PDA

View Full Version : What is the cleaner for wiping down the boat?

MsGHTRIM
04-27-2005, 12:41 PM
There was someone on here that posted a cleaner for wiping down the boat. Or what do you suggest is the best? :idea: :rollside:

djunkie
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Tobtek supposedly has the best stuff. Heard its hard to get though.

NOTALENT
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Good cheap route would me water/vinegar for the exterior once u get off the water...and Mr.Clean Magic Erasure for the interior.

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Contact Warlock25. They have the best. And it even smells good. :D

INSman
04-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Contact Warlock25. They have the best. And it even smells good. :D
I 2nd that on contacting Warlock25 here on the boards or www.attn-to-detail.com I believe. Frenzy Spray wax, best I have used

MsGHTRIM
04-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Good cheap route would me water/vinegar for the exterior once u get off the water...and Mr.Clean Magic Erasure for the interior.
Yea, water/vinegar works fine too. Didn't know if there was anything better. Kachina Ken recommended the Mr. Clean Magic Erasures and they do work great, especially if nail polish rubs off onto the seats.
Thanks for the info. :)

MsGHTRIM
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I 2nd that on contacting Warlock25 here on the boards or www.attn-to-detail.com I believe. Frenzy Spray wax, best I have used
Sounds good. I'll give it a try.

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
These two work great....im sure they can help you wipe something down
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1010008-med.JPG

NOTALENT
04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Kilr, Bro u got a picture for everything!! I love it!!!haha. :D

NOTALENT
04-27-2005, 01:09 PM
It is the best. I have used multiple things in the past...vinegar/water, Warlock25's stuff, etc. Nothing comes close.
Waler/vinegar is of course the cheapest but it strips your wax.
really...I didnt know that...thanks...u learn something new everyday..I guess as long as u wax it regulary it should be fine. :idea:

ClownRoyal
04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
I have spent lots of $ and tried just about everything. Quick Spray Concentrate from Driven is the best I have found bar none. It works in conjunction with Driven Marine Polish. Stuff is awesome and the more coats of Marine Polish the better your boat looks and the easier the water spots come off with Quick Spray.
website (http://www.driventoperfection.com)
Vinegar and water is great but there goes your 2 hours of wax effort.
I have not tried Tobtek. It sounds good.

djunkie
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
It is the best. I have used multiple things in the past...vinegar/water, Warlock25's stuff, etc. Nothing comes close.
Waler/vinegar is of course the cheapest but it strips your wax.
I've been using the Meguairs quick detailer stuff for now until I can get my hand on some of Tobteks stuff. Haven't used his yet but I hear its great.

goneboatin
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Try Shower Power on the water spots, then use the spray on wax between the major waxings. Works great and you don't smell like leaky douche bag afterwards. :yuk:

Chase
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Captain PHAB hull cleaner...good sheit man.......... :2purples:

MsGHTRIM
04-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Wipe somthing down? :idea: :jawdrop: Huh, I'll have to think about that one for awhile. :idea:

Waldo
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Do any of the recommended products remove the yellowish tint form mooring??? My current wax does not.

HOOTER SLED-
04-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I got something for them to wipe down. Can you hook a brutha up Kilr?? :devil: :devil:

svlperry
04-27-2005, 01:25 PM
waldo vinigar and water does

CornWater
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I've been using 3M spray cleaner, works awesome.... The only place I have been able to find it is Wal-Mart..

Waldo
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
waldo vinigar and water does
Not on mine...I use a 50/50 mix of vin/H2o

Waldo
04-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I've been using 3M spray cleaner, works awesome.... The only place I have been able to find it is Wal-Mart..
I use their spray wax and cleaner wax too.

BarryMac
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Tobtek supposedly has the best stuff. Heard its hard to get though.
As soon as he gets this stuff to market no one will be able to touch it, the stuff is insane, easy to use and does not strip the wax that we all work so hard to apply to our floats, don't get me wrong Warlock25 has some great stuff, infact, I use their spray way between regular waxing and their boat wash but for water spot removal Tobtek's is the best and his interior cleaner is equally as good...

djunkie
04-27-2005, 01:55 PM
As soon as he gets this stuff to market no one will be able to touch it, the stuff is insane, easy to use and does not strip the wax that we all work so hard to apply to our floats, don't get me wrong Warlock25 has some great stuff, infact, I use their spray way between regular waxing and their boat wash but for water spot removal Tobtek's is the best and his interior cleaner is equally as good...
Thats what I've heard. Can't wait to get ahold of some.

Cole Trickle
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I have been using Meguiars quick detail to wipe down the boat and Meguiars NXT way for detailing.
Brandin

moneypit
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Tobteks stuff is great. I have it in my boat right now. Prior to using his stuff, I used a spray wax that I got at the Honda Morotcycle shop. Not sure of the name, but it was a blue can and it works really well. It takes off all water spots..

parker1356
04-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I use 50/50 water & vinager & 2 cap fulls of liquid turtle wax. takes off the water spots & waxes too.

desertbird
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Now, Ya'll aren't gonna believe this, but I swear it's true. :eek:
Water is it's own best solvent. When I say that, this is what I mean:
For years I have had a spray bottle on the boat. Before we pull in to the dock, I fill it with whatever water I am floating on, be it Havasu, Mojave, The River in between or Castaic. Then when we pull out, spray down the water spots and they come off with a bath towel (provided you keep a good wax job)
No BULL! But there is a catch, and that is you must use the water you are on. Castaic water won't work on Havasu spots just like tap water wont work on rain spots. Believe it or not. :eek:
How did I come to this conclusion? Always owning a closed bow boat, and being anal about when we parked and having water spots while we float. A damp towel with lake water always did the trick, and I took it to the next level.
Save some $$$$ and use the Meguirs once you get home. This works great in between days on the weekender. :wink:

Magic34
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Dri Wash 'n Guard Waterless Car Wash everytime before the boat goes out, and a quick wipe down with just water on a towel and no spots.

Chase
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Do any of the recommended products remove the yellowish tint form mooring??? My current wax does not.
Captain PHAB hull cleaner........

Chase
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I can't express how well this stuff works..I wish I could prove to someone else how good this sheit works....it makes a boat look llike brand new..and if there is the yellowish tinge from mooring it is gone....
http://www.captphab.com/HomePageFrame.html

mike37
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Now, Ya'll aren't gonna believe this, but I swear it's true. :eek:
Water is it's own best solvent. When I say that, this is what I mean:
For years I have had a spray bottle on the boat. Before we pull in to the dock, I fill it with whatever water I am floating on, be it Havasu, Mojave, The River in between or Castaic. Then when we pull out, spray down the water spots and they come off with a bath towel (provided you keep a good wax job)
No BULL! But there is a catch, and that is you must use the water you are on. Castaic water won't work on Havasu spots just like tap water wont work on rain spots. Believe it or not. :eek:
How did I come to this conclusion? Always owning a closed bow boat, and being anal about when we parked and having water spots while we float. A damp towel with lake water always did the trick, and I took it to the next level.
Save some $$$$ and use the Meguirs once you get home. This works great in between days on the weekender. :wink:
I second that
also soft water from your tap works great to
but you must maintain your wax every so often or it wont work as well

76elimspecial
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Try ''boat Wax Plus'' By Extreme H20. This Stuff Is Great. Takes Off Baked On Spots And Leaves A Coat Of Wax On. Its The Best For Wiping Down Throughout A Trip. BOATWAXPLUS.COM

76elimspecial
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
WWW.BOATWAXPLUS.COM

Waldo
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I can't express how well this stuff works..I wish I could prove to someone else how good this sheit works....it makes a boat look llike brand new..and if there is the yellowish tinge from mooring it is gone....
http://www.captphab.com/HomePageFrame.html
Thanks Chase!

Kilrtoy
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Wipe somthing down? :idea: :jawdrop: Huh, I'll have to think about that one for awhile. :idea:
Are you done thinking yet :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:

nodigg
04-27-2005, 06:23 PM
I vote DILLIGAF! He always brings the latest expensive good shite and lots of clean towels, energy, but lite and a bottle Captn....... :D