PDA

View Full Version : Jello Shot's!

life's a river
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
What are the best kind? Does anybody have any good mix ideas? All input is appreciated!

schmaubba
04-26-2005, 04:48 PM
do search on google for jellow shots....there too many to list.....but i make the raspberry......raspberry jellow and raspberry twisted vodka. some helpfull tips are to chill da vodka first..few hours in da freeze is good and use some ice in the water after you put the jellow mix in. drinkstreet.com has alot of choices for shots.

slowinhavasuskid
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
we do lots of different flavors with vodka ( grape, lime, watermelon, etc) But my very favorite is pineapple jello with malibu or parrot bay rum!!! Very good!!!

life's a river
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the input. I am going to do a few sample runs. Chilling the booze and the ice cubes is a great idea. Thanks again.
LAR

riverbrat
04-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Watermelon :)

PlyaPlya22
04-26-2005, 05:15 PM
If you go to search and type in jello shots, you'll find a ton of threads! :rollside:

Party Cat
04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Watermelon :)
I wonder who got ya into Watermelon ones http://www.irnoyfb.com/t.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/graemlins/witch.gif

h2oski2fast
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
watermelon w/ Malibu and Vodka.

Caribbean Jet
04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
The best one my wife makes is the lemon martini flavor. She adds real lemon juice just like the her martini's we serve when we're playing pool. One thing you need to think about is what kind of cup your going to use. She started out making them with a paper cup that was too tall and that was a pain. She also tried the short plastic cups, they were ok, but we finally found the short paper cups that you can tear and then suck the jello shot out.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
my favorite what I make is.
1 large box of orange jello.
1/2 cup of peach schnapps
1/4 cup vodka of your choice
1/2 cup water.
very very good . instant fuzzy navel . :crossx:

Holland
04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Cherry Jello and everclear... very effective!

Mardonzi
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
we do lots of different flavors with vodka ( grape, lime, watermelon, etc) But my very favorite is pineapple jello with malibu or parrot bay rum!!! Very good!!!
Pina Coladas!!!
You can make just about any kind of cocktail jello shot if you use a bit of ingenuity. I also like to decrease the water by 25% and then add a package of knox gelatin so they come out as jigglers.. They also seem to hold up better in hotter weather that way.

Holland
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Pina Coladas!!!
You can make just about any kind of cocktail jello shot if you use a bit of ingenuity. I also like to decrease the water by 25% and then add a package of knox gelatin so they come out as jigglers.. They also seem to hold up better in hotter weather that way.
Well its not as much fus as having that crap run down your arm in 105 degree weather when the paper cup tips.... J/K We make 'em like jigglers too..

life's a river
04-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Cherry Jello and everclear... very effective!
And use the left over as FIRE BALLS! Holy Crap those would be strong.
LAR

Tom Brown
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Back in my day...
I used to make it by substituting Vodka for the cold water and making the rest up as normal.
I didn't chill the vodka or do anything of that nature. It took quite a bit longer to set but would set. It was important to use exact quantities. A little extra Vodka and it would never set. I usually used a little bit less.
Anyway, it wasn't particularly difficult. The only thing about it was that it would melt in the sun on a hot day. I think that's normal of all Jello shots, though.
My favorites were:
Cherry / Everclear
Orange / Vodka

Midwest_Miss69
04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Back in my day...
They had jello shots back then? :idea: lol j/k ;) I agree with riverbrat Watermelon are my fave I also like the Cherry ones too. But as long as they're made with Rum which is what I'm usually drinking at the lake.
Color coordinate your jello shots to your favorite team colors ~ The Kansas City Chiefs!! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Fawout/jello.jpg

Tom Brown
04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
They had jello shots back then? :idea:
Indeed. I'd like to point out that was years before WAIS/Mosaic/WWW so we had to pioneer it on our own.
I learned the secret from the guy in my group who was almost cool. My roll in the group was to keep everyone's math and science marks up. Well... that was my roll until they steered me onto Jello shots.

Midwest_Miss69
04-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Indeed. I'd like to point out that was years before WAIS/Mosaic/WWW so we had to pioneer it on our own.
I bet it was fun experimenting though! Sounds like FUN! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. casean
04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Ask Mrs. Sigepmock :D She nocked my ass out one night in Glamis w/ her jello shots :D They were yummy but not the next morning! :D