PDA

View Full Version : Perris vs Elsinore

socaldj1
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I live about 20 minutes from Perris and about 30-40 from Elsinore. I usually go to Perris with both the boat and Sea Doos. I never see Perris mentioned anywhere on HB. I haven't been to Elsinore in 10 years, don't remember much about it either. Just wondering where people launch at Elsinore and if there are benefits of one lake over the other. My family likes to Kneeboard, WakeBoard and tube(I know there tubing is not allowed on most of the lakes around here.) Thanks

xs ultra
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Lake Elsinore is good to go fast no speed limit down the center of the lake.
Water too green -it's safe just don't look good. You need to get back out to Elsinore just to check it out. Best part you do not need reservation in the summer months.
If you want to go in the water stay at Parris.

HM
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Perris definitely has better beaches to hang on.
No tubes allowed on Elsinore. The best marina is Elsinore Marina, but the public ramp works well, and the public beach (east side) has the best beach right now.
The trash is from all the run off of the rains and is pretty cleaned up now. The fish die from lack of oxygen in the water. Most people in CA don't have any clue about natural lakes - which elsinore is.
Elsinore also has the cleanest water. It has algea (the green stuff) that can be gross at times, but it is not "dirty" from a health stand point - the algea is what keeps the bacteria levels way down. Perris water is clean this time of year, but it gets shut down several times a year due to bacteria levels (pee pee and poo poo). But the water "looks" clean.
Elsinore cops only single you out if you stick out. I have more hours on that lake than all the HB members combined and never had any trouble - and I don't exactly follow the speed limits all the time, but, I choose my time and place for bending/breaking the rules. If you are showing good judgement, they don't bother you. If you were hanging out in a cove drinking and they saw you, they will be looking for a reason to pull you over to check if you are impaired.
I personally like Perris better in the off season.

Burley1
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Perris definitely has better beaches to hang on.
No tubes allowed on Elsinore. The best marina is Elsinore Marina, but the public ramp works well, and the public beach (east side) has the best beach right now.
The trash is from all the run off of the rains and is pretty cleaned up now. The fish die from lack of oxygen in the water. Most people in CA don't have any clue about natural lakes - which elsinore is.
Elsinore also has the cleanest water. It has algea (the green stuff) that can be gross at times, but it is not "dirty" from a health stand point - the algea is what keeps the bacteria levels way down. Perris water is clean this time of year, but it gets shut down several times a year due to bacteria levels (pee pee and poo poo). But the water "looks" clean.
Elsinore cops only single you out if you stick out. I have more hours on that lake than all the HB members combined and never had any trouble - and I don't exactly follow the speed limits all the time, but, I choose my time and place for bending/breaking the rules. If you are showing good judgement, they don't bother you. If you were hanging out in a cove drinking and they saw you, they will be looking for a reason to pull you over to check if you are impaired.
I personally like Perris better in the off season.
I must agree here, I have never had a problem on the lake from the Five-o and the 35 MPH limit on the state run lakes SUCKS.

BowTie Rick
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
My thoughts exactly. Also, the green algea is because the water is warm due to the low overall depth of the lake, it sort of a flood plain vs. a depression.

mirvin
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I've been to Perris once and will not go back ever. The water was so disgusting it makes Elsinore look prestine.
mirvin ;)

burtandnancy
04-28-2005, 04:06 PM
If your trailer has aluminum wheels, DO NOT use Elsinore.

mirvin
04-28-2005, 04:20 PM
howcome??

HM
04-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I never had a problem with aluminum wheels. Are yours polished and unprotected? My v-drive cav plate hardware that was polished aluminum would dull and even turn grey - but it did that at the river as well, only at the river it would get growths.
All it needed was a little elbow grease and some mothers....depending on how bad I let it go.

77charger
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
every time this comes up my answer
Elsinore=beer ok
perris = NO BEER.

FRENCHIE
04-28-2005, 06:25 PM
elsinore!!

mirvin
04-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah don't come to Elsinore... That water will mess up your wheels and the fish will chew off your valve stems... Stay away !!!
Oh yeah, I forgot something.....the "QUALITY OF PEOPLE" at Elsinore is far inferior to that of Perris.........;) SO if you insist on going to Elsinore just be ready to deal with some nut cases......so you might as well go to PERRIS!!!
mirvin :D

Mrs CP 19
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
How do you knee board, ski, etc at Perris? That place is a small ZOO.
Let's see, how many people end up in accidents at Perris every year? How many days per year is Perris closed due to E-COLI levels due to fecal contamination (human sh*t) way over the maximum? I specifically remember 2 seperate times last summer. And not just for 2 days each... more like 4-5 days at a time. No way I will ever go there again!

dmontzsta
04-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Lake Perris is so clear you can see the bottom from around 15-20' out on a sunny day, it just has alot of bacteria and nazis for lake patrol.

Moe_Havi
04-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Perris...502's, asshole cops, kiddie pee hole, small, windy.
Elsinore...green but clean, well not exactly clean, lake patrol cool, no wind until 2 or 3. booze ok, not much debris now.
Just a note on perris, you can pick up a $100+ ticket just for having a beer in your boat...unopened!! Think about that. They're assholes there.

HM
04-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Wow, Lake Perris sounds great... Now that I know this info I will be there every weekend. Look for me, I will be wearing a hot pink too-too handing out $100 dollar bills. I hope I will see you guys there, go and hold your breath and wait for me. LOL
LOL! Hey, I don't mind scaring people away from Elsinore, but, if we have to have people go to Elsinore, wouldn't you want it to be your ***boat brethren?
My waterproof makita drill takes care of the undesireables. :crossx:

socaldj1
05-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Ok so luckily I don't drink when I have the 11 month old in the boat or when dragging kids on boards behind the boat, I almost always have someone on a rope behind the boat so the 35 mph speed doesn't bother me not like I need to hurry from one side of the lake to the other So today I went to Perris Not to say I won't be coming to Elsinore soon
The patrols boat had a different boat tied to it every time i saw it Glad it stayed away from me since I didn't have any numbers on it( I bought the boat in Havasu last May never paid sales tax and if I can make it 2 more weeks I won't have to pay the sales tax when i register it.
The water was almost brown couldn't see 2 feet down but wasn't too crowded Oh ya my wheels are just fine

Raisin Wake
05-01-2005, 06:37 PM
The water was almost brown couldn't see 2 feet down but wasn't too crowded Oh ya my wheels are just fine
I swung by lake perris a few weeks ago and they were in the middle of a very bad algea bloom. Very green. The brown is probably the dead algea still sitting in the water.
I think......

shadetree
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Perris sucks to many rocks

C-2
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
When Perris goes green they usually hit it with copper sulfate, kills the algae and clears the water - you can literally see down 40-50 feet until the light runs out. Really neat looking. BUT it has no affect on bacteria, which Perris is known for in the summer months.
Elsinore is green, has always been green, and will probably remain green. My boat doesn't seem to mind it.
One thing my boat DOES mind is being rammed by a jackass on a Sea Doo or being riddled with bullet holes. Pretty good chance of either happening at Perris, especially after the season kicks off on Mem day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sportin' Wood
05-10-2005, 05:14 AM
My fondest memories of El Perrisito are the lines out the gate trying to get in and the lines trying to get out through the DUI check point. Couple that with a billion little brats climbing all over your boat, throwing sand and craping in the water and you have the makings of a great day of boating. I forgot to mention the strange dresscode, Women are for some reason required to wear T shirts over there bathing suits :confused: I dont remeber a sign but all the local women where dressed in this manor? Real strange look? :D ;) Men are required to wear cut offs and socks up there knees with black cordaroy slippers. Extra points if you can score a pit bull on a chain.
Where does the poop go mommy? :idea: