PDA

View Full Version : Beachcomer Questions

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Where do you leave big boats at night?
Is the lunch ramp deep enough for the 36?
What do you do with your trailer when boat is in the water?
Who stays there?
Fun?
Can you put boats on a beach?
Thanks

cc322
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Not sure if theres a lunch ramp ;) but there is a launch ramp ,and the water has been up so you could launch there

6 Dollar Boat
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't have a clue, why are you asking me ? :confused:

jbtrailerjim
04-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I stay there. There is a ramp but I don't know if it will work for a 36' boat. You have to park your vehicle and trailer back in your spot where you stay. It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to do that. They used to have a couple of spots in the park where you could park your vehicle and your trailer after you launched but the owner got a wild hair up his ass and decided not let people park there anymore. It's kind of mellow there but it's a nice place to stay.

boxscore
04-24-2005, 08:04 PM
My recollection is that they limit boats to 26' on their docks

pussycat
04-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey Mike, I stayed there for two seasons before Crazy horse and unless the water is up all the way I don't think you could launch there. Also I left my boat in a protected cove for the weekend. The biggest problem is having a spot large enough to park your boat on as well as the motorhome.

jbtrailerjim
04-24-2005, 08:34 PM
My recollection is that they limit boats to 26' on their docks
No, they actually limit them to only 24'. There excuse is that anything bigger than 24' is too heavy and it tears up the docks. :rolleyes:

bigkyle
04-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Where do you leave big boats at night?
Is the lunch ramp deep enough for the 36?
What do you do with your trailer when boat is in the water?
Who stays there?
Fun?
Can you put boats on a beach?
Thanks
jbtrailerjim is right, boat trailers have to be parked back on your space or out in front of the resort along Beachcomber Blvd. Most of those with boats larger than 24' usually put them back on the trailer. The docks are limited to boats 24' and under. I keep my trailer in front of the mobile home when the boat is in the water. As for the ramp, my friend launches his 28' Conquest, that's as big as I've seen launched. Of course, Site 6 is next door; not the best ramp, but larger boats do use it. It also provides some of the best fun in the later afternoons/early evenings as knuckleheads attempt to put their boats back on the trailer. Lots of good folks in the park. There are also a couple of beaches that you can park a boat as big as yours. My buddy used to keep his 42' Fountain on the beach before he sold it.
Hope this helps. If you decide on the Beachcomber, look us up in the front row.

boxscore
04-24-2005, 08:45 PM
jbtrailerjim is right, boat trailers have to be parked back on your space or out in front of the resort along Beachcomber Blvd. Most of those with boats larger than 24' usually put them back on the trailer. The docks are limited to boats 24' and under. I keep my trailer in front of the mobile home when the boat is in the water. As for the ramp, my friend launches his 28' Conquest, that's as big as I've seen launched. Of course, Site 6 is next door; not the best ramp, but larger boats do use it. It also provides some of the best fun in the later afternoons/early evenings as knuckleheads attempt to put their boats back on the trailer. Lots of good folks in the park. There are also a couple of beaches that you can park a boat as big as yours. My buddy used to keep his 42' Fountain on the beach before he sold it.
Hope this helps. If you decide on the Beachcomber, look us up in the front row.
BIGKYLE = ULTIMATE LURKER (you focker :D )

boxscore
04-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Two years.... 15 posts.... first class lurker.
Or maybe you simply have good self control.
Lots of peeps around here could stand a dose of that, eh?

bigkyle
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
BIGKYLE = ULTIMATE LURKER (you focker :D )
Wow, I think you've just given me a new HB screen name! I am the Ultimate Lurker. Guess I don't have too much to say about most things. But when I do, look out. Hey, it helped sell your boat, didn't it?
Do enjoy the info and entertainment provided on the boards though. Hope your architect problem has been solved.
"The Ultimate Lurker"

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I had a deal on a park model for 30 grand! The owner would carry for me!
I called the park and the space rent was going to be $700 Per mo! WTF!!
I'm staying on D-row for $300 in my motorhome that is nicer and bigger anyways.

Tom Brown
04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Relic had a cool jet boat. :cool: