PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a brand new jet boat? Bamco Jet Boats

sanger rat
04-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Pretty nice! Wonder how much they are asking for these. http://www.bamcojetboats.com/

Jake W2
04-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Thats that Southwind formula design that Lakes has and Cobra is building.Looks like they just put them togeather.
Looks like they went to far with the purple ;)
Jake

old rigger
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
It's pretty cool that someone's building small boats, but I agree with dragboats about the diamond plate. (I'm color blind so the purple doesn't bother me. I can't see it) but whats up with those high back seats? Other than that, looks nice.

Heatseeker
04-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Pretty bold move, building brand new uninsureable boats.
They look pretty nice(except the diamond plate :eek: ), I wish them luck and success.

Hustler
04-28-2005, 06:02 PM
This was on there site...
"All of our one of a kind custom hulls are hand made to our specification and design by Cobra Performance Boats." :idea:

old rigger
04-28-2005, 06:18 PM
This was on there site...
"All of our one of a kind custom hulls are hand made to our specification and design by Cobra Performance Boats." :idea:
Hustler,
I saw that too. I wonder what the tab is for shipping a bare hull across country now days? Cobra is out here somewhere in so cal isn't it?

Hustler
04-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Cobra is in Montclaire so yea it cant be to cheap.

Jake W2
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Heres a question WHAT WOULD BET THE BEST OLD HULL to make new lake ski/perf hull out of for a jet under 19?
Jake

Nucking futs
04-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Southwind Tunnel Dragster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

roostwear
04-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Bamco... sounds like a skit on SNL.

old rigger
04-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Bamco... sounds like a skit on SNL.
lol, like the 'bass-o-matic'

old rigger
04-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Heres a question WHAT WOULD BET THE BEST OLD HULL to make new lake ski/perf hull out of for a jet under 19?
Jake
Rogers 18 bubble.

lilrick
04-28-2005, 08:13 PM
the 19' hornet partially designed by Jack Mclure!!!!!!!!

lilrick
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Jake
hornet

SPECTRABRENT
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Jake
Spectra 19- works great as a jet, v-drive, OB & I/O.
BRent

Jake W2
04-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Nuckingfuts 19 TD is a great boat but for ski/perf better make the seating alot bigger :supp: .
I am thinking a 19 gullwing go figure,only one problem they have been made every year since they have came out and the market is GONE.Comparied to dare I say it gayliner and queenline.
Mabey once we use up all the old ones (70s era jets)there might be a demand.
My favs are looks wise V bottom,
Southwind 18 original
Eliminator 18 bubble deck
Eliminator 19 Sprint
Hondo 18 the one that looks like the t deck flat
Mantra 18 it has a Southwind 18 bottom with their own deck square bubble deck with a fliped up tail.
Jake

Jake W2
04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Brent good point to have a hull for all drive setups.But not to upset anyone but that Spectra deck is not one of my favorites.
Jake

dgie
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I wonder if I can get that fitted with a 455 :rollside: :D

Nucking futs
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Well the new Bamco is a southwind t-deck.the bottom is the original 18 sw.The 19 hornet is the same boat as the southwind just cut down a foot.The southwinds were bought from a guy that was good freinds with jack and sat for a year before before my grandpa bought the company from him.
That mold has switched hands about five times in the last 10 years and everytime the same thing happens, nobody wants them.
Hmm wonder why?
Tim

Jake W2
04-28-2005, 10:32 PM
I thought the Southwind came from a cut down Esquire(sp).
Jake

old rigger
04-29-2005, 05:46 AM
Jake
I think you're right, Phil Percivels deal.
Marty Hatchel did the Hornet and I believe he tooled it from scratch. In fact that's what he told me when we were both rigging at Howards. Maybe that was his smaller boats and not the 19 though?

superdave013
04-29-2005, 06:09 AM
Spectra 19- works great as a jet, v-drive, OB & I/O.
BRent
I like the lines on the 18.
A friend of mine ended up with the boat that's on the bottom of this ad. And it still looked just like that too. Was a great handling rough water boat. I bet he still regrets selling it to this day. I sent Brent a pic of it a few years ago so he could scan it. Maybe he will be kind enough to post it in this thread.
http://www.spectramarine.com/spectrabrochures/spectra18/cover_large.gif

riverbound
04-29-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm kind of fond of the Spectra18 too :D :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681IMG012.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_313-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_014_edited.jpg

Zeug
04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Wow, I didnt realize that was an 18 footer. For an 18 that has a lot of interior room. This brings up a new question. Any one got more interior room in 18 or 19?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681IMG012.JPG

Nucking futs
04-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Jake
my bad, that was the boat.All these boat names to remember........ :confused:

Nucking futs
04-29-2005, 07:09 AM
I always liked the spectra 18.When southwind bought it from spectra that became my favorite model.
http://www.southwindjetboats.com/boat%20095.jpg

riverbound
04-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Here is a pic of the interior. its probably one of the roomiest 18 ft boats out there. I had sthe seats mounted on swivels so you can turn them around for floating and skiing. they also adjust back and forth, for shorter drivers.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/681IMG013.JPG
I might know of one coming up for sale soon if you are interested ;)

Zeug
04-29-2005, 08:03 AM
That's huge compared to my southwind 18 splash. Have you been in a Spectra 20 like Parkertime is laying up in the V-drive forum? How would you compare the two for ride quality, performance, interior room.
I'm looking for a good comprimise of all the above for a family boat. It would be Jet and prolly looking at a NA BBC around 700HP. I dont have an exact top speed in mind but I dont think I could be happy with a 60mph slug.
It looks to me like the top is the same as on the 20' just with a shorter deck. Not too bad looking IMO. I do like the look of the longer deck though too.
Same V angle? Deadrise?

riverbound
04-29-2005, 08:11 AM
That's huge compared to my southwind 18 splash. Have you been in a Spectra 20 like Parkertime is laying up in the V-drive forum? How would you compare the two for ride quality, performance, interior room.
I'm looking for a good comprimise of all the above for a family boat. It would be Jet and prolly looking at a NA BBC around 700HP. I dont have an exact top speed in mind but I dont think I could be happy with a 60mph slug.
It looks to me like the top is the same as on the 20' just with a shorter deck. Not too bad looking IMO. I do like the look of the longer deck though too.
Same V angle? Deadrise?
The 20' will ride much better (its alot heavier) As far as performance, most 18's did not run full length stringers (thats what killed my blower motor plans) Interior room is actually pretty similar. alot of the size difference is made up with the shorter nose on the 18. not sure on the deadrise and vangle. I will be looking for a 20' soon. I want to build another one. this time with some real HP. Right now Im at about 500hp and thats enough for what I do with this boat. I have heard of guys running higher HP in the 1/4 stringer boats.
For the size of boat it is I dont think you can get a better all-around performer. I can pull the kids skiing tubing all-day and still go out and have some fun when I am by myself.

Zeug
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Dang, now that's a tow vehicle! :supp:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_323-med.jpg
Have you figured out what the added weight of a 20' is? I like your 18 but i might be in the same boat as you wiht the 20'. Wondering what I can expect out of the 20 for speed. I want to see what BigProppa does with his when he gets it tuned.
your boat looks great! I like the red and white

old rigger
04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
You guys are right about that 18 Spectra. That's a great looking boat, timeless styling. I looked for a long time for one and almost bought from a guy in Ventura, but he turned out to be one unstable SOB so I passed on the boat and got as far away from him as I could. Ended up with a 20 spectra after all. An I/O though.

riverbound
04-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Dang, now that's a tow vehicle! :supp:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_323-med.jpg
Have you figured out what the added weight of a 20' is? I like your 18 but i might be in the same boat as you wiht the 20'. Wondering what I can expect out of the 20 for speed. I want to see what BigProppa does with his when he gets it tuned.
your boat looks great! I like the red and white
I think I mught have to upgrade on the tow vehicle....... You can almost tell that you are actually towing something. :D
Dont know the difference in wieght between the 2 is. I know that the 20 was available in 1/4 lenght strimgers, 2 full stringers, 4 full stringers, balsa cored, I know I recieved a couple emails from people with some pretty interesting boats. Im just being really picky with what I want for a 20.

old rigger
04-29-2005, 08:53 AM
the 18 I almost bought had full length stringers. belly tank and the floor was kinda high because of it. Maybe it was an odd ball order. Berk g and an olds for power. No bow rail, which almost cinched the deal for me if the guy hadn't been a nut case.
My 20 now has full length stringers and is an I/O too. no bow rail.

Zeug
04-29-2005, 08:54 AM
the 18 I almost bought had full length stringers. belly tank and the floor was kinda high because of it. Maybe it was an odd ball order. Berk g and an olds for power. No bow rail, which almost cinched the deal for me if the guy hadn't been a nut case.
Lets see a pic!

old rigger
04-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Lets see a pic!
Had the boat a year and don't have any pics. lol
I'll take some today.

riverbound
04-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Some of the early 18's were full stringer and Olds powered. I think the 18 without the bowrail looks funny. The bow is not proprtionate to the rest of the boat (IMO). Belly tank would be nice but it would raise the floor quite a bit. The floor on mine is the hull except a 18" wide strip in the middle.

old rigger
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
here you go Zeug. I hate the mirror and it's comming off soon. Maybe the windshield too.
Hey, do you know whre Nephi is? That's where my wife's family is from.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/IMG_03112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/IMG_03142.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/IMG_03202.jpg

Nucking futs
04-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Same V angle? Deadrise?
How about getting a new 20' southwind cruiser?They are being made again,so if anyone is interested let me know.They run 60mph with stock power and mine runs close to 70 with 425 hp.
Heres a pic of mine......
http://www.southwindjetboats.com/DSC00024.JPG
Tim

old rigger
04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Some of the early 18's were full stringer and Olds powered. I think the 18 without the bowrail looks funny. The bow is not proprtionate to the rest of the boat (IMO). Belly tank would be nice but it would raise the floor quite a bit. The floor on mine is the hull except a 18" wide strip in the middle.
Riverbound,
yep it's apples and oranges isn't it. You like bowrails on the 18 and I don't. lol
This 18 I was looking at was a 78, the 20 I bought is a 79. Both had full stringers. Every 18 I looked at had an E pump in it execpt for this one too. I didn't want that either. And you're right the floor was very high in it. Had nothing to do with the belly tank though, it fit very nicely under the top of the stringers.

old rigger
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
How about getting a new 20' southwind cruiser?They are being made again,so if anyone is interested let me know.
Tim
Futs,
I just got a CD full of pictures of a new one in the mold. Pretty cool!

Nucking futs
04-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Futs,
I just got a CD full of pictures of a new one in the mold. Pretty cool!
That one will be awesome looking when its done. I like the color combo to.Looks old school.

riverbound
04-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Riverbound,
yep it's apples and oranges isn't it. You like bowrails on the 18 and I don't. lol
This 18 I was looking at was a 78, the 20 I bought is a 79. Both had full stringers. Every 18 I looked at had an E pump in it execpt for this one too. I didn't want that either. And you're right the floor was very high in it. Had nothing to do with the belly tank though, it fit very nicely under the top of the stringers.
That would have been an awesome boat... Could have put some real power in it. The only thing I dont like baout mine is the fact that I cant put any real power in it. Mine is an E pump. So what happened with the owner of that boat?? You said he was unstable??

Zeug
04-29-2005, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=old rigger]here you go Zeug. I hate the mirror and it's comming off soon. Maybe the windshield too.
Hey, do you know whre Nephi is? That's where my wife's family is from.
QUOTE]
Looks great! Seems like a lot of them were white with red and brown. Good combo. Man that thing has a lot of room from the floor to the gunnel. I'm 6'4"
Nephi is just 45 min south of Provo on I15. Highway Patrol center is there so you gotta whatch your P's and Q's going through Nephi! :eat:

superdave013
04-29-2005, 11:02 AM
The 18 my friend had had 4 stringers. It also had a belly tank (100 gal) and calgo steering in the center. It was a totally bitchin boat. He put in small fiberglass buckets on each side of the big center seat.

flat broke
04-29-2005, 11:45 AM
That one will be awesome looking when its done. I like the color combo to.Looks old school.
If you like that blue and orange hoopty graphic, you're gonna love what I've been sketchin up ;)
Seriously, if anyone else is looking to do a 20'er, give Tim a call. There will be a few nice versions (Tim's included) floating around by mid to late summer. Classic doesn't always mean it was built 30 years ago. These new 20s that are poping out will be a consumate melding of current construction methods, and proven bottom designs that just plain work. And they look good to boot :D
Chris

superdave013
04-29-2005, 11:47 AM
If you like that blue and orange hoopty graphic, you're gonna love what I've been sketchin up ;)
Seriously, if anyone else is looking to do a 20'er, give Tim a call. There will be a few nice versions (Tim's included) floating around by mid to late summer. Classic doesn't always mean it was built 30 years ago. These new 20s that are poping out will be a consumate melding of current construction methods, and proven bottom designs that just plain work. And they look good to boot :D
Chris
so in less words are you sayin that you are moving into one of Tim's boats?

flat broke
04-29-2005, 12:16 PM
For the most part, yes. Ty's will be done much sooner than mine, but one of em will be runnin 300 miles in Parker come October as long as Ross gets the USCG buyoff and rescue team worked out.
Basically after looking at the Spectra 20s in Torrance, knowing that I would need to have contract Bennett or someone to add some lift to the hull that was never orriginally designed into it, I started looking at other options. No sense spending whatever Parkertime was going to get for one of them shiny new Spectras if it was going to go the same speed as my current cruiser. And for the cost of re-geling my current hull, and knowing that the cracks would eventually come back, it makes it much easier to justify going with the new glass. It's not a Schiada, but I also can't afford/justify a Schiada, so I looked at my options and felt that this hull would offer the most MPH/HP in its size with a jet (for a V hull), The styling is right on with just the right ballance of old and new, and with the gel that I'm inking out, it will have a very familiar classic feel to it. Now all I gotta do is heal up, and close the deals that are going to be paying for it! :D
BTW, Ty told me yesterday that the link for the silicone hoses I posted actually WAS for the place he was thinking of, so that's all I got on that front :(
Chris

superdave013
04-29-2005, 01:57 PM
so that would be a yes then. lol
I had no idea that's what you 2 were up to. I knew something was up but didn't know what. Well congrats to you two and Tim. Can't wait to check 'em out!

hack job
04-29-2005, 02:14 PM
so i guess that cats out of the bag . lol yeah it should be poped next week and to me in like two weeks or so. then it will be see if i can beat you getting mine done first lol.

superdave013
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh that's a given. lol
But I have installed a few new parts. Starting to look meaner every day. :)

hack job
04-29-2005, 02:28 PM
still going to make it for your aug 13 appointment?

HBjet
04-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I would say a 19 Gullwing is a great choice for all around lake/performance use... but when we are just talking about V-Bottom hulls I have to say nothing matches my Liberty...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boatpic1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boatpic2.jpg
HBjet

bp
04-29-2005, 07:31 PM
only thing better would be one that's all carbon fiber/kevlar... :D now that would be cool

FOURQ
04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
so i guess that cats out of the bag . lol yeah it should be poped next week and to me in like two weeks or so. then it will be see if i can beat you getting mine done first lol.i was there checkin up on everything and it comes out monday afternoon .. i should be ther for more pics too ... chris and ty keep checkin the link you have for the new pics i add..
Shawn
also talked to Rhett today and its possible that next year we might do the SWTD :D im stoked about that one....

hack job
04-29-2005, 09:03 PM
sweet!!! that is good news . i hope that i get off work early this week so i can go down and look before smiley takes off. i love that page you put up;)

Zeug
04-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Basically after looking at the Spectra 20s in Torrance, knowing that I would need to have contract Bennett or someone to add some lift to the hull that was never orriginally designed into it
Chris
Ok, now you got my curiosity going. :idea: Can you tell me more about the SW 20' and why it is faster than the Spectra. How is the lift added to the spectra? Can you quantify the difference at speed? What about ride quanlity?
Thanks, The SW looks great too. Just wondering what the difference is.

hack job
04-30-2005, 07:19 AM
basicly the spectra 20 was setup up as a v-drive boat and in doing so. the cneter lifting strakes stop a little past the driver and the boat has a pretty close to flat bottom in the back making it stick to the water and with its size and wieght its take some serious work by a blue printer to make it worka little better. the SW has 6 lifting strakes and the center ones stop right in front of the intake and the other go all the way back this will cause more lift.
but iam sure flat broke , fourQ ,or nucking futs will chime in with more info on this :D

dmontzsta
04-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Old Rigger your Spectra looks alot like my dads Eliminator 21'.

old rigger
04-30-2005, 08:44 AM
basicly the spectra 20 .... has a pretty close to flat bottom in the back making it stick to the water and with its size and wieght
You think that this is flat??? Or even close to flat?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/IMG_03162.jpg
What would you call yours below, a Deep V? lol ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/hackbottom2.jpg

canuck1
04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I would say a 19 Gullwing is a great choice for all around lake/performance use... but when we are just talking about V-Bottom hulls I have to say nothing matches my Liberty...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boatpic1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boatpic2.jpg
HBjet
Eagle sport or sprint will

Floored
04-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Old Rigger that boat is NICE, but, your impeller is mounted alittle to far to the rear!! :confused: :D :cool:

flat broke
05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
basicly the spectra 20 was setup up as a v-drive boat and in doing so. the cneter lifting strakes stop a little past the driver and the boat has a pretty close to flat bottom in the back making it stick to the water and with its size and wieght its take some serious work by a blue printer to make it worka little better. the SW has 6 lifting strakes and the center ones stop right in front of the intake and the other go all the way back this will cause more lift.
but iam sure flat broke , fourQ ,or nucking futs will chime in with more info on this :D
Hacker is correct on the longer and additional strakes on the Southwind providing more lift, which will result in higher speeds. As for the deadrise of the hulls, that has less to do with speed and more to do with another issue...
The Spectra's reputation for handling rough water is well deserved, so long as you attack the rough water with the nose down. On a boat that is going to be using it's inherent lift to run drier, you have to focus more on the steepness of the V on the rear running surface. Unfortunately, when I would run my Spectra at 3/4 and more throttle, it would be ridding on the back half of the hull, rear of the steeper v' of the entry.
As Old Rigger pointed out, it's not that the Southwind is a "deep Vee" compared to the Spectra, but the fact that the V is a little steeper out back (albeit not much) combined with the lifting strakes that should be the difference I'm looking for. If I was running an I/O or a V'drive, I'd opt for the Spectra because I can generate more lift on the transom with prop selection and rely on the proven entry portion of the Spectra hull to beat down bigger water. But since I'm running a jet, I'm forced to make choices that ballance inherent lift of the hull at the transom and a slightly less aggressive "entry" section on the front of the hull.
Chris

SPECTRABRENT
05-01-2005, 06:08 PM
FlatBroke & Tyson,
Are your boat(s) the SW 20 foot with the newer deck?
Who are you going to have rig the boats (pump & motor placement)?
What kind of speed can you expect from the hull?
Good Luck,
Brent

old rigger
05-02-2005, 07:31 AM
it's not that the Southwind is a "deep Vee" compared to the Spectra, but the fact that the V is a little steeper out back (albeit not much) combined with the lifting strakes that should be the difference I'm looking for.
Chris
Are you serious? You think the southwind bottom, at the transom, is deeper than the spectra? I think you're mistaken and I can't wait to get hackers boat in the driveway and measure the two. I have a feeling they're both the same. :wink:

old rigger
05-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Old Rigger that boat is NICE, but, your impeller is mounted alittle to far to the rear!! :confused: :D :cool:
thanks floored. I lucked out when I found it. And I can assure you that the impeller in my bildge pump is mounted exactly where it should be. :D

flat broke
05-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Are you serious? You think the southwind bottom, at the transom, is deeper than the spectra? I think you're mistaken and I can't wait to get hackers boat in the driveway and measure the two. I have a feeling they're both the same. :wink:
Once Hacker gets it in his hands, we'll pull out the angle finder. I owe you a 12 pack if I'm wrong, Keaton gets bowlight installation duty if I'm right :D Either way, going this route means not having to grind out non-skid, hope that stress cracks dont reappear through a re-gel, and getting exactly what we want rather than compromises associated with restorations.
FlatBroke & Tyson,
Are your boat(s) the SW 20 foot with the newer deck?
Who are you going to have rig the boats (pump & motor placement)?
What kind of speed can you expect from the hull?
Good Luck,
Brent
Brent,
It will have the newer deck. As far as pump and motor placement, we'll be handling most of that with a little insight from folks that have, "been there, done that" ;) As far as expected speeds, Tim's had his to 68 with 425hp... so with 735 and 821 respectively we should be doing alright ;) As long as I see better efficiency than I did with the Spectra, I'll be more than happy.
Chris

old rigger
05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I owe you a 12 pack if I'm wrong, Keaton gets bowlight installation duty if I'm right . Chris
either way, Keaton gets bow light duty!

Nucking futs
05-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Well the orange and blue hoopty is out of the mold and let me be the first to say.......Damn good color choice and targets.It was popped on Sat. and is together and tabbed and is getting the final bulkheads in now.TY,check that link later today for the update.
Tim

flat broke
05-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Tim,
I'm happy to report that Hacker is at work! :D I'm sure he'll be all over this thread when he gets home. I'll have to hit up that link this afternoon to see the results. I take it the black pins worked well with the colors?
Thanks again for all of your help with this. I can't wait to get Ty's on the water, and ours into the mold.
Chris

NorCal Gameshow
05-02-2005, 01:11 PM
You guys are right about that 18 Spectra. That's a great looking boat, timeless styling. I looked for a long time for one and almost bought from a guy in Ventura, but he turned out to be one unstable SOB so I passed on the boat and got as far away from him as I could. Ended up with a 20 spectra after all. An I/O though.
was that gold coast?
I read about a few guys that went out to look at the boat and the guy acted like the boat wasn't for sale :confused:
my '72 18 had full length stringers with an ls6

hack job
05-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Well the orange and blue hoopty is out of the mold and let me be the first to say.......Damn good color choice and targets.It was popped on Sat. and is together and tabbed and is getting the final bulkheads in now.TY,check that link later today for the update.
Tim
yeah as chris said i work now full time so i cant go down there durring the day much any more ( only fridays after i get off.) :( so i cecked out the file you sent and it wasnt working so ill wait to check the link later. or if you want you can send me the pics in a zip i really cant wait too see it.
it was a long day at work being the first day and knowing my boat is out of the mold!! ;) what time do they leave down there i get off at 4:30 and get home around 5:15 so it would be like 6 before i could be there i would assume that they are long gone by then!

Nucking futs
05-02-2005, 07:37 PM
sorry Ty, i posted a pic on here but i took it down.I will let you post if you want.
Tim

flat broke
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I just saw the pics of the boat, and I don't think I'll be callin it a hoopty anymore :D The thing looks frigin awesome!!! I'll let Hacker post pics as he sees fit, but the boat looks sharp.
I got permision to post one pic to shed a little light on the deadrise debate :D
http://southwindracing.com/DSC01131.JPG
Compared to....
http://www.bright.net/~hisey606/Spectra%2005.jpg
I know the Spectra is a 12* bottom, so, I'm guessing the Soutwind will come in at 14*-16*, but we'll see for sure once it gets home. Either way, the boat looks even better than either his Eliminator 19 or his Spectra 19. Now he needs to find someone to do a sick interior to set this thing off.
Congrats Bro! The boat looks Tits!!!!!!
Chris

hack job
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
you can see a lot of pics of it here
http://southwindracing.com/05sw.htm
enjoy guys :wink:

mirrorimage
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
holy crap that thing looks frikking awsome ..i hope the regel on my 19 charger looks half as good as yours ... un believeable...... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

old rigger
05-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Hacksaw,
the boat is beautiful. I showed Lori the pics and she loved it. Congrats.
I'm real curious about the bottom now compared to the spectra. Doesn't mean much to me cuase I got a slow I/O (well it's faster than a stock spectra jet .lol)

Jake W2
05-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Hackjob the 20 looks really nice I like the new style deck.I have a few questions.
How much are they selling the hulls for ?
And if you want to put a rail kit or any other through bolted motor mounts in it how you going to do that with out cutting holes in the false floor beside the stringers?
What does it weigh?
And is it titled as a Southwind?
Jake

hack job
05-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Hackjob the 20 looks really nice I like the new style deck.I have a few questions.
And if you want to put a rail kit or any other through bolted motor mounts in it how you going to do that with out cutting holes in the false floor beside the stringers?
What does it weigh?
Jake
jake for pricing you would have to call Nucking futs ( tim). they are are laying them up as the southwind 20 by dana boats.
weight i have no idea.
i will have to cut some acess holes in the floor by the stringer. to mount my rail kit.
i will put aluminum covers over the holes when iam done;)

flat broke
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
What does it weigh?
Jake
Jake,
The hulls wont be lightweight flexi-flyers as they are being built to last. I would expect the weight to be somewhere between 1200-1400lbs. I can assure you that there will be an exact weight before it's all said and done.
As for the acess holes, as Tyson mentioned standard installation of rail kits in a boat like this would require access holes to be drilled and then the bare wood edges would be sealed with resin. After that, either aluminum or plastic access plugs/covers are installed. Rest assured there will be a full rail kit etc on this boat. Think of it like Hacker's Spectra 19 all grown up ;)
Chris

Jake W2
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Too bad they could not just move the side false floors down a bit so you would have not holes cut in it I assume the back seat will stop befor that any way.I would not expect them to be flexy flyers built to last sounds great.
So Futs what they gona run us?
Thanks for the info.
Jake

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
you can see a lot of pics of it here
http://southwindracing.com/05sw.htm
enjoy guys :wink:
WOW!!!! That is looking very sweet;) Just like giving birth. Looks good tyson;) Keep us posted bro!