PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top / Chevy 454 or Olds 455 ???

FastDave
08-01-2001, 08:57 AM
Two questions from a new 75 Apollo Jet owner...
Where can I buy a bimini top to fit in my boat? It's hot here in Texas!
Also, I know the Apollo Jet Boats usually came with 455 Olds engines, but I'm not sure mine is. It says "CM10 T" on the block in the back - anyone know what it is?
I had it out two days ago and me and my 230 pound friend GPS'd it at 68mph. Funny, though, as I didn't know about putting the place diverter up to get out of the water for more speed. I had it all the way back the whole time. Now I know (after reading this forum). Lots of great info here!!! Now what about a bimini top? ;-)
Thanks,
FastDave...
[This message has been edited by FastDave (edited August 01, 2001).]

brazosriver
08-01-2001, 12:13 PM
fastdave..i'm from dallas area. Check with a company in lewisville called Lone Star Upholstery. He did my friends boat and did a great job. Good price and quality material. My 75 taylor has a 455 in it..The 455 olds motor has narrow valve covers..454 chevy has valve covers about 6" wide. If you still can't tell difference pull the covers and olds 455 has rocker arms that torque down instead of adjusting like on a chevy..Where you from in Tx? Heard about a jetboat get together at ray roberts lake aug. 26th brazos

FastDave
08-01-2001, 03:37 PM
Hey BrazosRiver...
I'm in Wylie (North Dallas) on Lake Lavon. Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to info on the Ray Roberts event? I'm up for it!
FastDave...

Oldsquirt
08-01-2001, 05:20 PM
Look at distributor. If it passes through the intake manifold it is Chevy. If it mounts to block its Olds. Also, unless someone has modified things, the Olds has oil filler tube at right front coming out of timing cover area of block.

FastDave
08-01-2001, 07:50 PM
Here's a picture. Looks like it's a 454 Chevy then. http://www.dpgdigital.com/mytoys/j4.jpg
OldSquirt - Is that why my 13/16 deep socket is too big for the spark plugs?
Thanks!
Dave...
Chevy is better!!! ;-)
btw: Here's a picture of my boat. Kinda plain, but I need to repaint her!
http://www.dpgdigital.com/mytoys/j2.jpg
[This message has been edited by FastDave (edited August 01, 2001).]

nelsonf
08-01-2001, 08:16 PM
FastDave The Engine is a Chevy

NordicSquirt
08-01-2001, 09:37 PM
The Ray Roberts get together is still in the works. Myself, and several others from the other board as well as this one are putting this thing together, but ANYONE is welcome. As you know it is at Ray Roberts, but I haven't been there, so I don't know anymore details. I will keep you posted.
Mike

brazosriver
08-02-2001, 06:21 AM
fastdave and nordic..I will be looking for you guys at Ray Roberts on the 26th..What kind of boats am i looking for. I'll be in a white with red and blue stripes 18' Taylor ss..............brazos

FastDave
08-02-2001, 06:39 AM
Hey Brazos - picture of mine at http://www.dpgdigital.com/mytoys/j2.jpg
It may look a little different by then, however.
FasssssssssstDave...

NordicSquirt
08-02-2001, 08:35 AM
I will be in a Black with blue stripes 18' Nordic, Bassett headers and a large scoop on the motor. And a new Place Diverter, just got it yesterday.

BigDaddy
08-21-2001, 01:56 PM
I will be in a 76 Avenger Bright red and canary Yellow with 455 Olds Tunnel with 850 dbl pumper and Berkley Jet butt the best way to see if it is me is the real Big Guy sitting in the drivers seat it is like one of those Jet Skis to me with lots of Power and I can take a friend if i want to and yes I want to go to Ray Roberts so I can show Yall how a 500 Pounder Has fun in a Jet Boat and Just for you Young guys That think you are fast You may Spank me Butt Fill your Boat with People and then Come see me and Make it a little more even hahahaha

brazosjettin
08-24-2001, 03:43 PM
hey hope yall have fun at ray roberts think im gonna hold out till next weekend and go to the brazos gotta work on 2 of my buddies boats this sat. sun. anyone want to run the brazos labor day weekend let us know latter brazosjettin.