PDA

View Full Version : Got any Rosarito recommendations...

IN2-IN2MX
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
My friends and I are taking a trip to Rosarito in a few months but we have no idea where to stay. It doesn't have to be a 5 star (do they evne have those there?), as long as it is clean and safe. Anyone been there lately? Any recommendations?
Thanks. :p

NOTALENT
04-25-2005, 05:39 AM
We always stay @ Las Gaviotas, and then take a taxi into town. which is only $20.00 about 10min away. And they have a nice beach huge pool jacuzzis, tennis courts, club house. and u dont have to deal with all the locals..its a gated community. heres the website.
http://www.las-gaviotas.com/Hse_2BR.htm

FRENCHIE
04-25-2005, 05:46 AM
JUST make sure you go to puerto nuevo ..lobster village!! huge lobster an great deals wtih tortillas beans etc for about $9.00!!!!! :jawdrop: :hammer2: :D

OGShocker
04-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Any recommendations?
Stay out of Mexico. Fock those focking fockers! Spend your money in the USA. How is that for a recommendation? :D

jdogginla
04-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Yes........Puerto Nuevo is the place to stop for the lobster. Eat on the cliffs of the water for no money. Also just my .02 but better to rent a house for the weekend. Spend a lil mo money, but soooo much more worth the while. Plus you can find some plush pads between there and Ensenada for weekends.

carbonmarine
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
I agree with OG.
Dont go.....
Go to Parker, its basically the same thing ! ( lol )
Rick 32 ;)

tamalewagon
04-25-2005, 07:13 AM
My friends and I are taking a trip to Rosarito in a few months but we have no idea where to stay. It doesn't have to be a 5 star (do they evne have those there?), as long as it is clean and safe. Anyone been there lately? Any recommendations?
Yes...don't drink the water. :D If I were you, I'd stay a little further south at Calafia. Lot's of fun.

Dan Lorenze
04-25-2005, 07:17 AM
I go down there every once in a while to race offroad, the best place I've stayed at was the Estero Beach Resort.. It's more in Ensenada than in Rosarito but it's pretty safe, they have a guard gate to keep the riff raff to a minimum. The grounds are pretty nice, kind of tropical. Oh, the last time I was in Puerto Nuevo the food wasn't all that cheap like it used to be but still tasted pretty good, my GF still got sick.. Give yourself plenty of time to cross the border, if you come home on Sunday do it early.. A wait like that could really put a marriage to the test... haha...
Dan

NOTALENT
04-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Yes...don't drink the water. :D If I were you, I'd stay a little further south at Calafia. Lot's of fun.
well if were gonna get into the safety issues..dont drink water, or mixed drinks with ice in them...(thats what got me). start takin multi vitamins a week before or get ur immunizations..haha..I got manazoomas revenge and bronchidus from that place because I had the ice..!!! lots of stories! :crossx:

moneypit
04-25-2005, 07:35 AM
I shit my pants every time in cross the border. Cant wait for my fishing trip Memorial. :D

Mandelon
04-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Rosarito Beach Hotel is the classic standby. Right in town and pretty well taken care of.

coolchange
04-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Los Rocas, Just south of Rosarito (5 min) I'll be there in 2 weeks.Check it out (http://www.lasrocas.com/)

BarryMac
04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Don't speed through Cantamar, last time through cost me $40.00 and a gold chain... :D

IN2-IN2MX
04-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys. I am going to look up those hotels.
Puerto Nuevo is a given. Originally we were just going to take a drive there, eat and turn around to come home but then it progressed to a weekend trip.
As far as going to Mexico...almost all of us going are beaners except for the white honky in my avatar :) . We drink the beer, not the water. LOL.
Thanks again.

ROZ
04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Give yourself plenty of time to cross the border, if you come home on Sunday do it early.. A wait like that could really put a marriage to the test... haha...Dan
Yup, I hear the return wait is getting longer already... There have been times where the toll road bumper to bumper extended all the way to Rosarito...Talk about strain ...lol
Do yourself a favor and take the Otay Crossing...3.5 hours to cross at San Ysidro sucks....

jdogginla
04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Otay is the way to go............or just wait til 8 or 9 pm

sdpm
04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Here's my recommendation, go down there and steal a nice vehicle from a good hard working citizen, rob him and his family at gun point, then shoot at them when they run into their house, rob a few more citizens on your way back to the border and make sure you are laughing all this time because you know that when you get back across the border nothing will happen to you and you can't get deported or extridited for your crimes!! :D
Whoops, I got that backwards. Sorry about that!!!

riverroyal
04-25-2005, 07:01 PM
dont go,last time i was there my friend following me on the toll road hit a drunk mexican stubbling down the road,the guy stepped out in front of him,BAM.drove like hell to the border,never been back,10 years ago maybe.Locals love your money until you cause them trouble,then your in deep crap,so stay home!Spend the money at the river

JackieV
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey Chica!
I would stay at the festival on the strip. The Hooter-sleds put out a thread I believe about this same thing not to long ago, but I am not sure if they went...
Either way, I stayed at the Festival and it was the bomb girl! They have a really cool pool and jacuzzi on the first floor and all the rooms and pool are around the club down stairs ANNNND did I mention that it's like two minutes walking distance from Papas & Beer and all the other clubs! It's really a cool place to stay.
But as far as 5 star hotels...I don't think so! And hold all yours and your honeys money, the feds love to f*ck with the men.
BUT you must go to Puerto Nuevo for lunch! YUUUUUUUM Yum! It's about another 25 minutes further!
Good Luck and have fun!

El Chingon
04-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey Chica!
I would stay at the festival on the strip. The Hooter-sleds put out a thread I believe about this same thing not to long ago, but I am not sure if they went...
Either way, I stayed at the Festival and it was the bomb girl! They have a really cool pool and jacuzzi on the first floor and all the rooms and pool are around the club down stairs ANNNND did I mention that it's like two minutes walking distance from Papas & Beer and all the other clubs! It's really a cool place to stay.
Gotta agree with JV! took the wifey to the festival hotel for our anniversary weekend last october.Got the jacuzzi penthouse suite...was pretty cool overlooking the ocean and the clubs. Just don't expect much for a penthouse suite. Make sure you hit up puerto nuevo for some lobster.

JackieV
04-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Gotta agree with JV! took the wifey to the festival hotel for our anniversary weekend last october.Got the jacuzzi penthouse suite...was pretty cool overlooking the ocean and the clubs. Just don't expect much for a penthouse suite. Make sure you hit up puerto nuevo for some lobster.
Thanks! So you know what I'm talking about!
Hey, you don't post much...? How come?

6 Dollar Boat
04-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Rosarito Beach Hotel is the classic standby. Right in town and pretty well taken care of.
I would stay at Hotel Calafia.
Don't stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel unless you want to hear Papa's & Beer until 3 AM