PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft

framer1
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I just wanted to say how happy I am that the Detroit Lions got two USC boys Mike Williams and Shaun Cody. I see winning in the future :D

KACHINA KEN
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm a Lions fan also along with the Saints. I know what grief is..... I hope tose 2 can make a difference.

Phat Matt
04-25-2005, 05:43 PM
GB got a future Favre replacement that was predicted to go at the top of the draft.

mike37
04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Detroit Lions who the hell are they

framer1
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
There's a reason that Rodgers slipped to 24. He has a very mechanical delivery and hasn't shown much ability to do anything but stand in the pocket and deliver the ball in a very upright manner.
I think you been watching to much ESPN :D The lions needed some playmakers and now they have some. Mark my words they are are going to win their division this year. Harrington is going to step up big time.

JetBoatRich
04-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Detroit Lions who the hell are they
Is it a Hocky team :eek:

framer1
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=
This is make or break for Harrington.
Winning the NFC Norris is no big deal, the division is pretty weak.[/QUOTE]
This is definatly(sp) make or break for Harrington. Winning their division is huge for me :notam: I hadn't heard about the releases that interesting. Going to find out next season I guess who wins what.

SMILEMAKER
04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
;) Detroit win.....Dream on....The CHARGERS will be in the Superbowl :D :D

Not So Fast
04-26-2005, 07:08 AM
I hated the Lions draft. They didn't address any immediate concerns. Unless they plan on moving Charles Rogers, that pick was a waste, IMO.
I like what the Raiders did, even though I hate the Raiders.
I think the Chargers had one of the best drafts out there. They addressed defensive issues. The ended up with two guys that were ranked #1 at their position in Merriman and Castillo. The got a receiver, Vincent Jackson, that was in the top 8 on most NFL draft boards, a big guy that dominated lesser competition. And regardless of what those "experts" at ESPN say, WR was not a pressing concern, with Gates, McCardell, Eric Parker, Kassim Osgood and Reche Caldwell. Keeping receivers healthy is a pressing concern.
Then, there's little Darren Sproles from Kansas State. Look for this young kid to put that Eric Metcalf, Ronnie Harmon excitement back into third down, something desperately needed for the Chargers because LT is not a third down receiving threat like he is on 1st and 2nd.
SB: No doubt about your comments concerning the BOLTZ, I think A.J. Smith has done quite a job since taking over for Butler. after being a fan since the Fouts days it is very exciting to look at this team, they addressed thier needs to a "T" as far as I'm concerned and if Marty dosen't drop the ball they will be a force to recon with for quite a while. Cant wait for the season, GO BOLTZ :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: NSF

framer1
04-26-2005, 07:37 AM
;) Detroit win.....Dream on....The CHARGERS will be in the Superbowl :D :D
I never said anything about the superbowl. Hell, I would be happy with a 500 season :idea:

SMILEMAKER
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
:hammerhea I was just teasing ya!!! Have to have a good sense of humor to be lifelong Bolt fan!!!! I took a lot when we had that "leaf" blower guy...like a nightmare that would'nt go away!!! :cool:

IN2MX
04-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Detroit picking Mike Williams is a great pick although I do disagree with letting Az-Hakim go. Mariucci is trying to put together the west coast offense in Detroit and with R.williams and Rogers a deep threat, with M.Williams and Jones short, it will be a very formidable offense to have to defense.
As far as Marion is concerned, great player in his day...No doubt, but last year too slow, too old.
It is a deal breaker for Harringington. He eithier puts points up now or Garcia will be quick to take over. Its to bad they dont have more confidence in McMahon being that he is soooo athletic and has speed to run out of the pocket ala Michael Vick. (NOT saying he is anyting close to Vick, before I get misqouted).
I think alot of people will be surprised by Detroit this year. They wont win the super bowl by any means, but they will make the playoffs this year if they can stay healthy, which has always been a problem in Detroit.
GO LIONS!

framer1
04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
:hammerhea I was just teasing ya!!! Have to have a good sense of humor to be lifelong Bolt fan!!!! I took a lot when we had that "leaf" blower guy...like a nightmare that would'nt go away!!! :cool:
It sounds like you have lived the same nightmare I have. Leaf had to be the worse pick ever :( I know you were messing around.
Shockwave Bob, You probably should work for ESPN forget the fire Dept. I don't agree with every thing you say but you definaly(sp) know your sh$%$t :)