PDA

View Full Version : what happen to great customer service?

a catered life
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
hello all!!!! its been a while since i was last here but thanks to those who called to check on us. well we did the spring break trip to parker for the first time and the kids were really excited.....me too :D new boat (to us) new carb, just serviced and about to run on a nice piece of water.. :supp: ....so this is where the story goes sour........we checked in to black meadow landings for a tent camp site nice looking area, not too full looks really cool.....i ask the guy at the front desk does he think i will have any problems launching here? he says no...no problem at all :mad: the next morning was georgous as we launched at about 9:00 am headed up to the zoo for the day......as we pull back on to the ramp i was laying on the bow of my boat i felt something funny like a hard knock so i was like wtf? i push the boat off the trailer only to see one of by bunks float by me again i ask WTF? i pull the boat over to a stall, tie her off, and go back to see what happened and find out the my third wheel ahd gone off the end of the ramp ok.... no problem just pull it out slowly right. WRONG a large piece of concrete goes vertically up in my trailer and bends all my supports and breaks off all my bunks. its stuck between my third axle and trailer support rail.....it wont come out..... :frown: now i pissed and the buttholes at the marina are standing around watching this unfold.....finally the staff has to bring over a dam crane to lift my trailer out of the water and at about 7 feet out of the water the huge piece of concrete drops out.......then the butthole owner ask me what did i do.....i dam near crapped on my self......wtf again.......i ask him what kind of ramp is this that has broken pieces of concrete loose at the end of the ramp.........i later find out that its old pieces of the old ramp they left in the water for extra support......$700 (trailer reapirs)and about 24 hours later i return to get my boat out of the water and this stupid a@@ staff gives me a warning ticket and a nasty note for leaving my boat in the water over night with out a pass....... :confused: again wtf everyone at the camp sites knew about the trailer reckage.......with a repair bill in hand i wanted to talk to someone in charge george the so called owner tried to play me for stupid...... :messedup: i explained to him that i think he should at least pay for half of the damage to my trailer his busted a&& ramp caused the damage he had the nerve to offer me free camp sites next time i come.the next time i come..... :confused: yea right.............long story short i'm thinking of taking this butthole to court a family friend (a retired judge) thinks i should...what do fellow hb members think?
the reason why i posted this is because as a fellow boater and a person that deals with customers i understand the importance of a return customer and i guess this butthole doesn't we need to stay away from places that dont offer decent customer service for us i will never recommend black meadows landing to anyone who treasures customer service...if you like rude staff poeple at a expensive camp site then go for it
i wish i could post the pictures.....dam they tell the whole story

cc322
04-27-2005, 04:22 AM
Take him I think you will win

jdf
04-27-2005, 04:40 AM
we are off to see the judge ?????drag him in it's his ramp and knew that it was there

mike37
04-27-2005, 05:02 AM
send them the bill and a 30 day notice to pay it then off to Court I he don't pay

racecar.hotshoe
04-27-2005, 05:48 AM
hello all!!!! its been a while since i was last here but thanks to those who called to check on us. well we did the spring break trip to parker for the first time and the kids were really excited.....me too :D new boat (to us) new carb, just serviced and about to run on a nice piece of water.. :supp: ....so this is where the story goes sour........we checked in to black meadow landings for a tent camp site nice looking area, not too full looks really cool.....i ask the guy at the front desk does he think i will have any problems launching here? he says no...no problem at all :mad: the next morning was georgous as we launched at about 9:00 am headed up to the zoo for the day......as we pull back on to the ramp i was laying on the bow of my boat i felt something funny like a hard knock so i was like wtf? i push the boat off the trailer only to see one of by bunks float by me again i ask WTF? i pull the boat over to a stall, tie her off, and go back to see what happened and find out the my third wheel ahd gone off the end of the ramp ok.... no problem just pull it out slowly right. WRONG a large piece of concrete goes vertically up in my trailer and bends all my supports and breaks off all my bunks. its stuck between my third axle and trailer support rail.....it wont come out..... :frown: now i pissed and the buttholes at the marina are standing around watching this unfold.....finally the staff has to bring over a dam crane to lift my trailer out of the water and at about 7 feet out of the water the huge piece of concrete drops out.......then the butthole owner ask me what did i do.....i dam near crapped on my self......wtf again.......i ask him what kind of ramp is this that has broken pieces of concrete loose at the end of the ramp.........i later find out that its old pieces of the old ramp they left in the water for extra support......$700 (trailer reapirs)and about 24 hours later i return to get my boat out of the water and this stupid a@@ staff gives me a warning ticket and a nasty note for leaving my boat in the water over night with out a pass....... :confused: again wtf everyone at the camp sites knew about the trailer reckage.......with a repair bill in hand i wanted to talk to someone in charge george the so called owner tried to play me for stupid...... :messedup: i explained to him that i think he should at least pay for half of the damage to my trailer his busted a&& ramp caused the damage he had the nerve to offer me free camp sites next time i come.the next time i come..... :confused: yea right.............long story short i'm thinking of taking this butthole to court a family friend (a retired judge) thinks i should...what do fellow hb members think?
the reason why i posted this is because as a fellow boater and a person that deals with customers i understand the importance of a return customer and i guess this butthole doesn't we need to stay away from places that dont offer decent customer service for us i will never recommend black meadows landing to anyone who treasures customer service...if you like rude staff poeple at a expensive camp site then go for it
i wish i could post the pictures.....dam they tell the whole story
That is two things that dont go together Black Meadow Landing and customer service.I to stay there,I just stay away from the staff not easy people to deal with!................... :coffeycup :D

MagicMtnDan
04-27-2005, 06:32 AM
That place has to have all kinds of insurance - insurance that will pay for stuff like customers' trailer repairs. Push 'em to use it and make good. Otherwise get your paperwork, pictures and facts together and go to Small Claims Court.

a catered life
04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
looks like a land slide decision from fellow members :D i will be going to start the process today..........thanks to all for your valued comments..........usually i dont involve the courts in anything but i'm still pissed about this
also it seems to me that i may not be the only person that has issues with the customer service at black meadows :supp:
like my judge friend says "let the lord and the law handle your problems" ;)

Scream
04-27-2005, 06:56 AM
My ex FIL is a judge in San Diego. I'm going to tell you what he always told me. "Son, it costs a lot of money to be right." Ain't worth your time, just don't go back to Black Meadow.
Small Claims shouldn't be that expensive, only time and filing charges (minimal)
Bottom Line, if you feel you're right, give them one more chance to make it right. As suggested send them a copy of the invoice, a demand letter for payment (professional, not personal) and give them 30 days. If you haven't been satisfied by the end of the 30 days, file on them. Typically you have to file in the jurisdiction of the incident, so you'll have to go to the court jurisdiction where Black Meadow Landing is. Pay to have them served (minimal) and add that and the court costs to the judgement amount when asked for a $$ amount. Chances are they won't show up and they will pay before the court date. My bet is they'll wait till you file, and only pay when they figure out you're serious about suing.
Scream

H20Advantage
04-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Surprised they didn't try to charge you for the use of the crane if they were sporting that type of attitude. :jawdrop:
I would find out who their insurance company is and file a claim against them then try the small claims route

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Dang that sucks Willie. We have friends that have keep a trailer there for years. They have said numerous times the people there are A-holes. I hope it all works out for you.

JetBoatRich
04-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Willie, I see you gave it a lot of thought :idea: they need to take some responsibility :mad: half seems a fair :supp: of course you are admitting half the guilt by asking for half :idea:

Silver
04-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Hell................everyone stay away from Black Meadows!

a catered life
04-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Surprised they didn't try to charge you for the use of the crane if they were sporting that type of attitude. :jawdrop:
I would find out who their insurance company is and file a claim against them then try the small claims route
lol they did try .......... :jawdrop: the lady from the store was waiting there next to my girl asking for $20 for pull out service :confused: i told her that i wasn't going to pay one cent and i would not need pullout service if the ramp wasn't so fuc***

RiverDave
04-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I don't know... Personally I think I'd file this under "shit happens" and call it a day. With the exception of the shitty note I think that it was probably just an accident. I guess that's why I'm always broke though, is becuase I just pay for things like this instead of try to get my money back.
RD

racecar.hotshoe
04-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Hell................everyone stay away from Black Meadows!
Its not that easy to find somewhere else to go.That has 6 mo spaces!

Squirtin Thunder
04-27-2005, 08:20 AM
All I can say is Mike at Rex Marine is the shit !!! I have gotten the best service from him out of all the companies that I work with. Parts are always here the day I expect them. Hell last week I got a UPS delivery at 9:30pm. I really don't know what Mike does to get them to get it here or there but Rex Marine sure takes care of there customers !!!

a catered life
04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Is Black Meadow on BLM land? If so, good luck.
whats BLM land?

phebus
04-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Bureau of Land Management= government land

riverroyal
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
i stay there,matter a fact leaving in few hours. The ramp there sucks,the last month the water level was real low,we went 2 times in the last month,both times we couldnt launch,we drove around to havasu springs,pain in the ass! My wife backed me up on the BML ramp,I stood on the back of the boat,I could see the concrete chunks,rebars,everything,she got to the 1st set of wheels on the trailer and I still needed 6 to 10 feet of more ramp.I spend a hour trying to find a good spot on it,there really isnt one. The staff there isnt to bad,depends on who you talk with,I think court will be a waste of time for you,the stress isnt worth it,just dont spend you money there.That really sucks .We leave our trailer there,our first year,next year we are going to wait a month,water levels are just to low for that ramp,and it will never be repaired.Maybe make a deal for some free stays if you want to go back,I think that would be easier than a money fight.If you do come up to the golf coarse,Ill give you some beer!

a catered life
04-28-2005, 09:38 AM
you may be right but i will draft the owner a letter and see if he wants to be a good sport about it.....your right about the ramp and water level i got pictures of the ramp and you can see 6-7 pieces of concrete at the end of the ramp

riverroyal
04-28-2005, 09:43 AM
I think they will make some kinda deal,the place is real fun I think,its great for kids,kinda mellow

OGShocker
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
My aunt and uncle have stay winters at BML for 10+ years. The people there have just flat gone to S**T in their humble opinion.

JBmagic
04-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Where do I begin?... :idea:

Mrs Luvnlife
04-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Dang Willie, I just saw this. Sorry for your troubles! We have heard alot of bad things about BML, but we've never had any problems with them. We go for a week every year and bring the g-cart and cruise all over the place (no leisurely cruising, they say) and we've never been told anything. We love to party...we just keep it on the down low and have a great time right smack on the water. Last year we had them launch and retrieve our boat for us (kinda hard with the MOHO), the year before I remember when Cale launched me....the ramp was real bad at that time, I was kinda hesitant on launching. Anyway, I know your situation is different and good luck to you if you choose to pursue it further!

voodoomedman
04-28-2005, 05:58 PM
He doesn't do anything to make us get it there. We have guarantees and we do our best to stick to em. We have til 11:59 at night and it is still there on the day promised. During Christmas guys will be out there very late. There are of course some jerky drivers who think UPS owes them the world but most of them are appreciative of what they have and will smile when that big fat check comes on Thursday.
All I can say is Mike at Rex Marine is the shit !!! I have gotten the best service from him out of all the companies that I work with. Parts are always here the day I expect them. Hell last week I got a UPS delivery at 9:30pm. I really don't know what Mike does to get them to get it here or there but Rex Marine sure takes care of there customers !!!

Mrs CP 19
04-28-2005, 06:20 PM
When you registered to stay there, did you sign anything? Hope they don't have some sort of form, name, address, etc that includes a disclaimer. Good luck!

a catered life
04-29-2005, 07:30 AM
good questions as i was thinking the same thing so i contated them and ask them to send me a copy of everything i signed. that was my first step i figure it will be a slow and drawn out process but i got time

Wicky
04-29-2005, 07:34 AM
My ex FIL is a judge in San Diego. I'm going to tell you what he always told me. "Son, it costs a lot of money to be right." Ain't worth your time, just don't go back to Black Meadow.
Once again, BRILLIANT!!!!

Wicky
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Sorry for your mishap ACL!! Dat just sucks!!

a catered life
04-29-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks this will be one fun fight :argue:

JetBoatRich
04-29-2005, 09:53 PM
thanks this will be one fun fight :argue:
Willie, have some advice for you :notam: tell you when we see you tomorrow :rolleyes:

JBmagic
05-11-2005, 09:07 AM
What's the update? Management come through?; tell you to pound sand?; you tell them to pound sand?... :hammerhea :hammerhea