PDA

View Full Version : What is News worthy?

surfer2001
04-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Gotta vent, so I’m making coffee and getting ready for work this morning, Fox news is on the TV showing “live” coverage of a SEA LION rescue. Are you kidding me? A Sea lion rescue, they had choppers orbiting above, commentators covering ever angle of the rescue. This $hit went on and on, over 10 minutes of live coverage. Give me a break what a waist of time and money.

JetBoatRich
04-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Gotta vent, so I’m making coffee and getting ready for work this morning, Fox new is on the TV showing “live” coverage of a SEA LION rescue. Are you kidding me? A Sea lion rescue, they had choppers orbiting above, commentators covering ever angle of the rescue. This $hit went on and on, over 10 minutes of live coverage. Give me a break what a waist of time and money.
slow news day :burningm: sometimes that is a good thing :idea:

mirvin
04-27-2005, 09:03 AM
The problem is that it's NOT NEWS....it's ENTERTAINEMENT. They don't make their descisions based on what's newsworthy, they show stuff that will hopefully keep you glued to the screen :rolleyes:
mirvin ;)

HCS
04-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Lets see. Michael Jackson or Sea Lion. Save the Sea Lion. (f)uck Jackson. :D

moneypit
04-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Gotta vent, so I’m making coffee and getting ready for work this morning, Fox news is on the TV showing “live” coverage of a SEA LION rescue. Are you kidding me? A Sea lion rescue, they had choppers orbiting above, commentators covering ever angle of the rescue. This $hit went on and on, over 10 minutes of live coverage. Give me a break what a waist of time and money.
Wow! Wake up on the wrong side? ;)
I watched the same coverage. That sea lion took off like a cut cat. I hope the focker would of bit one of them.

Krazy K
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
I hardly watch the news anymore because of all the negativty, but I'd rather watch a seal being rescued than "Polly Brown was found in a shallow grave last night..."

spectras only
04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Now this is newsworthy :D . A ferry operator in canada just sold a 2 1/2 min high res video of bigfoot, to a us tv station .Stay tuned :rollside:

HCS
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Now this is newsworthy :D . A ferry operator in canada just sold a 2 1/2 HR video of bigfoot, to a us tv station .Stay tuned :rollside:
We all know Big Foot is really Tom Brown in a costume.

MudPumper
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Gee, there are way better news stories to show like how many people got blown up in Iraq, the guy that got shot and killed on the freeway last night, the kid who killed 10 of his classmates, the girl that was abducted, raped and burried alive, the drunk driver who plowed into a family of 5, where do you want me to stop????? Do you not notice how negative ALL the stories on the nightly news are??? What about the GOOD things that are being done in the world, like rescuing a helpless sealion. I'd much rather see a sea lion getting rescued than an update on Michael Jackson, Robert Blake, OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson, etc.etc.etc. if you wanna talk about a waste of time and money. You can't let your kids watch the evening news anymore without them asking a million questions about why the world is so f ucked up. Who would have thought we would live in a world where the News is to violent and messed up to expose children to??? Just my little vent for the day. All I'm trying to say is the News needs to show more positive uplifting stories about the good of man. :idea: ;) but those stories don't get ratings which equals $$$$$$$.

AzLakeLizard
04-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Lets see. Michael Jackson or Sea Lion. Save the Sea Lion. (f)uck Jackson. :D
I couldn't agree more! There are days where some uplifting fun stuff is a wonderful break from the Horrors that are out there!

surfer2001
04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Wow! Wake up on the wrong side? ;)
I watched the same coverage. That sea lion took off like a cut cat. I hope the focker would of bit one of them.
Yep, I did sorry bout that. everybodys comments ring true. the news sucks most of the time.