PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum, allison craft??

darkfox1
04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
hey yall, found the forum looking on google, not sure this is really the palce for this boat since its not nessecarily a "hot" boat.. but.. my family has had a 1978 allison GT-20 with a 200hp mercury outboard since it was brand new in 1978. It probablly has ~100 hours of use on it and has been pulled out of storage for the 1st time in 10 years recently to get ready for a little use, and then to sell. I was wondering if this boat has any value, I hardly see any info on the web about allison boats, and I dont know if thats due to a lack of popularity?? or whats the deal.. so if anyuone could shed some light on that I'd really appreciate it.

darkfox1
04-23-2005, 08:48 PM
hello? I didnt know they were THAT unpopular?

dc96819
04-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Every one HB sleeps on the weekends
heres another good place
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/index.php

Wicky
04-23-2005, 09:35 PM
hey yall, found the forum looking on google, not sure this is really the palce for this boat since its not nessecarily a "hot" boat.. but.. my family has had a 1978 allison GT-20 with a 200hp mercury outboard since it was brand new in 1978. It probablly has ~100 hours of use on it and has been pulled out of storage for the 1st time in 10 years recently to get ready for a little use, and then to sell. I was wondering if this boat has any value, I hardly see any info on the web about allison boats, and I dont know if thats due to a lack of popularity?? or whats the deal.. so if anyuone could shed some light on that I'd really appreciate it.
Check out Allisonowners.com and go into the forum.
Very informative site.
Wicky

darkfox1
04-24-2005, 07:06 AM
thank you so much, We got the motor running yesterday, but the water pump is bad.. suprise :P it cranked right up tho! so thast a good sign, should be in the water in no time!