PDA

View Full Version : Broken Leaf Spring

Taylorman
04-26-2006, 12:30 PM
So i drive 800 miles to Austin this weekend. When i turned onto my street one of the leaf springs broke on my trailer. What luck was that. I bought new ones yesterday and changed them last night. Boy that sucked changing them. Not fun getting the nuts off and the old bolts out of a 30 year old trailer.

cfrancis
04-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear you made it home before that happened, How is the boat running with all the upgrades?
I have been folowing the progress on the board and it looks like you have done a great job.
Hope you can make it to Broken Bow or Ouachita for the Taylor event.

robk
04-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Where did you get your leaf springs? The set on my trailer is pretty hammered.
Rob

Taylorman
04-26-2006, 01:17 PM
When is ouchita? I wont make it to ok, that fathers day weekend. I'd really like to go though. I ran the shit out of it this weekend on Lake Travis. Ran good. One little problem is about 6 or 7 times the boat would just shut off. It would crank right back up. The last few times it happened i recranked before the boat got off plain and kept on going. Gotta hunt for that ghost. Everything else it fine.
I bought my leaf springs at a local trailer supply shop. FYI, have an impact and a couple of good floor jacks to change them.

IMPATIENT 1
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
When is ouchita? I wont make it to ok, that fathers day weekend. I'd really like to go though. I ran the shit out of it this weekend on Lake Travis. Ran good. One little problem is about 6 or 7 times the boat would just shut off. It would crank right back up. The last few times it happened i recranked before the boat got off plain and kept on going. Gotta hunt for that ghost. Everything else it fine.
I bought my leaf springs at a local trailer supply shop. FYI, have an impact and a couple of good floor jacks to change them.
QUACHTIA IS IN ARK..BEAUTIFULL LAKE AND VIEWS! I'LL BE THERE FOR A DAY OF THE TAYLOR MEET.WISH YOU COULD MAKE THE BBBII TMAN.

Nucking futs
04-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Check your float levels.Sounds like it running out of gas.....

Taylorman
04-26-2006, 05:46 PM
QUACHTIA IS IN ARK..BEAUTIFULL LAKE AND VIEWS! I'LL BE THERE FOR A DAY OF THE TAYLOR MEET.WISH YOU COULD MAKE THE BBBII TMAN.
I know where it is ive been there last summer. When??????????????

Taylorman
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Check your float levels.Sounds like it running out of gas.....
?????????????????????????????????

IMPATIENT 1
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM
does it die like you killed it or slowlly?

4604me
04-26-2006, 07:10 PM
my boat did that. It was the coil. scared the hell out of me when it died at WOT!!

cfrancis
04-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Taylor boat get together
Lake Ouachita Brady Mountain area August 10-13th.
We are going to be there all week on a family vacation.
All the information is under current events at www.taylorjetboats.com
Should be about 20+ Taylors.
Hope you can make it.
They are on the right track with the float levels, I had the same thing happen before I got them adjusted correctly.

IMPATIENT 1
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Charlie, Get The Bbc Fired Up Yet?how'd It Sound?

Taylorman
04-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I doubt its the floats, it dies like i turn the key off. Cranks right back up. Its electrical somewhere.

IMPATIENT 1
04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I doubt its the floats, it dies like i turn the key off. Cranks right back up. Its electrical somewhere.
WIGGLE THE HEAVY GAUGE BLACK AND RED WIRES GOIN INTO THE MSD BOX.I'VE HAD TO PULL APART SEVERAL MSD BOXES BECAUSE THE GROUND WIRE HAD A BAD CONNECTION AT THE MSD BOARD,JUST HAD TO RESOLDER EM. MINE WAS DYING WHENEVER IT WANTED TO AND THIS IS WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MINE, FIXED 2 OTHER BOXES THATA WAY TOO.

cfrancis
04-27-2006, 07:48 AM
I am going through my pump this weekend and then start on putting the engine back together. all parts are in, the heads are done, got the cam, larger capacity oil pan.
I currently have a Legend A in it and may change to Legend B any thoughts?

IMPATIENT 1
04-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I am going through my pump this weekend and then start on putting the engine back together. all parts are in, the heads are done, got the cam, larger capacity oil pan.
I currently have a Legend A in it and may change to Legend B any thoughts?
NOT SURE ON THE IMPELLOR, I LIKE A CUTS SO THAT'S ALL I'VE EVER BOUGHT OR RUN. B-CUT'S GONNA MAKE YOU RUN MORE RPMS THAN YOUR USED TO. I PULL THE KIDS ON A TUBE EVERY NOW AND THEN ,SO B-CUTS ARE OUT FOR ME.

CARLSON-JET
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Taylorman, also remember that just because the wire looks connected from the outside, do not rule out that vibration has not broken the wires inside the insulation. I have had that happen on a few grounds on distributors before.. It is not an obvious situation and can leed to chasing around alot of non exsitant gremlims. give each wire a good slow tug. you may see the insulation begin to stretch more then the others. Any wire that lets go was not properly connected anyways and needed attention. Good luck. R.B.