PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Regatta Success Story

Havasu Luvr
10-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Well, I must say that the "2nd Annual Cheetah Regatta" was a major success even though the Rod's (Pop's and Chris) were socially "LATE" (2 hrs) for this even :D
SandBar Mike - Good call on this trip, outstanding time and thanks for the use of the condo.
Rod's - Pops & Chris, I enjoyed the short time we spent together @ the sandbar. As always it was a pleasure. Pop's, you can enjoy my mini-bar any time wink
Unleashed - Deano, one word - "AWESOME" ride. It was a pleasure meeting you at Mudsharks and throughing down a few with you. Your ride was the talk on the water
DogHouse - I bet you were happy to see that we had Handicap parking waiting for you and your ride (jk). Great to see ya on the water finally.
Rolns20 - Great meeting you finally and your crew. just remember it was a joke about my statement. Good to see some of the peeps East of the river :)
25 Eliminator - Nice ride....let me know when you pick up Greg's ride. BTW, he was at the LB Resort all weekend, saw his boat but never saw him.
SSHavabrew - Glad to see that some one else is enjoying that "Ricky Rocket" ride. Great meeting you and the crew.
And to the rest that I met over the weekend I appoligize now...... I was to Freaking drunk to remember....I will be out for a 4 day trip this weekend..Park Moabi
HL
[ October 06, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

unleashed
10-06-2003, 09:20 AM
What up Havasulvr, Did your crew of hotties ever show up Saturday night??? I thought for sures you'd be at cocohos but I guess not. Overall an Awesome weekend with bitchen weather, rides and chicas! I gotta give it up your gelcoat on your boat looks bitchen. See you out there soon.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, I must say that the "2nd Annual Cheetah Regatta" was a major success even though the Rod's (Pop's and Chris) were socially "LATE" (2 hrs) for this even
HL I was only a day and two hours late. :mad: :mad: :mad:
HDD :cool:

SS Havabrew
10-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Havasu Luvr!
Thanks for the tour of the boat bro. Very Nice indeed! The Jack and coke was pretty good too! :cool:
SandBar Mike- Thanks for the ride and the Beer w/tomato Juice. That even made Budweiser taste good! :p
It was good to meet everyone and put faces wink to the names. Look forward to the next one for sure.
L8'r!

roln 20s
10-06-2003, 01:30 PM
First off- thanks to all the Cheetah guys for letting me be part of such an elite club and join their Regatta.
I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all of you guys. I can't say enough about your guys rides- all are awesome.
BTW- for all who have not seen Havasu Luvr's boat up close- you need to, pics do that thing no justice.
SandbarMike and Unleashed- your boats are bad ass. And that little mini Force regatta you had on Saturday in the channel looked real sweet, from shore and the water.
It was great meeting you all and I look forward to the next one.
Roln 20s

DogHouse
10-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Very nice seeing everyone out there on Friday! Seemed like a good time was had by all. Pops needs to learn how to loosen up and have a good time though... wink How many of those plastic bottles did he drain anyhow? :p
Mike it was fun running down the river with ya and thanks for letting me horn in on the Force regatta action. I was more than a little surprised to come back to the boat on Saturday to find my poor Magic surrounded with Force!
Nodigg & all, sorry we didn't make it out to the Saturday flotilla. Fouled a couple of plugs so bad the boat wouldn't get on plane, and had to go into town for replacements. Boat ran good in the afternoon but then I hit a shallow spot in Speed Alley and banged some sh_t up pretty bad. Oh well it's always something.
Until next time...
-Brian

DogHouse
10-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah one more thing, Roln you gotta tell us the story of how great that campsight was that we hooked you up with... I hear it came equipped with friendly locals... :D

24RODjr
10-06-2003, 10:26 PM
The regatta was cool..the Flotilla was cool, and pops...well...he really is uptight wink
I have some great pics to post as soon as they get developed and scanned. Ya'll will love 'em.
So let's make sure we have the roll call right:
Dave,
Mike,
Brian,
Chris,
Pops,
Deano,
Rollin',
25 Eliminator,
SS Havabrew,
NoDig.
Let me know if I missed anyone. I'll send the pics out when they get scanned.

24RODjr
10-06-2003, 10:31 PM
P.S.
Deano, Thanks for the speed run, and the education on the finer points of the Topoc Area wink
Got me busted with the wife, but it was worth it :D
-Chris

unleashed
10-06-2003, 10:39 PM
What up Chris, It was cool to hang out with the Cheetah crowd. Sorry I got you in trouble with the wife. I owed you a ride and you finally got it. Tell your pops he could go next. Just remember you'll always find me at Topoc around 3:30 on a saturday.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

nodigg
10-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Great to see all you guys again and to meet the new peeps as well. Double the turn out this year eh? Good job fellas! :D
Looks like the ratio of Cheetah's to EX-Cheetah gets smaller every year?

Havasu Luvr
10-07-2003, 06:39 AM
24RODjr
The regatta was cool..the Flotilla was cool, and pops...well...he really is uptight
I have some great pics to post as soon as they get developed and scanned. Ya'll will love 'em.
So let's make sure we have the roll call right:
Dave,
Mike,
Brian,
Chris,
Pops,
Deano,
Rollin',
25 Eliminator,
SS Havabrew,
NoDig.
Let me know if I missed anyone. I'll send the pics out when they get scanned. Hey Chris,
Just REMEMBER one thing "What Happens in Havasu Stays in Havasu" you know what I mean???? Broooooooooooooo :D
Pop's, I think you over did it on saturday eek!

PlayTime
10-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Playtime is blind so he saw nothing. :cool:

roln 20s
10-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh yeah one more thing, Roln you gotta tell us the story of how great that campsight was that we hooked you up with... I hear it came equipped with friendly locals... First off, our campsite was bad ass. Right on the water, good view between Thompson Bay and Copper Canyon, and perfect sunsets. The boat was stored behind the campsite and hidden from the elements, but not too hidden, cuz we were found...and glad we were :D
As I briefly mentioned to Doghouse as he was playing mechanic, we had some visitors- very HOT visitors. It was around 9pm on Friday, almost ready to call it a day when two girlies come riding up on a jet ski. They were best friends- 19 yr olds from Santa Barabara and both their families made the trip- but had gone to sleep, so they snuck out (we all know what that means). This was the first time they had been to Havasu, I think they like it :D So, they walk up and start talking to us, we offer them some beers and a seat around the fire (chicks dig camp fires) and a couple beers later they began to show what they learned at College...I approved. Definately no professionals, but for some random havasu girls- it doesn't get any better. I think my roomie actually got a couple pics, when he gets back into town, I'll try to get them and post them.
Doghouse- we owe ya big time for the campsite. I'm reserving that spot for the Spring Heatwave :D
Roln 20s

Havasu Luvr
10-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Roln 20s,
What the hell is that broo...you said nothing about it on saturday at the sandbar. I would have beached the Magnatude Attitude and opened up the mini bar for this. I know, it was the best kept secret = "DOG" ! ! ! I'm glad some else got hooked up that weekend :D

Reaper1
10-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Roln - Sounds like camping turned out great. You gotta love the camp fire HO's :) Maybe I'll have to book a spot next to ya in the Spring. wink

roln 20s
10-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Roln 20s,
What the hell is that broo...you said nothing about it on saturday at the sandbar. I never went to the sandbar on saturday, otherwise it would have been brought up. I was in the channel all day!
Roln 20s

DogHouse
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
That's it Roln, I want my campsight back! It's mine, all mine!!! :D

Havasu Luvr
10-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Shit ! ! you mean I was that drunk???? My Bad ! ! !

LevoeDCB22
10-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Wheres this campsite... lookin to break in the new boat next month with a campin trip on the water

Sandbar Mike
10-07-2003, 12:17 PM
What the hell
[ October 07, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Sandbar Mike ]

Sandbar Mike
10-07-2003, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
[qb] Well Boy'z, That was a rock'n weekend.
Nothing broke and didn't get in any trouble. :D
Itlooks like I'm going to have to head out for a few more last Summer trips, Including Thanksgiving and the Channel parade of X-mas lights. Then on to the March (springbreak) Madness.
Good seeing all you guys,
Hopefully catch up in a week or two.
Oh ya, Here' a pic of my buddie who had a pretty -STRANGE-" weekend.
Too Badd, Check Havasu Pics :D
[ October 07, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Sandbar Mike ]

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 01:32 PM
SBMike,
Good to finally meet you, wink boat looked great. :D
Nothing wrong with posting a picture of your Bro wink with some chick who forgot her panties! :p :p smile_sp :D LMAO

DogHouse
10-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Well that pic didn't last long... LMAO! :D

Sandbar Mike
10-07-2003, 01:49 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
SBMike,
Good to finally meet you, boat looked great.
Nothing wrong with posting a picture of your Bro wink with some chick who forgot her panties! : smile_sp :D LMAO
HDD :cool: HDD,
Same here, Bro
I thought you were riding with Dean on Saturday? What happened.
We'll have to throw down a few beers next trip.
Doghouse, Thats what I saw as soon as I came in from cleaning the boat. I had to snap one of the snapper. :D
Funniest pic in a while.
LMAO

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 01:57 PM
?
[ October 07, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 01:57 PM
HDD,Same here, Bro
I thought you were riding with Dean on Saturday? What happened.
We'll have to throw down a few beers next trip.
I was with the XRated boyz, both Deano and XRated were running way behind getting started. I was at the drivers meeting and just decided to go with XRataed rather than driving to the launch ramp to meet Deano. wink
We ended up leaving after the second group left and passed pretty much all of them to the 1st stop, and about half of the 1st group to the 2nd stop.
We pretty much ran in the high 90's the whole way. :p
Those Spectre's can handle some chop. :D
Deano's ride was haulin ass, wink I bet he wishes he would have started on time as well.
Next year we will be ready! wink
I'll be out the next two weekends! :D

24ROD
10-08-2003, 05:01 PM
First of all I would like to say I'm working on the up tight thing. I feel with a little more practice I might just loosen up :D It was fun hangin with all you guys. H-luvr, Sandbar Mike the mini bar was happinin. Doghouse you know there is nothing like a 468" BIG BLOCK CHEVROLET wink No digg nice ride. Deano sic Boat. 25eliminator good seeing you again. If I forgot anyone oops :confused: Chalk it up to a senior moment. See you all in the spring wink