PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Air Fares

INXS
04-24-2005, 08:56 AM
has anyone traveled using them? I found one "Cheapflights" that can save me 40% if I travel on about a weeks noticed! Are there any headaches with dealing with these companies?

Infomaniac
04-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Not unless the flight is oversold. Most airlines ask for volunteers to give up their seat. And if there are no volunteers they choose whoever paid the least for their ticket to stay behind.

JackieV
04-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey there! I would just try it. I actually went on to find my mom a ticket to Vegas right now, just cause of your thread! I booked mine and Art's tix to Vegas from Southwest.com, but I think I would have found something cheaper...hummmm, I have to keep checking.

Boozer
04-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I book about 90% of my flights last minute through price line often times I book the flight the same day. A friend of mine has relatives in Hawaii and fies there at least twice a year from Denver he books the same day he wants to leave and usually flies round trip for $200. I have flown many times round trip from DIA to LAX for under $150.00. Vegas flights seem to be hit or miss though, sometimes I find them for $79 round trip sometimes I cant seem to find them for less then $160 round trip.

Mrs CP 19
04-24-2005, 05:49 PM
A lot of the airlines will guarantee they will beat the lowest fare you find. I have done this once with American. Never had a problem with priceline or hot fares, even overseas flights. So, if you find a great price, you can always call the carrier, provided they tell you who the carrier is!!! On lots of the inexpensive flights you never know what you are flying till you pay. Good luck, hope all works out well!

INXS
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
I found that on Cheaptickets.com you can get great deals months in advance. I'm sure they are not during peak travel times but they seem to be the lowest. Their prices also include what's called the 9-11 tax which can run anywhere from about $60 to $120, most other site prices do not include this in their qouted prices but it's in their final prices!

INXS
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Funny I found the best deal, going to Greece, was booking true the airlines web site. Also if you can find a hotels web site they offer a 10-15% inter-net discount! This adds up to about a 25% savings over my travel agents best deal. Also I'll get a one stop flight rather then the two stops that the agent offered! Funny, they didn't mention that choice! :mad: ! :mad: :mad:

Mrs CP 19
05-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I personally use Kayak.com or itasoftware.com. Both use real time program (Sabre), that the airlines use. Prices change about every 15 minutes. You cannot book thru these websites, but they show airlines, times, prices and you book directly with airline. As I mentioned before, most airlines will beat lowest advertised price. Just booked to Munich, Salzburg and Nice for a Riviera cruise in June. Lowest I found BEFORE checking aforementioned sites was $2447.00 pp economy. We are doing 3 cities with stops ( few days in Munchen, Salzbur and week for Nice) for 1098.00 pp. from Orange County CA
Have fun in Greece!!

INXS
05-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I personally use Kayak.com or itasoftware.com. Both use real time program (Sabre), that the airlines use. Prices change about every 15 minutes. You cannot book thru these websites, but they show airlines, times, prices and you book directly with airline. As I mentioned before, most airlines will beat lowest advertised price. Just booked to Munich, Salzburg and Nice for a Riviera cruise in June. Lowest I found BEFORE checking aforementioned sites was $2447.00 pp economy. We are doing 3 cities with stops ( few days in Munchen, Salzbur and week for Nice) for 1098.00 pp. from Orange County CA
Have fun in Greece!! CP 19 I hope you enjoy your trip also. I also say that some of these sites just work off the # of hits that they provide for the airlines. I see what you mean about the fares always changing. My $840 fare from yesterday is now $1,050. I guess if they have a day or two of slow sales they'll drop the price to get some quick cash? I also guess that when they crunch their #s they know that there's a certain # of people out there that watch their web-site and will only buy if it's a great deal. So I geuss every so often they throw out a few bargins? I'll have to keep a eye on these sites. Thanks