PDA

View Full Version : Lock out handle 4 cavitation plate?

SFV2RVR
04-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know of a manufacture that makes a "locking" handle for a cavitation plate? I was told there was a company called "finishline" out of Van Nuys, Ca. but they are no longer in business. any help would greatly be apprieciated.

HM
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
There are a few locking handles out there. FinishLine was/is one of the best.
I happen to have an extra FinishLine Handle. PM me if you are interested.

bigkatboat
04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I am not out of business, I just stopped making that line of products. When Leonard retired and I bought out his half of the business, we sold the old style cavitation hardware to Richard Lee. Today I am designing new hulls and drive systems. Mike at MLJ makes a very nice locking control handle. He sells it to many of the 'well known' catalog companies. Some make their own controls, just remember to ask if the locking base is billet or cast. Please don't put me in the grave just yet, not before you see my new cat designs. And for those of you who understand; a V-drive cat! Unlike what you have seen in the past.

SFV2RVR
04-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Sorry bigkat. I was goin buy what I was told. Did not mean to throw you in the grave so early. Good luck with the v-drive cat, that sounds like it is goin to be bad ass! Thanks for the other info also.

HM
04-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know of a manufacture that makes a "locking" handle for a cavitation plate? I was told there was a company called "finishline" out of Van Nuys, Ca. but they are no longer in business. any help would greatly be apprieciated.
Hey, my PM's are all messed up and I can't access them. E-mail your shipping info to frankalley@frankalley.com.
Sorry!!!

EXTREMEBOATS
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
:wink: We also carry various styles of locking handles and any other v-drive hardware you may need. You will be surprised at what we can save you on your parts needs! Call us! Mike and Kristina Cline
:wink: Cline Extreme Watercraft

Wildchild80
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
You could give Bergeron Engineering or Rex Marine a call. They are good guys and love all the v drive guys.

HM
04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey SFV2RVR, my PM's are all messed up and I can't access them. E-mail your shipping info to frankalley@frankalley.com.
Sorry!!!
Bump

dmontzsta
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Bump
How much are you looking to get for the handle? any pics?

HM
04-28-2005, 10:31 AM
How much are you looking to get for the handle? any pics?
SFV2RVR and I already cut a deal for $75. I just hope he sees this post. Donald, can you PM him for me and let him know my PM's are disabled for some reason.
If the deal falls through, I will let you know. It is the same handle I sold to SuperDave and then took it back as part of trade I did on my Mandella, then he never needed it (or got tired of waiting for me to ship it). I have a foot pedal as well with all the hardware to make it an override pedal in conjuntion with the lock-out handle. The handle is in perfect working condition, but the Finishline tag is a bit marred - which would fit perfect in your rig.....just kidding....it is still too nice for your rig! LOL ;)

dmontzsta
04-28-2005, 11:21 AM
SFV2RVR and I already cut a deal for $75. I just hope he sees this post. Donald, can you PM him for me and let him know my PM's are disabled for some reason.
If the deal falls through, I will let you know. It is the same handle I sold to SuperDave and then took it back as part of trade I did on my Mandella, then he never needed it (or got tired of waiting for me to ship it). I have a foot pedal as well with all the hardware to make it an override pedal in conjuntion with the lock-out handle. The handle is in perfect working condition, but the Finishline tag is a bit marred - which would fit perfect in your rig.....just kidding....it is still too nice for your rig! LOL ;)
I just sent him a PM for you.
I will make you eat those words about my rig.
:mad:
Although coming from you it is ok, since your Mandella made lots of peoples boats look like shit. :D

HM
04-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks Donald.
You know I am just playin. My Mandella did not start out hermetically clean....it took a few years for me to develop that sickness, and also took a while for my wallet to keep up. :)

dmontzsta
04-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks Donald.
You know I am just playin. My Mandella did not start out hermetically clean....it took a few years for me to develop that sickness, and also took a while for my wallet to keep up. :)
I hear ya...time and money is alot to most people.
I am going to pick up that Mandella that was on the boards. Although I will not be the one restoring it.

HM
04-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I hear ya...time and money is alot to most people.
I am going to pick up that Mandella that was on the boards. Although I will not be the one restoring it.
Long Deck or Short Deck?

dmontzsta
04-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Long Deck or Short Deck?
I am going to say...short.
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Misc...Stuff./dmontzmax/1.jpg
SFV2RVR PMd me back...what is your email addy? I will send you his info.

HM
04-28-2005, 01:54 PM
frankalley@frankalley.com
And yes, that is a short deck. Mine was a short long deck - meaning I cut a long deck short (blasephemy...I know now!). The fiberglass work was done real well and I actually liked the lines of the short long deck over the short and long decks. A real find is the marathon deck......uglier than Kim Hanson, but very rare.

dmontzsta
04-28-2005, 02:08 PM
frankalley@frankalley.com
And yes, that is a short deck. Mine was a short long deck - meaning I cut a long deck short (blasephemy...I know now!). The fiberglass work was done real well and I actually liked the lines of the short long deck over the short and long decks. A real find is the marathon deck......uglier than Kim Hanson, but very rare.
That must have been alot of work. That is more rare than a marathon deck.
:boxed: