PDA

View Full Version : ** Its NOT a race !, but who's boat will be first to Card #1 **

carbonmarine
04-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I think touching on 160 - 165mph won't quite be fast enough this year ...
Who's gonna be first to card stop #1 ??? I know at least 4 BIG BAD BOY SKATERS will be on hand... Who knows whats coming and what they got ..... ????
Rick32 :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup

Jbb
04-25-2005, 08:12 AM
lol.... :D

dirty old man
04-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Someone starts this every year at this time. Always the first name is Smiths "Preditor", but the list indicates some other possibles. Don't forget, a lot of guys break on Friday. Finally, a lot of people are not listed on the entry sheet yet, some sleepers

racecar.hotshoe
04-25-2005, 08:19 AM
I know who my money's on!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917boat_funny2_copy.jpg

RiverDave
04-25-2005, 08:30 AM
There's some hitters coming out from the East Coast, and I've been told that there's a few that come hell or high water aren't "lifting" until they beat predator to the 1st stop. On the flip side though, I've heard rumours that Predator has been slightly revamped??
Anybodies guess, but the safe bet is to go with the current heavy weight champ I'd suppose..
RD

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I'll be bringing up the rear (utilizing the "tortoise and the hare strategy").
:D

ClownRoyal
04-25-2005, 08:42 AM
They are going to have the pace boat take them from Thompson Bay all the way to Steamboat Cove at 50mph. Then the will turn loose from there. That is a long way to follow a pace boat. The good news for us spectators is that it could be a start resembling an offshore race. Am wondering where best to watch this year.

Huckleberry
04-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Your biggest obstacle will be dodging all the broken-down boats in your path!

phebus
04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Your biggest obstacle will be dodging all the broken-down boats in your path!
Boat moguls :D

Powerquestboy
04-25-2005, 08:59 AM
where is the first card stop and what time is this thing starting. Where should I watch from.

PlyaPlya22
04-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I know if this guy ain't first he will damn sure be right there :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16172003_0110DRII0022.JPG

jackpunx
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
if that Bling guy gets his ass handed to him.. its because he's a pussy.. his boat will go faster than any of the other boats..
so keep that in mind.. PUSSY=Bling :D

RiverDave
04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
if that Bling guy gets his ass handed to him.. its because he's a pussy.. his boat will go faster than any of the other boats..
That might not necesarrily be true, from what the word on the strizeet is..
RD

jackpunx
04-25-2005, 09:24 AM
That might not necesarrily be true, from what the word on the strizeet is..
RD
Dave...
Just go with it.. its not about fast boats.. Its about the opportunity to call Bling a pussy..
Don’t get all caught up in the details.. Just call him names :D

Three Days Only
04-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Two Words.......................
East Coast
For Sures!!!!
Skater or Nor-Tech
Im say'n a Nor-Tech and not Blings!!!!!!

carbonmarine
04-25-2005, 09:25 AM
That 36 is really nice..!! ..There's a new one coming from Newport ... its nice too... I think Teague 750's(?) & Wiesman Drives...
Rick32 :chi:

Three Days Only
04-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Your way wrong..............................It wont!! He's only running 1100 HP per side. It's good for 161 for sure with RPM's left in the motors. But the truth is........... he hasnt ever taken the boat any higher then 161. Time will tell.

moneypit
04-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Am wondering where best to watch this year.
If you can afford the ticket, it would be somewhere in the cockpit. :D

PlyaPlya22
04-25-2005, 10:29 AM
JP.....I agree with you there. He needs to get his balls dipped in brass for this weekend! :D

bohica
04-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Been talk of de-throning Gary Smith in the Predator boat for years. To date, that's all that it's been. My money is still on the Predator boat. Buddy is installing some camera mounts, both front and rear. Probably a waste putting on the front facing camera, won't be any boats to see out in front. :D

Dusty Times
04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Lets see how many blow by the pace boat just to say they were first?????
I know I won't be first.
I do know Gary and a few others will lift before endangering other boats in heavy traffic.
Some hold the throttle down and hope traffic will move. Not Good.

RiverDave
04-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Lets see how many blow by the pace boat just to say they were first?????
I know I won't be first.
I do know Gary and a few others will lift before endangering other boats in heavy traffic.
Some hold the throttle down and hope traffic will move. Not Good.
I hope this whole program comes off incident free. :(
RD

Three Days Only
04-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Been talk of de-throning Gary Smith in the Predator boat for years. To date, that's all that it's been. My money is still on the Predator boat. Buddy is installing some camera mounts, both front and rear. Probably a waste putting on the front facing camera, won't be any boats to see out in front. :D
If my memory serves me correctly, Gary wasnt first last year considering his boat never left the Nautical compound. Im not sure about the year before, but I think he missed that run also due to problems. He's going to have some serious competition this year!! With that said, I just hope the gremlins stay out of his bilge this weekend. It seems that he has been plaqued with BS problems at the last few poker runs I attended. I just want to see him have a trouble free weekend for a change!!

Chromegorilla
04-25-2005, 11:30 AM
I know of one local here in Jacksonville FL bringing his 3600 Supercat out there. Numbers are in the 170+ range and this guy runs hard. On his second Nor-tech cat. Currently building a 43' nortech with ginormous power......

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey can we have a separate class for cat and V bottom...................Please.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Anyone remember that video of Predator from I think two years ago, when they were hitting 150+ and that DCB veered right not far behind them? Guess the DCB broke a drive or soemthing. That was a awesome video. SuperDave can probably find it.

jackpunx
04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Anyone remember that video of Predator from I think two years ago, when they were hitting 150+ and that DCB veered right not far behind them? Guess the DCB broke a drive or soemthing. That was a awesome video. SuperDave can probably find it.
I didnt know it brok.. I thought preditor just crossed their line

Havasu_Dreamin
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I didnt know it brok.. I thought preditor just crossed their line
I had heard it broke. Who really knows though other the DCB owner????

Magic34
04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Gary wasnt first last year considering his boat never left the Nautical compound. Im not sure about the year before, but I think he missed that run also due to problems. He's going to have some serious competition this year!! With that said, I just hope the gremlins stay out of his bilge this weekend. It seems that he has been plaqued with BS problems at the last few poker runs I attended. I just want to see him have a trouble free weekend for a change!!
This was the first boat to the first card stop 2 years ago. Predator was down, and don't know if anyone left early or not, but this boat was the first to get the card.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368Skater_Card_stop_1-med.jpg
I wasn't there last year, wife was having a baby.

RiverDave
04-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I had heard it broke. Who really knows though other the DCB owner????
I heard that as well. Broke and made a hard right. Lucky he wasn't up just in front of the other boat or that would've ended in tears fo shizzle.
RD

cola
04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
A little touchy about the throttle linkage this Sunday. :wink:
Late, Mike

C-2
04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I heard that as well. Broke and made a hard right. Lucky he wasn't up just in front of the other boat or that would've ended in tears fo shizzle.
RD
That was Mike from Washington and DCB Dave in Mike's 34 DCB, and yup, he broke (like every other time he made a run for it). :eek: :eek: :eek:

phebus
04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
A low pressure system is moving throgh the area prior to the poker run, so I wonder what the water will be like, and how much wind there will be. It might be interesting.

C-2
04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
A low pressure system is moving throgh the area prior to the poker run, so I wonder what the water will be like, and how much wind there will be. It might be interesting.
Heard that storm is a running a day early and the weekend is shaping up nice. It rained like hell at the first Heatwave in 99 - that was ugly and cold.

ClownRoyal
04-25-2005, 01:08 PM
That was Mike from Washington and DCB Dave in Mike's 34 DCB, and yup, he broke (like every other time he made a run for it). :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe Mike should bring the 'Team CRC' MTI Cat. :idea: Good chance he would finish.

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 01:12 PM
A little touchy about the throttle linkage this Sunday. :wink:
Late, Mike
It wasn't the lingage this time...just the mixture. :messedup:
And, YES...I was not having a good time (I was ready to sell it to the first guy who came along with a 12 pack)...:hammerhea
However, WOT works just fine.

LakeRacer
04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
This was the first boat to the first card stop 2 years ago. Predator was down, and don't know if anyone left early or not, but this boat was the first to get the card.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368Skater_Card_stop_1-med.jpg
I wasn't there last year, wife was having a baby.
I could be wrong :jawdrop: but Predator was first last year to card stop 1. He was also very fortunate to be the first place winner and received about $5,000 in our last Heat Wave. Maybe this year he will start another tradition :D

spectras only
04-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I hope Bob Russell is going to make it with his 47 OL [ ca
3000 HP]. It should take the lead for the V bottoms .
Make sure you guys take a lot of pics for us north
westerners :cool: .

cola
04-25-2005, 01:48 PM
It wasn't the lingage this time...just the mixture. :messedup:
And, YES...I was not having a good time (I was ready to sell it to the first guy who came along with a 12 pack)...:hammerhea
However, WOT works just fine.
Sh*t, I had a 12 in my boat. We could made a deal right then.
Mike

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I hope Bob Russell is going to make it with his 47 OL [ ca
3000 HP]. It should take the lead for the V bottoms .
Make sure you guys take a lot of pics for us north
westerners :cool: .
What speed is he running with that set up?????

beer hunter
04-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I have it, PM me your email address and I'll send it to ya. Warning, that file is pretty big at just under 10 megs :cool:

ClownRoyal
04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Predator Video (http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/ebm-videos.shtml)

C-2
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Predator Vid (http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv)

INSman
04-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I am just hoping that someone doesn't break something that would cause them to veer right into us spectators watching somewhere on the water !! :2purples:
Did the sponsor of this event purchase "Spectators Liability" ?? :eek: :idea:

framer1
04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I hope this whole program comes off incident free. :(
RD
I'll second that :idea:

CornWater
04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
What speed is he running with that set up?????
Are you telling me I should eat a light breakfast???? :hammer2:

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Are you telling me I should eat a light breakfast???? :hammer2:
Coors Light should do just fine don't you think :wink:

CornWater
04-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Coors Light should do just fine don't you think :wink:
I'm banking on it :D

cjordan
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Watch Out for this V-bottom if he shows (Bob Russell).....buddy paced @140+ in his 32 Skater and that was before he made his pulley changes for the afternoon run :wink: and I'm talking pulley changes where the belts had to be changed also....... :2purples: :2purples: They never had a chance to tangle after that...... :hammerhea My bet is he surprises a few of the DCB boys.......and a few others. This boat is bad azz and he runs it super hard.....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9941Cumberlan_poker_run04__048-med.jpg

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Watch Out for this V-bottom if he shows (Bob Russell).....buddy paced @140+ in his 32 Skater and that was before he made his pulley changes for the afternoon run :wink: and I'm talking pulley changes where the belts had to be changed also....... :2purples: :2purples: They never had a chance to tangle after that...... :hammerhea My bet is he surprises a few of the DCB boys.......and a few others. This boat is bad azz and he runs it super hard.....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9941Cumberlan_poker_run04__048-med.jpg
This should get fun NOW

carbonmarine
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Photo.... You gotta go light ... i.e. NOT with the tons of suasage you usually sled around..... ( lol ) :cool: :cool: :cool:

ClownRoyal
04-25-2005, 03:04 PM
C-2,
Where is the list of who has registered thus far?

spectras only
04-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Jay , Bob ran 140+ with "Rock-It" years ago, with much less power than this new one :D

cjordan
04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
This should get fun NOW
Gotta stir the pot...its been boring lately.... :p :)

cjordan
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Here's a picture many of you should get used too..... :D
Don't worry, I'm in that class too.... :p :squiggle:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9941Cumberlan_poker_run04__010-med.jpg

Rock-it man
04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
MY money is on Predator !!!!! Experience !!!! HP!!!! Speed !!!! GET THEM GARY !!!!!!!!!!

Bense468
04-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I heard bayliner is going to make the show this time and is packin a mill from hell :D

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 05:36 PM
jay,how fast is yours? :cool:
122 Mph 3 weekends ago hoping to get 130 out of her

CornWater
04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Why do I get the feeling you got something up your sleeve... :2purples:

roln 20s
04-25-2005, 06:15 PM
This is a great question--
Vees--those OL sure are bad ass, but I've had the priveledge to ride with Jay and know he drives great, safe and hauls ass--he will definately be one of the first few Vees--120+
Cats--Gotta love Gary as a favorite, can't wait to see the rooster from those Weismans at 150+--how come no one has mentioned Bob Teagues F29, that has to be a 160+ mph boat. The only question is how comfortable does Bob feel taking a 29 footer over a buck fifty?
I can't wait to see the show--to all running and watching, be safe :)
Roln 20s

Phat Matt
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I think you were going that fast when you passed me. I was doing just over 60 and felt like I was parked. :D
I did pass you later though. ;)

riverroyal
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
and how far off the side lines should my family be sitting?..this is gonna be fun ;)

RACRJEFF
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
let's change this up a little , and bring it down to us common folks..... Who will be the first single engine boat to stop# 1?...... Just like desert racing everyone always looks to see who is the 1st 125cc bike to the pits against the big bikes!! kinda same thing here.

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 07:01 PM
let's change this up a little , and bring it down to us common folks..... Who will be the first single engine boat to stop# 1?...... Just like desert racing everyone always looks to see who is the 1st 125cc bike to the pits against the big bikes!! kinda same thing here.
I'm gonna guess that we will be the first in the "Largest Hangover" category...
:supp:

BADBLOWN572
04-25-2005, 07:18 PM
My money is on Predator. From what I have been hearing from some people who know the boat is that there is not much out there, if any, that will touch it.
Really I don't care who is #1 to the card stop as long as no one gets hurt. Lets keep it safe out there!

Liquid Courage
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
There's a bunch of boats that haven't registered yet from what I've seen.
You got Scott Conrad (DSM) bringing out two 40 Skaters w/huge power. One of them is the "never late" skater w/Sterling 1400's. Plus theres a guy that just got done breaking in a new 36 Skater from the OC area w/twin 1400 Pfaffs. Running 150 2/3 throttle during break in. :2purples: And theres Bobbit w/his 40 Skater w/1400 Pfaffs. And theres word Scorseror is coming. Plus theres all the dudes from the east coast coming out here to show us westcoast boys what's up. We'll see.....
And in the V class theres going to be some fast Outer limits from the east.
I can tell you this. There wont just be a good run to stop #1. There's going to be good runs the whole weekend wherever you look.
Wheres stop #1 at????

C-2
04-25-2005, 07:55 PM
You got Scott Conrad (DSM) bringing out two 40 Skaters w/huge power. One of them is the "never late" skater w/Sterling 1400's. Plus theres a guy that just got done breaking in a new 36 Skater from the OC area w/twin 1400 Pfaffs. Running 150 2/3 throttle during break in. :2purples: And theres Bobbit w/his 40 Skater w/1400 Pfaffs. And theres word Scorseror is coming. Plus theres all the dudes from the east coast coming out here to show us westcoast boys what's up. We'll see.....
I can tell you this. There wont just be a good run to stop #1. There's going to be good runs the whole weekend wherever you look.
Wheres stop #1 at????
If you are one of the boats mentioned - you better make some calls fast. Otherwise, you will end up in the last group of boats. All boats are being placed in their respective groups according to size and speed BEFORE we head out there.
So it looks like the ole HH tug might have some competition in the last fleet! :eek: :eek:

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Wheres stop #1 at????Stop # 1 is at Havasu Springs... Conrad told me he was Bringing Double take the 46 Skater owend by Alcone (sp??) is that the other boat you were talking about????

CornWater
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Well....if Sorcerer is coming that definately changes things, that boat is flat out sick fast.. I hope so, because that is the boat that got me interested in high performance boating... :wink:

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 08:04 PM
If you are one of the boats mentioned - you better make some calls fast. Otherwise, you will end up in the last group of boats. All boats are being placed in their respective groups according to size and speed BEFORE we head out there.
So it looks like the ole HH tug might have some competition in the last fleet! :eek: :eek:
Great sounds like 42' and 120+ is going to be in group......................... 3

C-2
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Well....if Sorcerer is coming that definately changes things, that boat is flat out sick fast.. I hope so, because that is the boat that got me interested in high performance boating... :wink:
Last time he was here (2001?) they couldn't dial it in. Bitchen boat, I remember whenever they fired that thing - sounded like a damn earthquake, made the windows shake and stuff!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
I was kinda hoping to not have many boats in the 35'+ 45MPH (max) group...
:notam:

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Last time he was here (2001?) they couldn't dial it in. Bitchen boat, I remember whenever they fired that thing - sounded like a damn earthquake, made the windows shake and stuff!!!!
Yeah...those 2,000HP motors will be real popular at the Marina...

CornWater
04-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I remember watching that boat roll by at idle... it was like a tsunami hit Havasu, everyone just dropped their shiat and stared... :)

C-2
04-25-2005, 08:13 PM
I remember watching that boat roll by at idle... it was like a tsunami hit Havasu, everyone just dropped their shiat and stared... :)
yup :) :)

BLOWN HOWARD
04-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Anybody know if PRIME TIME is going to make it last i saw there were two 1600's sitting next to the boat getting ready to be put in it. Know for sure this would hand Predator his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILDERTHANU
04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Anybody know if PRIME TIME is going to make it last i saw there were two 1600's sitting next to the boat getting ready to be put in it. Know for sure this would hand Predator his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont think Randy is making this run, but I think hes gonna be a "Prime Time" player this year @ all other events.
http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2004-Poker-Run/Saturday-Poker-Run/Contributed/DSC_0043.jpg

BLOWN HOWARD
04-25-2005, 09:18 PM
If i remember right i thought i heard numbers in the 190's out of it this summer!!!!

roln 20s
04-25-2005, 09:25 PM
If i remember right i thought i heard numbers in the 190's out of it this summer!!!!
Is that legal? :eek: :rolleyes: :) Geez...that is sooo FAST!
Roln 20s

cjordan
04-26-2005, 04:19 AM
This is a great question--
Cats--Gotta love Gary as a favorite, can't wait to see the rooster from those Weismans at 150+--how come no one has mentioned Bob Teagues F29, that has to be a 160+ mph boat. The only question is how comfortable does Bob feel taking a 29 footer over a buck fifty?
I can't wait to see the show--to all running and watching, be safe :)
Roln 20s
Is Teagues F-29 on Bravo's? If so, he's nothing to worry about..... :rollside: Teague platinum's or not...... :rolleyes: The big boys will just break 'em.

dirty old man
04-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Prime Time won't be there

C-2
04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Prime Time won't be there
See you out there DOM
BTW
Were you hanging out with Burt at the last Spring Heatwave - the one with the Coast Guard guy there?

dirty old man
04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
No, I'll either be in a boat or observing from the Springs. However I was told the best viewing is from the pump station near the power lines. the big boys have to start backing off there to stop by the first card stop. after all those 5 blade herrings aren't too good brakes. was told it takes a looooong time to stop a Skater from 160+

Liquid Courage
04-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Stop # 1 is at Havasu Springs... Conrad told me he was Bringing Double take the 46 Skater owend by Alcone (sp??) is that the other boat you were talking about????
Jay, thanks for the info. and yea, that's one of the Skaters Scott's bringing. the other is the "never late" skater. SICK! :eek:
pic;
http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2004-Other/DSM%20Skater.jpg

burtandnancy
04-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Is there a cut off on the number of boats entered? Do they allow entires on Friday or Saturday?

LakeRacer
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Is there a cut off on the number of boats entered? Do they allow entires on Friday or Saturday?
We are taking entries on Friday evening starting at 5pm (walk ups.) Our limit is 150 boats and we still have around 30 - 40 openings...although we might go over the 150 by a few entries. This is usually what happens. Hard to turn away people that want to come out and have fun. :D

RiverDave
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
LakeRacer, did you ever get my pm?
RD

Jbb
04-27-2005, 09:34 AM
LakeRacer, did you ever get my pm?
RD
Done deal....Nordic will be first to #1 card stop...Lil Mister will not be denied! :rollside:

RiverDave
04-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Done deal....Nordic will be first to #1 card stop...Lil Mister will not be denied! :rollside:
I'd run it, but it'd be awful embarassing for all those big east coast boyz to get beatup by the family truckster.. ;)
RD

Jbb
04-27-2005, 09:46 AM
I'd run it, but it'd be awful embarassing for all those big east coast boyz to get beatup by the family truckster.. ;)
RD
I think it would be great....so your gonna run bubbles then......great idea!

dirty old man
04-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Heading down the 95 shortly to watch Fridays goings on. Be at the Springs tomarrow for Card #1. Who'll get there first? How much fun will it be heading back against traffic?

Powerquestboy
04-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Can someone tell me or direct me to a link of the card stops and what time this thing starts? I will be driving over from laughlin saturday morning and need to know how early to come and where is a good place to see some action. Thanks