PDA

View Full Version : One week left......

roostwear
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Hopefully everyone is getting their rides done. FC5 is one week away, and I thought I'd remind everyone of a couple things.
-Make sure you have all the required safety equipment
-Double check your reservations if you're staying at a hotel
-There are a few BBQs at the state park, so if you're cookin', bring charcoal and fluid
-Make sure the chairs and EZ ups are packed.... looks to be in the 90s during the day, and shade is a good thing.
-Keep a copy of the registration in your boat
-Gas up before you get to the park. Gassing up on the beach is not allowed.
We're going to have company at the park, so be courteous, and drink in moderation. Shirts will be available Friday afternoon if you get there a day early, or all day Saturday. T's are $10, and chick's shirt are $15.
See you there!

Keyser
04-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm getting excited!!!(not that way Brooski!) :) :rollside:

Big Kahunaa
04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Dam i have alot of work to do

robk
04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Damn... still waiting for the correct wear ring to be shipped to me... Hope I can make it!
Rob

78Southwind
04-26-2006, 02:55 PM
T's are $10, and chick's shirt are $15.
See you there!
How about putting up the shirt logo/slogan. Some may get a kick out of it. Save me a XL and a S.

roostwear
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM
You get the boat done yet? Time's a wastin' ya know.
http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/fc/fc5.jpg

rivertard
04-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Dam i have alot of work to do
I have to put my motor together this weekend. now thats alot of work.but Ill make the FC5.Us old guys just dont know when to Quit. :) (rivertard).

78Southwind
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Final test should be this weekend. Are you taking her out before FC5?

rivertard
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
hopefuly break in cam sunday morning in front yard.If it runs good here it will run good at the river. :rollside: Jerry keep your fingers crossed for me.(rivertard).

bradbigsley
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
hopefuly break in cam sunday morning in front yard.If it runs good here it will run good at the river. :rollside: Jerry keep your fingers crossed for me.(rivertard).
new cam huh rivertard? what else did you do? bottom end, hopefully. spill the beans about the big bad ford.. im picking up my shortblock tommorrow.. dont worry though, just a minor upgrade.. :rollside:

Keyser
04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
You get the boat done yet? Time's a wastin' ya know.
http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/fc/fc5.jpg
I like that!! Save me a XXL. :p

roostwear
04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
No time. I'll set it up in the driveway and run it on the river.

n8dawg
04-26-2006, 04:55 PM
All the sudden I'm feeling rushed! My diverter comes in on next Wednesday. Going to have to pull an all nighter to get everything ready, but looking forward to it!!!!!! :cry:
Good luck to all! :)

Big Kahunaa
04-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I have to put my motor together this weekend. now thats alot of work.but Ill make the FC5.Us old guys just dont know when to Quit. :) (rivertard).
just finshed redoing the subfloor tonight
spray the liner on the new floor tomarow after work
friday put the motor in
sat/sunday get pump redy for paint mabey some wireing
monday or tuesday drop pump off a jim's house
rest of the week get boat put back together and hope and pray my gauges come in

Brooski
04-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Hopefully get the pump back tomorrow night or Friday. Put'r all back together and test fly at the lake on Sunday. Looks like EVERYONE is cutting it close this year. I just want to spend some time on the water, not on the beach.
Hey Nate, we are leaving at about 1 on Thursday, when you heading out?

rivertard
04-27-2006, 03:17 AM
new cam huh rivertard? what else did you do? bottom end, hopefully. spill the beans about the big bad ford.. im picking up my shortblock tommorrow.. dont worry though, just a minor upgrade.. :rollside:
Brad.hows it going,cam went flat.no motor upgrades. did some pump work . :rollside:Who did your shortblock.(rivertard).

Keyser
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Hopefully get the pump back tomorrow night or Friday. Put'r all back together and test fly at the lake on Sunday. Looks like EVERYONE is cutting it close this year. I just want to spend some time on the water, not on the beach.
Hey Nate, we are leaving at about 1 on Thursday, when you heading out?
NOW IT'S 1:00. YESTERDAY IT WAS 2:00! MAKE UP YOUR MIND DORK!!!
j/k :p

roostwear
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
All the sudden I'm feeling rushed! My diverter comes in on next Wednesday. Going to have to pull an all nighter to get everything ready, but looking forward to it!!!!!! :cry:
Good luck to all! :)
Just all of a sudden NOW?

Brooski
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Forget the diverter Nate. FC is more important. Hey Nate, my pump is in, should finish putting it back together tomorrow night. Looks like a Casitas run around noon. You in?
And Keyser, keep it up and we will be leaving at 12...... :p

Squirtin Thunder
04-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Race truck is done !!! :cool:
We will be racing the Terribles Town 250 this weekend !!! :cool:

Keyser
04-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Forget the diverter Nate. FC is more important. Hey Nate, my pump is in, should finish putting it back together tomorrow night. Looks like a Casitas run around noon. You in?
AM or PM :rollside:
Did you get that pump in or what?!?!?!?!

Brooski
04-28-2006, 06:43 AM
AM or PM :rollside:
Did you get that pump in or what?!?!?!?!
Pump is in, engine goes in tonight. As for the time we are leaving for FC, it will be around 1 or 130 on Thursday. I am unsure about the time for Sunday

roostwear
04-28-2006, 06:59 AM
It's looking like Friday will be shakedown time at Harry's. I'm trying something new this year...... going to pull the engine cover off and set the timing by loading the engine and setting total advance for max rpm. Don't know if it'll work, but it's better than sitting in the driveway trying making vroom vroom noises. :D

Keyser
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
It's looking like Friday will be shakedown time at Harry's. I'm trying something new this year...... going to pull the engine cover off and set the timing by loading the engine and setting total advance for max rpm. Don't know if it'll work, but it's better than sitting in the driveway trying making vroom vroom noises. :D
I like making VROOM VROOM noises :hammer2:

n8dawg
04-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Just picked up the diverter today... C-mon Roger I gotta get a little rooster tail going on too!!
I'll be putting it together this weekend. What day Sat. or Sun?
I gotta bolt the diverter in take it out prob. on sunday and then do a little trailer maintence( pack bearings.)
Glad to see Keyser making it to the river.
So whats the scoop? Plans for friday,saturday,and sunday?
Call me...562-544-8408 so we can all hook up!
Nate

78Southwind
04-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Roger
It looks like you have another number for late night drunk calls. :) :D

Brooski
04-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Just picked up the diverter today... C-mon Roger I gotta get a little rooster tail going on too!!
I'll be putting it together this weekend. What day Sat. or Sun?
I gotta bolt the diverter in take it out prob. on sunday and then do a little trailer maintence( pack bearings.)
Glad to see Keyser making it to the river.
So whats the scoop? Plans for friday,saturday,and sunday?
Call me...562-544-8408 so we can all hook up!
Nate
Not Saturday, I have to work. Looks like Sunday, or maybe Monday. Tonight the engine goes in.

Brooski
04-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Roger
It looks like you have another number for late night drunk calls. :) :D
:) :rollside: :) :rollside:

n8dawg
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah. We're leaving thursday night around 4 or 5, whenever Michelle can get off work! We'll be staying at the Ramada. Gotta run bolting on the place diverter... :)
and no late night drunk calls either buddy! :rolleyes:

BadBahner
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah. We're leaving thursday night around 4 or 5, whenever Michelle can get off work! We'll be staying at the Ramada. Gotta run bolting on the place diverter... :)
and no late night drunk calls either buddy! :rolleyes:
My boat is done and already out there. See ya guys next weekend.
Eric

roostwear
04-29-2006, 06:59 AM
My boat is done and already out there. See ya guys next weekend.
Eric
No need to rub it in! Today is D-day for me. The whole weekend devoted only to finish reassembly and fire the engine. I'll tell ya one thing... if another tour bus hits my boat, I WILL kick their ass this time!

Wally_Gator
04-29-2006, 11:23 AM
So,
Does anyone think I can sand, shoot clear gel, re-rig my boat and launch it by next weekend?
I seriously doubt it.. I just finished spraying the gel last night.
At least the motor is still it it... (covered well)

victorfb
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
So,
Does anyone think I can sand, shoot clear gel, re-rig my boat and launch it by next weekend?
no problem. getter done!!!!!!! :)

NELSON#109
04-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Wont Get To Enjoy The Sun W/ You All This Time.... Spent All My Spare Time Making Sure Brooskie Got To Go Play... It's All Good. He Has A Few Surprises In Store... Anyone Wanna Know All The Stuff About Rogers New Pump That I Havent Told Him About!!!! I Was Gonna Re-stamp His Pump Id Tag And Give It To Him Later, But I Figured I Would See If Anything Works 1st.... If It Falls On It's Face, I Can Play Stupid.... Found An Impelor Key In The Washing Machine Today, Hope I Didnt Forget To Instal His... Hope That Engine Holds Togather, Its Gonna Sing!!!!! It's Great Expierementing With Others Goods... Brooskie, So Unexpecting.... That Turd May Have Lost Some Poop, We'll See. This Should Stress Him A Bit.

Brooski
04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Wont Get To Enjoy The Sun W/ You All This Time.... Spent All My Spare Time Making Sure Brooskie Got To Go Play... It's All Good. He Has A Few Surprises In Store... Anyone Wanna Know All The Stuff About Rogers New Pump That I Havent Told Him About!!!! I Was Gonna Re-stamp His Pump Id Tag And Give It To Him Later, But I Figured I Would See If Anything Works 1st.... If It Falls On It's Face, I Can Play Stupid.... Found An Impelor Key In The Washing Machine Today, Hope I Didnt Forget To Instal His... Hope That Engine Holds Togather, Its Gonna Sing!!!!! It's Great Expierementing With Others Goods... Brooskie, So Unexpecting.... That Turd May Have Lost Some Poop, We'll See. This Should Stress Him A Bit.
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :) :) :)

roostwear
04-29-2006, 12:17 PM
So,
If you're campin on the 'puter, it won't happen!

roostwear
04-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Btw, IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, back out to start detailing.

Brooski
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
What, you dont follow your own advice?
Git back to workin on yer boat and git off the puter!!!

Wally_Gator
04-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Believe it or not, I was at work...
Besides, gotta let the stuff set up before I can sand it...

Keyser
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
What, you dont follow your own advice?
Git back to workin on yer boat and git off the puter!!!
Hey aren't you supposed to be working!!!!

roostwear
04-29-2006, 06:00 PM
It's fired, checked out, adjusted, detailed, and even had time to make a couple billet looking brackets for the engine cover. Get with it Roger!

Brooski
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
It's fired, checked out, adjusted, detailed, and even had time to make a couple billet looking brackets for the engine cover. Get with it Roger!
DONE!!!!
Lake test tomorrow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1818100_1819.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1818100_1821.JPG
:D

78Southwind
04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
You got a purrdy mouth I mean pump.
Lake tested today at Smellsomemore. Seems to ride and handle a lot better. Didn’t have a GPS with me but she ran a consistent 5100 RPM’s with a detailed A.

Brooski
04-29-2006, 09:22 PM
You got a purrdy mouth I mean pump.
Lake tested today at Smellsomemore. Seems to ride and handle a lot better. Didn’t have a GPS with me but she ran a consistent 5100 RPM’s with a detailed A.
Thats awesome Jerry. Glad to hear you are all set for the season. Hope mine does just as good tomorrow, cept I am running a Cockswell special. A big unknown...... :crossx:

78Southwind
04-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Roger
Who makes that nozzle?

beerjet
04-30-2006, 09:14 AM
So,
Sure . I've dropped in a motor and hooked it up and fired , and assesmbled a pump and installed it and gone to the lake the next morning. (6:00pm-12:00am). Anything is possible with enough friends and coronas . As for the quality of it all . :idea:

Wally_Gator
04-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Sure . I've dropped in a motor and hooked it up and fired , and assesmbled a pump and installed it and gone to the lake the next morning. (6:00pm-12:00am). Anything is possible with enough friends and coronas . As for the quality of it all . :idea:
Pump and interior is easy... Motor is still in the boat, It is the clear coat that I want to have done. I could put her together with the orange peel and run it.
But once it is together, it may not come apart until winter....
With the kids and all, just not in the cards at this time..
Off to sand sand sand away...

Brooski
04-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Roger
Who makes that nozzle?
Place Diverter. Its the early(old) style low profile model. Heck, it is so old it was before they put a nozzle seal in them.
Ran it today. After sealing a leak we found, it ran good, 5200 consistent. Didnt match my previous mph, but it was cold, damp, and I am running old fuel, so who knows. Much more responsive. Definitely cannot stab the throttle if pulling a skier, you would rip their arms off..... :p
Did lose a few things out the boat during the speed runs: the back seat cushion, a towel, and Nelson's cap. Recovered the seat and hat, couldnt find the towel.
Found out I will be buying a battery tomorrow..... :rolleyes:
Laughlin, here we come. :rollside:

AzMandella
04-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Great to hear it!!! :D Guess I'll be seeing you out there.Gotta makit three more days of work and the following morning I'll be outa here!!!! :cool:

roostwear
04-30-2006, 07:14 PM
The only thing left is set the timing, and that'll be on Friday. Everything else is good to go. Pump's shiny again too! I'll have an announcement about FC6 on Saturday also. If you're not there, you'll have to hear about it second hand......

rivertard
04-30-2006, 07:22 PM
The only thing left is set the timing, and that'll be on Friday. Everything else is good to go. Pump's shiny again too! I'll have an announcement about FC6 on Saturday also. If you're not there, you'll have to hear about it second hand......
Mike is that the right or left hand.(rivertard).Ill see you guys at the river thur morn.with the boat. :rollside:

SHIFTY
04-30-2006, 07:24 PM
DONE!!!!
Lake test tomorrow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1818100_1819.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1818100_1821.JPG
:D
YOUR SCOOP IS ON BACKWARDS...

roostwear
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Mike is that the right or left hand.(rivertard).Ill see you guys at the river thur morn.with the boat. :rollside:
We'll be there late Thursday night, so save some water for Friday.
As far as missing the announcement, you won't have to worry about it, now will you?

roostwear
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Actually, according to CG regs it isn't......

Danhercules
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Are there any plans on running down to the sandbar?
I will be in Havi for the weekend fishing with the Father-in-law. I am taking the new to me deck boat out too. I wanna head up river. dont know how far I will make it.

Nucking futs
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Did'nt make the time line...... Engine won't be done. Maybe if all goes good, I will be installing it while all of you At the river. Bummer, Im So burned out on these Never ending Boat Projects. But its getting real close finally.Lots of changes. :rolleyes:
Its going to be a blast out there, HAve fun, be safe !
Tim

Brooski
04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Nope, the scoop is correct. The engine and hull are backwards :crossx: :crossx:

Squirtin Thunder
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Nope, the scoop is correct. The engine and hull are backwards :crossx: :crossx:
Those damn Southwinds and Chevy's

RUSSO
05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I Think We Are Headin Out Friday Night..hope To See Ya There..

beerjet
05-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Believe it or not i just now nailed down a room at the colorado belle and got driving directions . Aiming for friday morning and really hope I make it to the right spot.
-beerjet-
Also suckered a buddy into goin friday after work.

Squirtin Thunder
05-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I saw you on the water and heard a few more.
Our door is open if anyone needs a place to stay.

DEL51
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I heard FC5 had a limited group.

Brooski
05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I heard FC5 had a limited group.
YUP! All of us are limited in some way or another.... :p