PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealers/Finance guys.....question

Chromegorilla
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
OK, heres the story.
Friend buys new truck. 2005 Harley F250. Last week he trades in his Dodge hemi pickup and signs the papers and leaves with his new truck. Dealer contacts him this weelsaying they f'd up and need him to come sign new paper work. They wrote his loan up for 4.9% through Ford Motor Credit. Everything is signed by both parties and been done for a week now. Finance guy at dealer says he f'd up cuz the 4.9 rate was being offered on king ranches and not for Harley F250's. The Harley rate was 6.something, and he wants my friend to come back in and sign new papers for the increased % rate. Dealer is somehwere in GA and my friend lives in Naples FL
So the question is does my friend have the dealer by the short and curlies? Sounds like they don't want to eat their mistake and want to pawn it off on my buddy.
What are your thoughts?

racecar.hotshoe
04-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Tell them to come get the truck then see what happens!................. :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
04-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Tell them to come get the truck then see what happens!................. :D
Yea, what he said.

slingingsmoke
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM
tell your buddy not to take their BS.
They just want to make $$$ on an already overpriced truck.
lets just say if your buddie Effed up, do you think theat the dealer/Stealer is going to bend over backwards for him.
I don't thinks so!
Tell him to keep it the way it is.
And if they want to mess with him, have his lawyer take it up with the dealer.
JON

Chico&Zeus
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
My wife worked as a manager for Chrysler Financial, and now is the Regional Manager for Wells Fargo's Automotive Finance Dept....I'll call her and ask, but I think she's gonna say that the dealership is screwed...once you sign a contract, it's usually a done deal. If you bought a car today and tomorrow they give a $10,000 factory rebate, you'd get screwed the same way!

redi4fun
04-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Tell your buddy to call the dealership back and tell them he will return the truck as soon as he gets back from his 1 month cross country tour in his new truck. :D

CARGUY
04-26-2005, 03:13 PM
The dealer has 2 choices get the deal down as written, or take the vehicle back--period. I am in the business and when the dealer sells a vehicle and has a signed contract, the dealer has to get the deal done at the terms(rate, length of term, sale price)written on the contract or unwind the deal.
Now your buddy can refuse to sign the new deal unless the pymt stays the same even at the higher rate(make the dealer absorb the diff for the mistake), but he is not required to do so.
Hope this helps.

Chromegorilla
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I was just curious.

HCS
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Even if he likes the truck. Tell them your gunna roll it back! Like said above, call their bluff.

Mrs.charitycase
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I work in the finance dept at an ATV dealership. I have made the mistake of miss quoting finance rates before... BUT you don't find out after the customer leaves. We have to authorize the sale on line and if we pick the wrong finance rate, it won't go through. It's basically idiot proof. I think someone got lazy and didn't process the paperwork before their customer left. :idea:

repo man
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
i'm going through this as we speak, i bought a yamaha rhino and signed a contract for 3.9% for 24 months. they told me it went through no problem so i left. when my brother went to pick it up as i had to get to work they tricked him into signing a contract for 17.99% and didn't tell me. the contract the leen holder has has my info with my brothers signature. so i refuse to pay it . and the dealer nor the lender will do anything for me. i told them to take me to court. but it's thrashing my credit. what do i do?

Chromegorilla
04-26-2005, 04:20 PM
i'm going through this as we speak, i bought a yamaha rhino and signed a contract for 3.9% for 24 months. they told me it went through no problem so i left. when my brother went to pick it up as i had to get to work they tricked him into signing a contract for 17.99% and didn't tell me. the contract the leen holder has has my info with my brothers signature. so i refuse to pay it . and the dealer nor the lender will do anything for me. i told them to take me to court. but it's thrashing my credit. what do i do?
How can he sign a contract with your name on it? I'd be up their ass with a lawyer quick fast and in a hurry. I don't phuck around. Can't let these mofo's pull this chit.

PHOTOGLOU
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of BAD news but there is a section on the contract (article k) notice of recision rights...... This means that the dealer in good faith is attempting to get the deal bought as written.... IF THEY CAN'T the customer agrees to bring the vehicle back and recieve a FULL refund reguardless of the miles.... If customer refuses the dealer can Repo the truck and charge customer repo and atty fees... Dealer does not want to take the vehicle back because then it is a used vehicle........ try to ask to keep the pmts the same or he will just return the vehicle..... DON'T keep the vehicle from the dealer it will get expensive.... See if he signed the NOTICE OF RECISSION rights on the contract.....

LAVEYSABRE575
04-26-2005, 07:08 PM
repo something kinky about your deal sounds like somebody did some application magic get a copy of your credit app. immediately check the info on it with the sigs at the bottom ....

boxscore
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
QUICK... paint some fugly ass flames across the side.

boxscore
04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Just for $hits and giggles, remind him there is No Damn Cooling Off Period!

repo man
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
How can he sign a contract with your name on it? I'd be up their ass with a lawyer quick fast and in a hurry. I don't phuck around. Can't let these mofo's pull this chit.
any lawyers on the boards that might want to handle this. or should i just wate for them to take me to court?

Jrocket
04-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Seems like your going to have to prove that your brother signed for you on that day.That means your brother will have to go to court and testify that he signed your name on a contract that was bound for you.Looks like a real ugly situation for sure.Wonder if your brother will be in trouble as well for signing your name for you even though they told him he had to sign it.He's still not YOU and not the actuall buyer or signer of the loan.
Anybody?

repo man
04-26-2005, 07:46 PM
no even better he signed his own name not mine he thought it was for the dealer prep that took two and a half hours. that's why i left for work.

Jrocket
04-26-2005, 07:55 PM
no even better he signed his own name not mine he thought it was for the dealer prep that took two and a half hours. that's why i left for work.
Seems like no case there then,he signed his name..he's not you and doesnt have the authorization to sign for you.Not sure though,Im no lawyer.I do know you better take care of this quickly or it will play havoc on your credit and what not.

Raskal
04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
ok now i think i just got f##ked i bought a new truck for the wife last night .i was up side down no biggy it happens so i trade in her car for the new the truck .well they say the would refi my truck and bring payment down and get better intrest on my truck to make room for higher payment on the wife new truck .i tould them i how much i owed on mine and they say like 1000 more then i thought .ok what ever then at the end i get home and find out they got 2500 more on mine then i owed before :cry .well at least my payment is 100 less a month :rollside:

PHOTOGLOU
04-26-2005, 10:26 PM
ok now i think i just got f##ked i bought a new truck for the wife last night .i was up side down no biggy it happens so i trade in her car for the new the truck .well they say the would refi my truck and bring payment down and get better intrest on my truck to make room for higher payment on the wife new truck .i tould them i how much i owed on mine and they say like 1000 more then i thought .ok what ever then at the end i get home and find out they got 2500 more on mine then i owed before :cry .well at least my payment is 100 less a month :rollside:
Plus you had to pay tax again right

Raskal
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
yah
my bad i called the guy today and he said the differnce would be mailed back to me /?? will see