PDA

View Full Version : Hey Coppers?

OGShocker
04-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Why do some LEOs in marked and unmarked cars hit the HOV lanes when they are all alone? This LAPD School cop passes me everyday on my way to work. I have been keeping a closer eye on the HOV and find a focking heard of police in the HOV's on my daily drive. Don't the rules apply across the board? :confused:

Liquid Courage
04-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Get the # and call and complain

RiverDave
04-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Don't the rules apply across the board? :confused:
They have a "pass" for things like that. It's called the "Brass Pass."
RD

Wakker
04-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Why wouldn't they? Whos gonna pull them over? :confused:

Chase
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey OG...get a couple of blow ups..sit em next to you..and you can travel over there as well... :D :D

1stepcloser
04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
When you become a member of law enforcement, you become part of a brotherhood and are never really alone.
Unless you are CHP. Then, apparantly, no other members of law enforcement like you. :confused:

IN2MX
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Why do some LEOs in marked and unmarked cars hit the HOV lanes when they are all alone? This LAPD School cop passes me everyday on my way to work. I have been keeping a closer eye on the HOV and find a focking heard of police in the HOV's on my daily drive. Don't the rules apply across the board? :confused:
Well, the CHP drive it all day long in marked and unmarked vehicles enforcing carpool lane violations.....
Sometimes the PD'S and the Sheriff's will use it if they are WORKING and are in a hurry to get to a call....
And sometimes some just take advantage cuz who's gunna pull them over anyway, kinda benefit to the job.
But, really in the big scheme of things, in all 3 scenarios the LEO in the HOV lane are few and far between, whether legitimate or not, and they are not the ones making your commute any slower. Most of the time its people with money that the cost of $271.00 is minimal to the time it saves.
And, to answer your question, yes the rules apply across the board. Unless they have a red light to the front and an available siren as necessary, they are not exempt from the rules of the road.
So, if this really upsets you and you want to put a stop to it, call the agency of the car that is bothering you, ask for the watch commander, and make your complaint.
Hopefully, if enough people make enough complaints about Police officers, eventually no one will want the job that they are under paid for, and all the criminals will be able to take over.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
So, if this really upsets you and you want to put a stop to it, call the agency of the car that is bothering you, ask for the watch commander, and make your complaint.
Hopefully, if enough people make enough complaints about Police officers, eventually no one will want the job that they are under paid for, and all the criminals will be able to take over.
So are you saying that if enough people make complaints about them breaking the law (one of the perks of the job? ) that they won't want the job anymore? I don't think they take the job to get away with traffic violations.

Dino
04-26-2005, 01:30 PM
they are under paid :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea:

PlyaPlya22
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
I bet I can guess his name???

RP1
04-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Generally speaking, if they are in an unmarked (non black & white) they are probably on-call for an assigment they work. I know that there have been a few times that I have been stuck in traffic when I was needed at a homicide investigation and had to use the HOV lane in order to get there in a reasonable time frame.
I'm not saying it's right, just giving you one perspective.

IN2MX
04-26-2005, 01:50 PM
So are you saying that if enough people make complaints about them breaking the law (one of the perks of the job? ) that they won't want the job anymore?
Most of them do it to try and help the community in which they live, not for the money because yes, they are underpaid.
[/QUOTE]I don't think they take the job to get away with traffic violations.[/QUOTE]
You right.... They dont pull babies out of Microwaves that dad put in cuz he couldnt get her to shut up or take your boyfriend to jail for beating the shit out of you so they could get away with traffic tickets..... They do it to do the job that others didnt want to do.....They do it because if they didnt, who would want too??? So, in my opinion, LEO's feel free to use the carpool lane all you want.....If that is the price I have to pay so that I know when Jessi picks up 911 at night someone will answer, so be it.......and Thank you.

IN2MX
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I bet I can guess his name???
Hahahaha.....Doesnt he have an OP6C sticker on the back of his bike???

RP1
04-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Most of them do it to try and help the community in which they live, not for the money because yes, they are underpaid.
I don't think they take the job to get away with traffic violations.[/QUOTE]
You right.... They dont pull babies out of Microwaves that dad put in cuz he couldnt get her to shut up or take your boyfriend to jail for beating the shit out of you so they could get away with traffic tickets..... They do it to do the job that others didnt want to do.....They do it because if they didnt, who would want too??? So, in my opinion, LEO's feel free to use the carpool lane all you want.....If that is the price I have to pay so that I know when Jessi picks up 911 at night someone will answer, so be it.......and Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Yep, enough said... well put!

mirvin
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
The cops arent' the problem......THE CARPOOL LANES are!! Get rid of those things and let the traffic flow!!
mirvin :supp:

Lake Ape
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I always seem them without their focking seatbelts on! I hope they go through the windshield! :mad:

ROZ
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
The cops arent' the problem......THE CARPOOL LANES are!! Get rid of those things and let the traffic flow!!
mirvin :supp:
you listen to John and Ken on am640 kfi?

OGShocker
04-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey OG...get a couple of blow ups..sit em next to you..and you can travel over there as well... :D :D
I tried that, but I got pulled over after her face fell in my lap. HONEST it FELL!!! :messedup:

Newcastle
04-26-2005, 11:46 PM
I tried that, but I got pulled over after her face fell in my lap. HONEST it FELL!!! :messedup:
Too funny...

LAPII
04-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey OG school police are not real police officers!

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 04:14 AM
I always seem them without their focking seatbelts on! I hope they go through the windshield! :mad:
NICE! Really NICE!!! WTF??!!??

OGShocker
04-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Hey OG school police are not real police officers!
Wow! that's funny.
Guy drives a black and white with POLICE on the doors not, I AM NOT A REAL POLICE OFFICER. If it walks like a duck... :idea:

Chase
04-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Oh yeah..you probably encouraged her... :D :D

superdave013
04-27-2005, 06:11 AM
some kid must have been smoking pot in the school parking lot. Kilrtoy was in a hurry to get there and make the bust. Give him a break for once.

MagicMtnDan
04-27-2005, 06:23 AM
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~testmart/Funny/pictures/asshole.jpg

OGShocker
04-27-2005, 06:24 AM
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~testmart/Funny/pictures/asshole.jpg
Ed Zackery!

Wicky
04-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Is it possible they are patrolling the lane for people not carpooling?
Brilliant!!!!

Scream
04-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Just my opinion, but if those folks are putting thier life on the line for me on a daily basis, I'll not let these little trespasses get me down. It's a perk of the job, and in a job that has limited perks, I'd say it's ok by me.
Pass on by occifer...
Scream

Wicky
04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
STFU, DICK. You're from Idaho, WTF do you know about driving? Don't you imbiciles still share a one lane road where you have to pull off to the side and let someone pass? Just go back to whatever barnyard animal you were humping and let the grownups talk.
You're even smarter than you realize!!!!

Wicky
04-27-2005, 06:46 AM
STFU, DICK. You're from Idaho, WTF do you know about driving? Don't you imbiciles still share a one lane road where you have to pull off to the side and let someone pass? Just go back to whatever barnyard animal you were humping and let the grownups talk.
If I didn't know any better I'd say you have POOPY pants!!!!lmao!!!

Wicky
04-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Oh, I forgot to answer your ever so intellectually stimulating rhetorical questions.
I don't know how to drive. I don't own a car anyway. My John Deere rocks though!!
Yes, we imbiciles still share a one lane road and all of our sisters as well. Remember, we "Idahoans," all have the same DNA.
OK, I will go back to humping the barnyard animals. We prefer sheep btw.
ANd sheep are liars!
Under your thumb,
Wicky

Wicky
04-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Are you really "laughing your ass off?" Why? That wasn't even funny. You're really not funny at all. I've never read a single thing you've ever posted and thought "Wow, that was really funny."
STill laughing!!!!

Speedin' Ian
04-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Come on guys, like one or two cops cruising down the carpool lane is going to make any difference. And to answer your question about cops not wearing seatbelts, I think most don't wear them incase they need to get out of there car quiclkly, if someone was to start shooting at them that car becomes a coffin

Wicky
04-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Those were actually rhetorical questions, meant to point out that you're a bumpkin. :rolleyes:
Duhhhhhhhhhh, what's a rhetorical question?
And uh, uhhhhh, what's a bumpkin?
Uhhhhhh, haha, uhhhhhh, would you like to supersize that?
You're so smart and use such big words SB, I just can't stand it.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-27-2005, 07:22 AM
And to answer your question about cops not wearing seatbelts, I think most don't wear them incase they need to get out of there car quiclkly, if someone was to start shooting at them that car becomes a coffin
You would be correct.

BiggusJimbus
04-27-2005, 07:36 AM
So, let me get this straight...
You think it's a good idea to pay these guys to sit in traffic rather than do their jobs?
Good thinking.

4day!!
04-27-2005, 07:50 AM
You think it's a good idea to pay these guys to sit in traffic rather than do their jobs?
Good thinking.
nuff said

Wicky
04-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Good thinking.
How do you know if they've clocked in yet or not?? I'd say if they are on the clock it's all good but, if it's late and they are in a hurry to not be late to work...that's not fair.

hotlavey
04-27-2005, 08:30 AM
You sir are an idiot!

Little Wood Boat
04-27-2005, 09:28 AM
COPS are nobody when they're off duty. They just think they are important all the time. The way I see it, they barely respect each other let alone another Dept. Why should any of us respect them at all? Oh, because the gov't position them so they may attempt to intimidate for the smallest things. In the case of them driving when and where they want...who's going to stop them? Their boss who does the same thing when he wants? BS A bunch of highly trained "microwave baby pulling" experts, can you really learn all that in a 6 month academy? Obviously they have an exceptional training program. Or is it just a special talent only a few inately possess? If the state of Ca had more realistic gun laws there would be alot less cops and and alot more coroners driving alone in the HOV lanes.
BTW....CHP listen up...It's either THE TICKET or THE LECTURE! NOT BOTH!

THATJEFFGUY
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
How do you know they're cops..if they're in UNMARKED cars ? :confused:

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 09:49 AM
I suspect this picture has something to do with Mr Lake Ape's obvious distaste for those of use who have to deal with the shit side of life every day! As Hotlavey said, you sir are an IDIOT! As far as Wood Boat goes...I hope the time you have to dial 9-1-1 because some put-up parolee piece of shit is breech-loading your wife/girlfriend/kid, that the officer responding takes his sweet time and stays out of the carpool lane. Then what will you have to say? You'll be on here bitching the other side of the coin! MORON! You have no idea what those guys are doing in that lane and what they are responding to. Are they Narcs following someone? Are they detectives responding to a triple murder? Are they collision reconstructionists responding to reconstruct the collision that your son Billy was just killed in by a DUI driver? Are they sex crimes detectives responding to the scene of a brutal rape of your 13 year old daughter!
The bottom line is if an officer is off-duty and has no legitimate reason to be in the carpool lane other than he/she is late to a family BBQ, you're right...They should be in traffic with everyone else. If they're on duty, get over it! Shit like this really torques me, so I'mm gonna stop now before I flame any worse. :burningm:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/666Cuffed_Stuffed-med.JPG

Newcastle
04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
COPS are nobody when they're off duty. They just think they are important all the time. The way I see it, they barely respect each other let alone another Dept. Why should any of us respect them at all? Oh, because the gov't position them so they may attempt to intimidate for the smallest things. In the case of them driving when and where they want...who's going to stop them? Their boss who does the same thing when he wants? BS A bunch of highly trained "microwave baby pulling" experts, can you really learn all that in a 6 month academy? Obviously they have an exceptional training program. Or is it just a special talent only a few inately possess? If the state of Ca had more realistic gun laws there would be alot less cops and and alot more coroners driving alone in the HOV lanes.
I won't even try and sway your opinion, because obviously you got a ticket and took it a little too personal. Actually, cops are still cops off duty.

Little Wood Boat
04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Are you two guys really cops or just play ones on the computer? Your retorts are overprotective and overreactive regarding your roles in the big picture. How special do you think you are to put this info in your profile? (Garbage man, C'MON) However, I do believe that your name calling and condoning the same do indicate that you clearly believe that you are superior (another class that you must have excelled in at the academy.) Your feelings that my opinion needs swaying or changing or that I or any one else is concerned with your ability to flame, nice job at imtimidating. As for getting a ticket and taking it personally...Hadn't had one in a long time. But yes,I took it personal because that's the way he presented it to me. Who's fault was that? Another fine graduate of that 6 month school.
The fact that you admitted that they should follow the rules on occassion is a good start.
Now address my 2A rights to carry and how dangerous this state would be if the citizens were allowed the freedom they were designed to have.

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Ask anyone on this board who knows me personally and they'll confirm my occupation of 23 years. I never said I was superior to you or anyone else at any time. Those are YOUR words based upon the way one cop handled a traffic ticket Einstein! Every had a really bad waitress at a nice restaurant? Does that mean all waitresses are assholes? I think is is foolish to paint everyone in a particular occupation with a broad brush based upon one or a few bad encounters in your lieftime.
When it comes down to it, two guys standing at a urinal taking a leak are all equal in my eyes. It doesn't matter if you're the Pres of the US or a day laborer, we all work for a living and are equal in the big man's eyes. How you conduct your personal life is what sets each man apart from the other. You know absolutely nothing about me and how I lead my life. In return, other than your obvious contempt for any authority or those who are hired to enforce socitey's laws, I know nothing of your life. Thus, I keep my statments confined to the specific topic at hand, and not drag in vast generalities of another's occupation. Your opinions are yours, and no one can change them but you. Like assholes, we all have opinions, some just don't stink as bad as others do.
As far as your 2A rights...Go get a CCW and carry your pistola to your hearts content! In our "civilized" society that is all that is required to carry a gun. How you use it is up to your common sense. If you use it in an inappropriate manner, the society you live in will be called upon to decide if you were right or wrong. It is our form of "justice" to maintain law and order in our Democratic society.
If that doesn't work for ya, then I encourage you to move to another land where anyone can carry any gun they want. As a rule of thumb, those lands are not civilized societies, largely due to the fact that everyone carrys a gun and thinks they are the king. Pakistan comes to mind.

OGShocker
04-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Good thinking.
I would expect them to leave for work early enough that they could get to work without violating a law that would cost me $271.00. I employee 24 people who are expected to get to work on time in a safe and legal manner.

hotlavey
04-27-2005, 12:19 PM
It sounds like you have a "Little Wood Head" to match your "Little Wood Boat". Watch out for splinters.

OGShocker
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
It sounds like you have a "Little Wooden Head" to match your "Little Wooden Boat". Watch out for splinters.
This LWB sockcucker sounds like AZDON... :supp: :D

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
SWB,
I wa snot trying to come off as superior. This statement was made only to illustrate the point that LWB would likely bitch either way the coin is tossed on this situation. I wouldn't do what I do for a living if I truly felt that way or wished that upon anyone.
As far as the favor, If you're buying a car and the salesman throws in free mats and two tanks of gas, is he not doing you a favor? The same goes for a cop who stops you for speeding and choses to let you go with just a warning. He had you dead to rights and is truly doing you a favor by giving you a warning.

Little Wood Boat
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
OGS, I've never liked much about you by reading your posts here. So by calling names like "sockcucker" and refering to my as AZ Don...what a douche bag you are. But you know when it comes down to it one day and I actually meet you at the river...I'm sure I'll dislike you in person, too.
Huck. you stupid phuck. That car salesman thing was stupid. Cops aren't there to do favors, you're supposed to work the same for everyone. Why do you suggest the Pakistan thing? There's 30+ states right here in America that have "shall issue" CCW's. Are those some of those uncivilized societies? Again, another failure by a cop to see the obvious, and overstate his own importantce. Protecting America.. sounds a little over reaching. All you do is react to a situation you're not gonna be there when the shit hits the fan...who you trying to BS. In those 10 min. that it takes you to get somewhere, freeway traffic excluded, as some people say "It's over and all that's left now is the paperwork." I'm confident I can take TCOB until the paperwork starts. What do you say, let's keep the name calling going? Work for you?
Hot Lavey, nice comeback. Eloquent, short and to the point...on your head.
How do either one of you expect society to follow rules when you think it's ok for you, or someone you're doing a favor for gets to break them?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
The bottom line is if an officer is off-duty and has no legitimate reason to be in the carpool lane other than he/she is late to a family BBQ, you're right...They should be in traffic with everyone else. If they're on duty, get over it! Shit like this really torques me, so I'mm gonna stop now before I flame any worse. :burningm:
You are right here. I don't have any problem with officers using the carpool lane when they are on duty and going somewhere. However, I disagree with the folks who say they should be entitled to use that lane anytime because it is a perk of their job and they are underpaid. If that is the case, then I think military personel should also get to use it. They also put their lives in danger for me and are underpaid. What about firemen and women? While we're at it, what about teachers? :p they have a valuable job in society, and most would agree they are underpaid also. Where do you draw the line?
Bottom line, their job is to enforce the laws. It's not okay for them to break them to suit their own personal need. Doing that makes degrades their position and respectability.

Lake Ape
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
You sir are an idiot!
No sir, the cop doing 95 MPH without his seatbelt on is the idiot!

Lake Ape
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
I suspect this picture has something to do with Mr Lake Ape's obvious distaste for those of use who have to deal with the shit side of life every day! As Hotlavey said, you sir are an IDIOT! As far as Wood Boat goes...I hope the time you have to dial 9-1-1 because some put-up parolee piece of shit is breech-loading your wife/girlfriend/kid, that the officer responding takes his sweet time and stays out of the carpool lane. Then what will you have to say? You'll be on here bitching the other side of the coin! MORON! You have no idea what those guys are doing in that lane and what they are responding to. Are they Narcs following someone? Are they detectives responding to a triple murder? Are they collision reconstructionists responding to reconstruct the collision that your son Billy was just killed in by a DUI driver? Are they sex crimes detectives responding to the scene of a brutal rape of your 13 year old daughter!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/666Cuffed_Stuffed-med.JPG
Once again, no sir, the cop doing 95 MPH without his seatbelt on is the idiot. I really enjoy seeing some cop sticking halfway out of his windshield after writing a zillion seatbelt tickets to people all day long and not gettin the message himself. BTW smarty pants, I have a perfect driving record and have never been arrested or even cited for anything.
GOOD DAY SIR!

superdave013
04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
When it comes down to it, two guys standing at a urinal taking a leak are all equal in my eyes.
What if it's me and you standing there. You sneek a quick peek and notice that not only I have more length but also more girth. Who's equal now?? :D LMFlippenAO Just kidding
Carry on please

OGShocker
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Yup, I'm an idiot...
Thank you for the confirmation. I thought so, I just wasn't sure til now. :hammer2:

Lake Ape
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the confirmation. I thought I just received the shocker to many times and was losing my mind. :hammer2:
I think your onto something there with that shocker thing!

hotlavey
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM
OGS, I've never liked much about you by reading your posts here. So by calling names like "sockcucker" and refering to my as AZ Don...what a douche bag you are. But you know when it comes down to it one day and I actually meet you at the river...I'm sure I'll dislike you in person, too.
Huck. you stupid phuck. That car salesman thing was stupid. Cops aren't there to do favors, you're supposed to work the same for everyone. Why do you suggest the Pakistan thing? There's 30+ states right here in America that have "shall issue" CCW's. Are those some of those uncivilized societies? Again, another failure by a cop to see the obvious, and overstate his own importantce. Protecting America.. sounds a little over reaching. All you do is react to a situation you're not gonna be there when the shit hits the fan...who you trying to BS. In those 10 min. that it takes you to get somewhere, freeway traffic excluded, as some people say "It's over and all that's left now is the paperwork." I'm confident I can take TCOB until the paperwork starts. What do you say, let's keep the name calling going? Work for you?
Hot Lavey, nice comeback. Eloquent, short and to the point...on your head.
How do either one of you expect society to follow rules when you think it's ok for you, or someone you're doing a favor for gets to break them?
No, actually I typed it sitting down.
So you actually clocked law enforcement at 95 mph,eh? I was just wondering how you could tell the seat belt wasn't on at that speed unless you were right beside them. You must have fantastic eyesight.

Lake Ape
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
No, actually I typed it sitting down.
So you actually clocked law enforcement at 95 mph,eh? I was just wondering how you could tell the seat belt wasn't on at that speed unless you were right beside them. You must have fantastic eyesight.
It doesn't matter how fast the cop was doing, they are idiots if they don't wear thier seatbelts after seeing what they see every day. It's pretty easy to see if the seatbelt is on or not, you just look for the shoulder strap. OBTW, I do have pretty good eyesight, thanks for asking, how's yours?
Cheers! Can someone pass the popcorn?

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Lake Ape and Little Wood Pecker, the two of you are perfect idiots and complete asses. But then again, it takes all types. You are truly not worth the effort to continue this thread and have to listen to you spew your bitter dribble. :hammerhea Go forth in your life, but please do society a favor and do not reproduce!

RP1
04-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Lake Ape and Little Wood Pecker, the two of you are perfect idiots and complete asses. But then again, it takes all types. You are truly not worth the effort to continue this thread and have to listen to you spew your bitter dribble. :hammerhea Go forth in your life, but please do society a favor and do not reproduce!
Come on Huck, its guys like this that keep all those big dollars that public servants make rolling in. :rolleyes: Agreed that the time for reasoning has passed.

hotlavey
04-27-2005, 08:01 PM
It doesn't matter how fast the cop was doing, they are idiots if they don't wear thier seatbelts after seeing what they see every day. It's pretty easy to see if the seatbelt is on or not, you just look for the shoulder strap. OBTW, I do have pretty good eyesight, thanks for asking, how's yours?
Cheers! Can someone pass the popcorn?
Mine's perfect. I can see I'm wasting my time with you. Watch out for termites.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-27-2005, 08:08 PM
boy I see nothing has changed here. :jawdrop: :D

Little Wood Boat
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
I can see that it tears you up that you can't be right all the time. It seems that you demand that the rest of us see things as you do or there's some name calling to be done. You phucking child. You'd have done better not to even post your last comment. Reproduce?, like your genes are superior? FO
BTW, namecaller; is Huckleberry like a cartoon character that was a blue dog that fancied himself a lawman?
Hotlavey, you're a worthless pussy.
Never once seen BoatCop act like this... never seen him write about two guys at a urinal either.

Wicky
04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I believe you're thinking of Quick Draw McGraw.
Shockwave Bob for president!!!

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
is it safe to log off for the night or am I gonna miss anything....

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
f uck off Kilrtoy. :crossx: :)

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 09:14 PM
f uck off Kilrtoy. :crossx: :)
As soon as you CUM over I will....
are you gonna be out this weekend...

Wicky
04-27-2005, 09:15 PM
How's the boat running Kilr?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-27-2005, 09:18 PM
As soon as you CUM over I will....
are you gonna be out this weekend...
LOL!! no Jamie will be. he is on his way right now. :)

Wicky
04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Again, not funny. I know funny and, sir, you are not funny. Not at all.
Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
The more you say the more I'm laughing!!!!
Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

Mrs CP 19
04-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Why do some LEOs in marked and unmarked cars hit the HOV lanes when they are all alone? This LAPD School cop passes me everyday on my way to work :confused:
If he is an LAPD school cop, seems to me he is out of his jurisdiction, not on duty, if using HOV lanes. Isn't that CHP responsibility to patrol? I agree that situation is wrong.

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 09:34 PM
How's the boat running Kilr?
AWESOME......

RiverPirate
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Seem's to me that we all have our own unique perks that come with our jobs or places of employment. I don't hear people bitching about the firemen who get to sleep at night waiting for there next call, or the the guy at In n Out getting his free burgers, or the gut that gets ________ becasue he works at ______. You can fill in the blanks with what ever you like, if you get my drift. Life is not fair, just play the cards you are dealt or keep up your sleeve. Who really gives a shi-t what they are doing in the HOV lane, probably their job. I know what perks come with my job and I know they are probably different from yours. Life is too short to worry about who's in the HOV lane. I'm going to Havasu this weekend, now that is something WE CAN ALL AGREE WITH. :D

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Seem's to me that we all have our own unique perks that come with our jobs or places of employment. I don't hear people bitching about the firemen who get to sleep at night waiting for there next call, or the the guy at In n Out getting his free burgers, or the gut that gets ________ becasue he works at ______. You can fill in the blanks with what ever you like, if you get my drift. Life is not fair, just play the cards you are dealt or keep up your sleeve. Who really gives a shi-t what they are doing in the HOV lane, probably their job. I know what perks come with my job and I know they are probably different from yours. Life is too short to worry about who's in the HOV lane. I'm going to Havasu this weekend, now that is something WE CAN ALL AGREE WITH. :D
SO TRUE
The guy who works in real estate and doesnt get charged the thousands of dollars in BS fees, the guy at the car dealership that pays thousands less than you and doesnt have to haggle for 5 hours to get it...
great post RP

Tom Brown
04-27-2005, 09:54 PM
How many murders per year does the perk package include?

hotlavey
04-28-2005, 07:34 AM
I can see that it tears you up that you can't be right all the time. It seems that you demand that the rest of us see things as you do or there's some name calling to be done. You phucking child. You'd have done better not to even post your last comment. Reproduce?, like your genes are superior? FO
BTW, namecaller; is Huckleberry like a cartoon character that was a blue dog that fancied himself a lawman?
Hotlavey, you're a worthless pussy.
Never once seen BoatCop act like this... never seen him write about two guys at a urinal either.
Carefull there LWB, your IQ is showing(again).

phebus
04-28-2005, 07:51 AM
It's amazing how as this thread expands, how the idiots seperate themselves from the people with real insight. Like oil and vinegar.
I have more respect for some, and no respect for others. No names need be mentioned.

Lake Ape
04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
If you guys can't see what I was trying to say here then you're the idiot! I just think it's a little bit ironic and stupid that cops don't wear seatbelts after everything they see every day on the job. Yes, I said I hope they go through the windshield, have you ever heard of sarcasm.
Huckleberry and Hotlavey you guys are the smart ones around here!
(FOR ALL OF YOU WHO COULD NOT TELL THAT WAS SARCASM AT ITS BEST)
I will try to point out when I use sarcasm around here since at least two of you are two stupid to know it when they see it..

OGShocker
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
How many murders per year does the perk package include?
Tom brings up a point.
An In n Out guy's free burgers are a perk. LEO driving alone, NOT on a call or chasing some dumbass car thief on Fox 11 News, in the HOV is illegal. Violating laws no matter how small are still just that a violation of laws not a "perk of the job".
Now, three pages on this and here is the rest of my story. It is my opinion the State, County and City governments have turned the people into Police haters ( I AM NOT ONE) by making some police into TAX COLLECTORS. Everyone from the street dept., to the courts gets a piece of every dollar generated from traffic law violators. See it as a "SIN TAX" much like taxes on smokes and booze. It is not about safety only. The LEO's know they are targets for the middle finger or worse or they would be flying Police Helmet Stickers on every vehical they own as Fire Fighters do. This can also be illistrated by that funny little feeling we ALL get in our stomachs when a black&white pulls up behind us. Wondering if towing your boat at 60MPH might just get you a coupon from the State. I think it sucks that people who are proud of the fine job they do for us cannot show that pride or even talk about it openly. I have a friend in the boating crowd that told me once," if people knew what I do for a living, things would be different at the sandbar for me". That is is just wrong, I understand it, it just bums me out.
I will complete my posting to this thread by saying I am a huge supporter of Law Enforcement. I have or have had friends in departments all over the states of California, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, New York and New Jersey. I really don't give a rats ass about the HOV deal as much as I care about the perception of I can do this and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it mentality. To all the LEO's here, I thank you for the job y'all do everyday.
OGS....out

Newcastle
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Tom brings up a point.
An In n Out guy's free burgers are a perk. LEO driving alone, NOT on a call or chasing some dumbass car thief on Fox 11 News, in the HOV is illegal. Violating laws no matter how small are still just that a violation of laws not a "perk of the job".
Now, three pages on this and here is the rest of my story. It is my opinion the State, County and City governments have turned the people into Police haters ( I AM NOT ONE) by making some police into TAX COLLECTORS. Everyone from the street dept., to the courts gets a piece of every dollar generated from traffic law violators. See it as a "SIN TAX" much like taxes on smokes and booze. It is not about safety only. The LEO's know they are targets for the middle finger or worse or they would be flying Police Helmet Stickers on every vehical they own as Fire Fighters do. This can also be illistrated by that funny little feeling we ALL get in our stomachs when a black&white pulls up behind us. Wondering if towing your boat at 60MPH might just get you a coupon from the State. I think it sucks that people who are proud of the fine job they do for us cannot show that pride or even talk about it openly. I have a friend in the boating crowd that told me once," if people knew what I do for a living, things would be different at the sandbar for me". That is is just wrong, I understand it, it just bums me out.
I will complete my posting to this thread by saying I am a huge supporter of Law Enforcement. I have or have had friends in departments all over the states of California, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, New York and New Jersey. I really don't give a rats ass about the HOV deal as much as I care about the perception of I can do this and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it mentality. To all the LEO's here, I thank you for the job y'all do everyday.
OGS....out
Good post...and I second that about your friend. I know people who are the same way. Just doesn't seem right when you're proud of your job, yet can't actually tell people what you do because who knows what it could bring. I agree on the bigger picture. Driving in the carpool lane, big deal. And I guarantee there are some dept's that will cite another cop for it.

mirvin
04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
So I'm driving down the 405 yesterday just past LAX. I notice a brown Crown Vic driving in the carpool lane without any passengers. I also notice there is very light traffic. As I'm aproaching I notice he's on the phone. Suddenly, without a signal, he cuts across the double yellow into my lane. I had to swerve to avoid him. I get up next to him with my arm out the window trying to give him a piece of my mind. He puts his phone down, rolls the window down and flips out his badge.............I'm not going to say what I said to him via sign language.
That's all I have to say.
mirvin

hotlavey
04-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Careful has one L now.
I guess I displayed my IQ then. Damn, I hate it when I do that.

BoatPI
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
More officers die yearly from traffic collisions than gunshots to the bod.