PDA

View Full Version : Are all stainless hoses & Fittings Created Equal?

DeputyDawg
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I have never used anything but Earls and I was just wondering if the different manufacturers vary in quality and if so who's is best? I am thinking about going with the polished nickel finished fittings on the Daytona. I really like the way they look but I don't know how well they hold up as far as appearence.

NELSON#109
04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Hard Line It W/ 1/2 Thin Wall Seamless Ss Tube. If U Want Some Pics, Send Me A Pm W/ Ur E-mail Address. Ive Used .080, But Im Gonna Try .035 In The Cp.

Pee Dub
04-28-2005, 06:12 AM
I have never used anything but Earls and I was just wondering if the different manufacturers vary in quality and if so who's is best? I am thinking about going with the polished nickel finished fittings on the Daytona. I really like the way they look but I don't know how well they hold up as far as appearence.
Yeah, what he said. I'm in the process right now of making my list to completely plumb my flatty. Have heard some brands of hose arent so easy to work with. Summit has their own line that is more economically priced(cheaper) than all of the "name" brands. Their fittings still arent as well priced as Sweet Performance.

PLACECRAFT20
04-28-2005, 06:43 AM
I have tried them all. The earls hose seems to be easier to install the fittings in. As the connectors go, Any of the ones without the barbed end are easier to make a hose with. I think the anodized ones look better than the powdercoated ones like the XRP fittings but the finish does not last as long on the anodized. My boat is mostly XRP. As far as quality I dont think I have found any bad brands of hose or fittings. Thats my 2 cents. I just did the polished fittings on a customers street rod and the look awsome. I wish I could do my boat again. The would all be polished.

moneysucker
04-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Mine is all Earls, I have found them to be easier to install than XRP and not as much color variation in the anodizing. I Will be using the Black Hard anodized ones on my new project. Good luck. Jegs also has their own name fittings too. I am sure they are built by someone else but do not know who.

superdave013
04-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I like Earls fittings too.
The fittings I sell are built pretty much to an Aeroquip print.
A lot of the others are selling nickel plated fittings but I think we are the only one that pays the extra to polish the fittings before they are plated. It makes a big difference. The others (and I've got a few of each of every brand) are nickel plated just as they come off the machine. They look like an unpolished s.s. fitting to me. Not bad but you can still see the extrusion marks on the nuts.
I think the nickel will hold up better then an anodized because the inside is plated as well. The outside will to as they do not fade in the sun. They are fairly scratch resistent. You just need to be careful when putting them together so you don't bugger up the plating. They could peel if you do.
Here is a few pics of Dave Sammonds K boat with our polished nickel hose ends.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517wn3.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517wn6.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517wn2.jpg

superdave013
04-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Now if you want to do you boat with 100% polished 316 stainless adapters and s.s. teflon hoses with polished s.s. ends I can help out there too.
They are special order so make sure to check your list twice.
Cost, well they are polished 316 s.s. so it's not cheep.

DeputyDawg
04-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys. Dave I will give you a shout.

tahitijet
04-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I used superdaves lines and fittings on my boat and I thought they were much easier to assemble then XRP. The thing i liked the most was Daves fittings had a ledge inside and you could just put the hose in till it bottomed out. where xrp didn't and you had to push and pull to get the line in the right spot.
Not sure if there better or not but I have had 0 problems with mine and am super happy with the money I saved :D