PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tabs & Diverter.....?

bigdoo
04-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Is that overkill? I have tabs already. Pulled the pump, and thought I would add a diverter during the turnaround.
Which is better to have?
Both?

kachina_labala
04-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Are they hydraulic tabs? Is the extra weight or space an issue? I have both tabs an diverter. My boat is big (22'). I like having the adjustability. I can put the roost up and use the tabs to keep the nose down. I can also use the tabs to level the boat if one of my fat A** buddies is unbalancing the boat.

bigdoo
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes, they are of the Hydraulic nature. THe boat is 21', so it's probabaly similar to your situation. I was just asking, cuz I don't know shit. :rollside:
Thanks for the reply, I can use all the info I can get.

SB
04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Nothing wrong with having both, tabs keep the nose down, diverter puts the nose up or down. Make sure your tabs have enough "up" so they don't "fight" the diverter when it tries to put the nose up.

bigdoo
04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Nothing wrong with having both, tabs keep the nose down, diverter puts the nose up or down. Make sure your tabs have enough "up" so they don't "fight" the diverter when it tries to put the nose up.
10-4. Will do. I guess I gotta just put the damn thang on and go out and fool with it till I get the hang of it. Dropped the pump off at MPD Weds, and when its all said and done, manual diverter will be in place. Should be a couple of weeks, I told him no hurry.