PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 2001 27' Sabercat Laveycraft

beach gomer
04-27-2005, 05:31 AM
The boat is a 2001 27' sabercat by Laveycraft.Has a 509 w/blower puts out around 900 hp.the boat is blue and yellow in color.The boat most of you may know, it says "LOU DOG".Found out yesterday a friend had to cut the lock off the storage unite because the keys for some reason would not open the lock.They noticed that the lock was drilled out.The boat was stolen within the last two months not sure when.The storage facility he said was in a real shithole area but it was the only place he could find at the time.Either Lou or I will give more info later.The boat was stoloen in Havasu.

WILD LAVEY
04-27-2005, 05:34 AM
sorry to hear that. man, i hate theives. :mad:

RiverToysJas
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
That sucks!!! Do you have a photo of the boat?
Havasu is not that big of an area, I don't think neighborhood of the storage place played much part in it. They were going to get it, if they wanted it. That's a big item to find and take on a whim.
What are some of the details of the motor and drive? Check EBAY, ETC..
RTJas

Huckleberry
04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Damn that sucks! Lou had a nice boat!

BoatPI
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
I have the claim and hopefully will have a wanted posted with reward with a link posted by late tomorrow. www.boatman.com

RiverToysJas
04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
I have the claim and hopefully will have a wanted posted with reward with a link posted by late tomorrow. www.boatman.com
Cool! Do most boat thefts from the Southwest go to you?
RTJas :D

JetBoatRich
04-28-2005, 03:22 AM
any update on a picture or additional information :mad:

beach gomer
04-28-2005, 05:30 AM
the only picture is in the boattrader online.Lou doesen't post on here just lurks.He did tell me it was taken from the london bridge storage.No security.

BoatPI
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
We still do not have any good clues on this theft. The boat is out there somewhere! We have a $3,000 REWARD at www.boatman.com (http://www.Boatman.com) The owner is really bummed as the Summer has started. Any info just PM me. Thanks.

Boat Ride
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
The boat is a 2001 27' sabercat by Laveycraft.Has a 509 w/blower puts out around 900 hp.the boat is blue and yellow in color.The boat most of you may know, it says "LOU DOG".Found out yesterday a friend had to cut the lock off the storage unite because the keys for some reason would not open the lock.They noticed that the lock was drilled out.The boat was stolen within the last two months not sure when.The storage facility he said was in a real shithole area but it was the only place he could find at the time.Either Lou or I will give more info later.The boat was stoloen in Havasu.
Put some picture on here so we know what to look for...
Sorry to hear about that...

Outnumbered
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Here it is:
http://www.boatman.com/images/LPeick_stolen.pdf

Bense468
05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
My buddy was telling me about this right after it happened. He is good friends with scott. Good luck man. Always sucks to hear.

BoatPI
08-07-2005, 07:57 PM
This was one the the boats stolen from a locked storage facility.

dmontzsta
08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I dont know whats up with all the stolen boats, really sucks.

advantage21
08-07-2005, 11:06 PM
almost not worth storin it somewhere safer in your yard than at a storage anymore.

Essex29
08-07-2005, 11:08 PM
I take it they never found this one.

BoatPI
08-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Correct. Taken from a locked storage facility.

Charley
08-08-2005, 08:14 AM
this sincerely sux, I feel for the owner :(
I will tell you right now if you can afford to buy a 100k + boat these days it's time to think about a lojack instead of that extra amplifier....After I had a boat stolen 4 years-ish ago I kept my new boat in a locked and alarmed garage in a gated community with a krypto motorcycle lock through the trailer and I still got worried....I have a boat on order right now and I'm gonna drop my manufacturer an email right now asking about lojack. you can bet that if the few that are doing this shit get caught the boat jacking will slow way down.....

hotlavey
08-08-2005, 08:33 AM
I think Lojac is great on cars, but on boats that are placed in storage I wonder how effective it would be. I place mine in storage and its there for 4-5 months over the winter, and at least 3-4 weeks over the summer without me ever checking on it. I think it that period of time, had it been stolen, it would give the scumbags time to locate the Lojac and de-activate it before I ever knew the boat was missing. However, if it had a motion detector to activate it, that would be different. And they would have to have some idea it even had a lojac in order to look for it. Are they self-powered or do they run off the vehicle batterey?

Charley
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
good question and valid points, Im guessing the battery issue could be solved with it's own remore battery, I would hide the unit very well....motion sensor would be great assuming you turned it off when you wanted to use your own boat

islandboy
08-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Reference tracking devices for your boats or whatever toys you want to intall them on. You might want to look into a GPS tracking device.That might be an option....the thing with Lojack, is that you have to be in an area where: 1 area in which you're in is apart of the lojack coverage area, 2, the local police in that area must be trained on the use of the lojack detection system. Lojack is a difficult system to track and it's expensive. With a GPS, you'll get pinpoint accuracy on where your boat is, and you can track it via the internet, cell phone, PDA etc...and you'll get a much better response from the police if you can give them precise locations...just some food for thought. Lou I hope you find your boat.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-08-2005, 03:53 PM
There was a thread on another board recently of a guy in Fl whose brand new Sea Ray was stolen from his yard. They activated teh factory GPS tracker option he had and VOILA! A call to the cops and his dealer told the cops the boat was across town about 12 miles from the owner's home, all in less than about 4 hours if I recall correctly. The HIN matched and they found the reg ##s peeled off in the house trash can.

JetBoatRich
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
They ever find this boat?

Kilrtoy
10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
They ever find this boat?
I see rich is bored....
but a valid question :cool:

JetBoatRich
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I see rich is bored....
but a valid question :cool: