PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powel Links?????

cdog
04-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Were leaving next friday after work for our first lake powel trip. Were going to the launch on the AZ side. Not really sure were meeting friends. What is the best way to get out there from OC. 15 to the 40 or 10 to the 95??? Is'nt there also a way to cut thru 29 palms? Also how do I find out about the weather?
Thanks

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-29-2005, 07:27 AM
This might help... (http://www.powellguide.com/)
have fun!!! I'd love to go there.

tsunami
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
For the lake weather, go to the National Weather Service site and type in Page Az. Will give you current as well as 10 day forcast. Also go to Wayneswords and go to the tool bar on the left for water and air temps as well as water levels and gas prices. We always traveled from Valencia and went thru Victorville, Vegas and stayed the first night in Mesquite. Got up the next morning and drove thru St. George, Hurricane, Kanabe and into Page(Lake Powell) Have fun!

cdog
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks,, How about the best way to get there?

Mardonzi
04-29-2005, 07:39 AM
If you are coming via I-40, we are 5 hours from Havasu that way. We are about 4 1/2 hours from Vegas if you do the I-15 north to Hurricane UT and then across the AZ Strip. If you are towing something, the I-15 way is a bit better,, no big grades to pull.
If you are meeting on the AZ side, there are 2 marinas here. Wahweap and Antelope point. You might want to find out for sure which one they are launching at. As far as weather goes, we use Weatherunderground.com. Pull up Page, AZ for the forecast.
The water is rising about 6 inches a day right now so you can figure on another 3 ft of rise before you get here.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me with them.

phebus
04-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Here is the best link for lake info out there. http://www.elakepowell.com/freds/index.htm
The best way to get there is the 15 through vegas to Mesquite, then up to St George and then to the lake

cdog
04-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Were leaving out of waheap...

Powerquestboy
04-29-2005, 08:03 AM
If the ramps are open consider leaving out of Antelope. It puts you further up lake and saves you some gas and time. Not sure if the ramp is open there yet but its $30 to launch and they Valet your car for you. Wahweap is $20 to get in the park. Have fun

AzLakeLizard
04-29-2005, 08:11 AM
If the ramps are open consider leaving out of Antelope. It puts you further up lake and saves you some gas and time. Not sure if the ramp is open there yet but its $30 to launch and they Valet your car for you. Wahweap is $20 to get in the park. Have fun
You still have to pay a fee to get into Antelope also. $20.00 per car $30.00 for the boat if it is not stickered, and $30 to launch the boat since the ramp is not open for you to launch your own.
Both State Line and Wahweap are open to launch your own boats.
It was suggested to me that our friends coming up here would do good to invest in a $50.00 park pass for the year and that would cover you for many visits rather than just one.