. If you are looking to be close to Laughlin then check Kingman/Golden Valley--about 45 minutes from KL at Mohave. Land here will be much cheaper than the Phoenix metro area.
Well, I could go on but this should give you a start. Remember, just like Corona and Riverside, there are good and not so good parts of town in each of the cities you are looking at.

Mandelon
04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I'd recommend a little burg called "Butcher Hook" Its near Punkin Center... :D
Not far from from Lake Roosevelt, really.

Outnumbered
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
What is your budget? The area you are looking in is huge and you really need a target price to see where the best bang for the buck is. I would look in far Northeast Scottsdale if you need a big lot in a nice area near the city. I think that area is a great bargain right now. However, its not cheap.
On the opposite end of the price scale, Golden Valley would be a great place to buy if you want to be in a small town similar to how Hesperia was 30 years ago. Lots of upward potential there.

checkr'd past
04-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey , don't forget golden shores, topock.Just close escrow on a 1/2 acre lot for 34k and it was just 22k last fall. Its crazy all over

SBullet
04-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Havasu, Bullhead, Kingman??????????
What he say!! Anyone of these places that you buy you will not go wrong. I am going in a couple weeks to purchase a lot in Bullhead. :D

Tequila-John
04-29-2005, 05:40 AM
I am here in Gilbert and running it WIDE OPEN. All my neighbors are from Cali. We just moved the party over to a hotter state. HA DING!

Mardonzi
04-29-2005, 06:04 AM
I did a Realtor.com search for Powell and nothing came up. Is ther a city or zip code for that area ?
Sorry for letting the questions slide,, the zip here is 86040. The only realtor i believe that shows up is the Coldwell Banker one. There are a couple of independants, (Prince Realty and Rimview Properties) that usually have some pretty nice homes and lots listed.

callbob4homes
04-29-2005, 06:28 AM
and don't forget your east side REALTOR........Me! I got Tequila John set up in Gilbert. Check out my website and search the MLS for the whole Phoenix area. I don't know why you don't look at Queen Creek for long term investment (or short term for that matter) My house just appreciated 50K with the sale of my neighbors house and I just made the first payment! Call me for particulars on any of this area. Phone number on website. and hey TJ, new listing in your area, same house and sq. ft. $519K! cha ching. Gold Canyon another hot bed for high dollar growth.