PDA

View Full Version : >>if i sell my boat to someone in cali...

FRENCHIE
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
and i have it registered as a non -resident in AZ, do i need to get dmv bill of sale forms etc from AZ???? or is there somewhere online i can print them??? or ?????? anyone know thanx!!?? :confused:

jbtrailerjim
04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Arizona is a non-title state. Your title is your registration. There is a place to sign off on it. Then I would just type or write out some type of bill of sale for the person you are selling your boat to.

cdog
04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
If they buy it in CA they will have to pay sales tax. Talk to Jennifer over at SW and she will tell you who to call to get the paperwork for the sale in AZ.

Big Warlock
04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
If the boat is registered in Az. I would make the transaction and delivery in Az. Ca. is particular about paying taxes and stuff. Would be good for the buyer to get an Az. address for the sale.
Rob

Outnumbered
04-25-2005, 11:22 AM
DMV does not handle the boat in AZ, only the trailer. If the new owner is taking the rig to CA to register it, they will use the CA DMV forms. No need to involve the AZ except just notify them (Game and Fish for boat and AZ MVD for trailer that you have sold it--release of liability).

FRENCHIE
04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
THANX...ANYONE ELSE GOT .02!!?? :confused:

jbtrailerjim
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
It's really not a big deal. My last boat was registered in Arizona as non-resident & trailer was registered in California. I signed off on both of them and made him out a bill of sale on my computer. I showed the boat sold $XXX and the trailer sold $XX. I put the both VIN#'s on the bill of sale. I also typed on the bill of sale "Sold As Is". The buyer and myself both signed it. I kept a copy for my records, I took his money, and sent him on his way. It's really simple. You don't need any special form from the DMV.
Don't forget to send your release of liabilty to the DMV.

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Let me see If my car is registered in NEW YORK and I sell it in flordia to a new mexico Resident do i need to get the cali DMV paperwork.....
I think you answered your own question.....

KLEPTOW
04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
No you need a St Thomas sales receipt and a Kayman Island bank deposit authorization.

FRENCHIE
04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
It's really not a big deal. My last boat was registered in Arizona as non-resident & trailer was registered in California. I signed off on both of them and made him out a bill of sale on my computer. I showed the boat sold $XXX and the trailer sold $XX. I put the both VIN#'s on the bill of sale. I also typed on the bill of sale "Sold As Is". The buyer and myself both signed it. I kept a copy for my records, I took his money, and sent him on his way. It's really simple. You don't need any special form from the DMV.
Don't forget to send your release of liabilty to the DMV.
THANX JB!!!
;)

beyondhelpin
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
If you make a bill of sale make one for yourself and make sure the buyer signs and dates. If they do not take title in and have it in their name and something happens (say hit and run) the cops come banging on your door since you are the last registered owner. Without a bill of sale what real proof do you have that they bought it. I do this for all vehicles.