PDA

View Full Version : DESERT STORM & YACHT CLUB BATTLE

Not So Fast
04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
I had to read this twice today and I even confirmed by phone that the Lake Havasu Yacht Club will host thier annual Cinco De Mayo Sailing and Cruising Regatta on the lake this Saturday & Sunday. On Saturday they will begin with a cruise from Thompsons Bay down river and then up into the North Sound, then over nite at Havasu Landing :confused: Does this city have any idea of how to coordinate events?? OMG, I can see the head lines now, Desert Storm carnage wreaked by outlaw killer boats going 175 mph running over the poor defenseless wind sailors, GET A CLUE HAVASU, this spells trouble I think and more bad press for the boating crowd. :( NSF

Chromegorilla
04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
LOL, last weekend I was in a poker run that at the third stop there was a wakeboard competition going on........ We called and gave notice that we were coming like it or not amlost 50 boats bustin their shit up...it was great.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, that does not exactly seem like the smartest thing to do this weekend. Besides, next Saturday would be closer to Cinco de Mayo anyway. Is it possible the yacht club planned it like this on purpose to prove a point? :confused:

Powerquestboy
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
I know sail boats always have the right of way, but I think I would get the F out of the way if I saw a 40 foot cat coming at me at 160 MPH.

CrazyHippy
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
How many sailboats are there in the Yacht club?
Maybe we can get a group to interupt their festivities, as a boat towing a dead boat has right of way over a sailboat :idea:
BJH

Jbb
04-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Uh-Oh....

phuggit
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I would think the Lake Havasu Yacht Club (what a friggin joke) would have to get the same permission from the Coast Guard as the poker run peeps did, if the yacht club was conducting an organized event. I would also like to listen in at the poker run driver's meeting to hear the instructions given by the Coast Guard. As already stated, It sounds like the wind boats are making some sort of protest. They will probably then hold their regatta dinner at the Havasu Marina. :rolleyes:

Magic34
04-28-2005, 01:27 PM
It sounds like the wind boats are making some sort of protest. :rolleyes:
I am thinking the same thing. Hopefully, someone does bring this up to the coast guard official at the drivers meeting and make sure they address it on the spot.

slowinhavasuskid
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Yacht Club? Give me a break its a bunch of old drunks that have pontoon boats. They need to reconsider when and where they hold their stupid events! :hammer2:

CrazyHippy
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I still think we should hook a boat on a 300' line and tow it across the front of their "regata" It's always fun to watch sail boats slam on the brakes :D
Maybe get it organized so the last group to start the poker run is running interferance for the big boys :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
I'm willing to sit in the boat being towed and drink, i dont mind :D
BJH

Kilrtoy
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Thats like placing a school crosswalk in the middle of a drag strip.....

LHC30Victory
04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Thats like placing a school crosswalk in the middle of a drag strip.....
Now THAT'S funny