PDA

View Full Version : Custom boats in Michigan ?

ptboat
04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Hello everyone,
I have not seen a lot of custom boats in Michigan. I have own a few boats in the past, you know the usual open bow which is BORING !!!! I love some of the custom boat from California like the Essex, Shockwave and more. How in the world am I going to get one of those to Michigan. I have seen a few used one up for sale but is no where near my neck of the wood. Any thought would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex.

jdogginla
04-29-2005, 11:21 AM
How bout pick the boat up.........hit Havasu for a week and go home. I know that Ultra has a dealer in VA. Maybe cheaper to ship one from the East coast.

ptboat
04-29-2005, 11:32 AM
ShockwaveBob :hammer2: Our season maybe only 6 weeks, but we do need a chick magnet boat like you guy also. Why do you think I don't need to own a custom boat up in the cold and freezing water ? I am too cool for the usual open bow with a speed of 30 mph max. I just love those sleak, low cut hot boat I have been seeing.
jdogg,
Sure I can just pick one up and drive back to Michigan but that would be more than a few thousand miles. I am afraid the trailer might not be in one piece.
All kidding aside, my point is. Why most hot boat are from the west ? How much you guy think it would cost me to ship a boat ?
Alex.

RiverOtter
04-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone,
I have not seen a lot of custom boats in Michigan. I have own a few boats in the past, you know the usual open bow which is BORING !!!! I love some of the custom boat from California like the Essex, Shockwave and more. How in the world am I going to get one of those to Michigan. I have seen a few used one up for sale but is no where near my neck of the wood. Any thought would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex.
Just a thought... Hitch it up to a truck and tow it. :D

Powerquestboy
04-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Plenty of Customs in Michigan! Go over to Holland michigan and get a Powerquest! Or head to Algonac and get a Sunsation! You cant go wrong with either.
http://www.sunsationboats.com/
www.powerquestboats.com

superdave013
04-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Unchained had his TPR 19' shipped to Mi.

572Daytona
04-29-2005, 12:39 PM
These guys are in Michigan:
http://www.bamcojetboats.com/

dicudmore
04-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Plenty of Customs in Michigan! Go over to Holland michigan and get a Powerquest! Or head to Algonac and get a Sunsation! You cant go wrong with either.
http://www.sunsationboats.com/
www.powerquestboats.com
he beat me to saying check out sunsation...very nice boats :D

Quality Time
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone,
How in the world am I going to get one of those to Michigan.
Thanks,
Alex.
I've gotten two Michigan boats to California, whats so difficult :confused:

ULTRA28
04-29-2005, 02:04 PM
It's not a problem to ship to Michigan. We ship out boats every other week. You're looking at about $1,000 to $1,900.

jbtrailerjim
04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
It's not a problem to ship to Michigan. We ship out boats every other week. You're looking at about $1,000 to $1,900.
Well there you go right there. Right from the owner of Ultra Custom Boats himself. Definitely check them out.

ptboat
05-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Well, it is now Monday morning and I am back to work.
Thanks every one for all the info. I will contack Ultra and discuss the 21 stealth.
Alex.

Ion
05-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Every boat maker I work with ships anywhere in the continental US. You'd have to come out to Havasu or Socal and see the boats up close & personal, then hopefully get a test run before making a decision.

Quality Time
05-02-2005, 07:33 AM
ptboat,
Where do you typically run in MI? and yes, I know the area

ptboat
05-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Quality Time,
I live on Gun Lake, and I will be using the boat there most of the time. We do trailer our boat to spring lake and out to the big lake a few time. I am tire of the usual Fourwinns, Crownline type of boat. I like the look of the 21 or 22 feet Stealth Ultra. I wish Ultra has a local dealer but since they don't. I might have to have it ship to me for a fee.
Ion,
That is what I intended to do. Before I order a boat that I want, I will fly out to California and take a good look of the boat at the dealer and go for a test drive. What I don't know is, do I deal with the factory or go through a dealer ?
Thanks,
Alex.

Ion
05-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Quality Time,
Ion,
That is what I intended to do. Before I order a boat that I want, I will fly out to California and take a good look of the boat at the dealer and go for a test drive. What I don't know is, do I deal with the factory or go through a dealer ?
Thanks,
Alex.
PM me and I can give you names and numbers of local (Havasu) boat makers' sales guys I'm in contact with: Advantage, Magic and Stealth. That is if you're interested in any of their boats.

Blacksheep
05-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Alex,
Where are you in MI? I'm on the north side of Indy. I bought a 27 Shadow a couple of weeks ago and it ships out this week. :D Hopefully have it by Friday or Monday at the at the lastest. John @ Ultra is great to deal with. Send me a PM so we can chat!! :)

89checkmate
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
If you don't mind a trip over to Ohio, Checkmate makes a nice boat.
www.checkmatepowerboats.net

ptboat
05-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Ion,
Will do.
Blacksheep,
I am between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo area. I live on the Gun Lake in Wayland. How much did you have to pay for shipping on your Shadow ? Did you have a chance to do a test drive before you closed the deal ? Please get back to me with more info. My wife and I like the Ultra 21' Stealth, the reason is no one on our lake has it yet ;) Beside we just like the look of it, just like a hot rod if you know what I mean.
89checkmate,
Checkmate was the boat we are looking at when we sold our other boat. But there are already three Checkmates on the lake.
Alex.

Blacksheep
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Alex,
Hey there PT,
My parents live up in Fremont which is where I-69 and I-80 cross, exit 144 on the toll road.
There neighbors come down from Kalamazoo, I think it's 1.5 hour drive. I plan on being up there quite a bit if your interested in checking out the boat.
I wanted to test drive the boat but my work schedule wouldn't permit me and still get it here by May. So I bought the boat site unseen and untested. If it wasn't for John and everything good you hear about him and his crew, I probably wouldn't have done it. However, I'm glad I did. He's been great to work with.
I'm not sure if the size of the boat matters, but to get my 27 Shadow here from San Diego is costing me $1000. John was quite surprised with that. He told me to expect in the $1500 range.
Hopefully it shipped today, but at the latest tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be here by Friday, but it may be Sat. or Mon.
I would not be afraid to buy from John without testing or seeing the boat. He will work with you every way possible to make it as easy and painless as possible.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if I can answer any other questions for ya.
I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't accept it.
-Jeff

mbrown2
05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Last I checked, Douglas Marine was in Michigan, and you could consider Skater's pretty custom. :)

Jordy
05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Road Trip!!!! :d :d :d

Chromegorilla
05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Actually I think Michigan has more boats registered than any ohter state. If not #1 then top 3, but I think #1.

XtrmWakeborder
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Last I checked, Douglas Marine was in Michigan, and you could consider Skater's pretty custom. :)
POS boats..... :rolleyes:

Quality Time
05-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Actually I think Michigan has more boats registered than any ohter state. If not #1 then top 3, but I think #1.
Mich. still holds the title.

ptboat
05-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Blacksheep, Jeff.
Hummm ? I couldn't pm you also. Do I have to be a member to PM some one ? I have registered and all but do I need to paid a fee for more options ?
Anyway. Yes, I do have a few questions. How do you handle the warranty works if you have any ? Whos insurance would it be to cover the boat during shipping ? How will sales tax be calculated ?
Thanks,
Alex.

Blacksheep
05-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Alex,
Click on your private messages and on the right hand side menu select Edit options. Scroll down until you see "Enable Private Messaging". Check the box and send me a PM.
-Jeff

ptboat
05-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Jeff,
How do I get to my PM again ? I clicked on my sign on name and then click on the private message. I would received a window saying that I am not a member or some thing.
Thanks,
Alex.

KROOZIN
05-11-2005, 06:57 AM
ShockwaveBob :hammer2: Our season maybe only 6 weeks, but we do need a chick magnet boat like you guy also. Why do you think I don't need to own a custom boat up in the cold and freezing water ? I am too cool for the usual open bow with a speed of 30 mph max. I just love those sleak, low cut hot boat I have been seeing.
jdogg,
Sure I can just pick one up and drive back to Michigan but that would be more than a few thousand miles. I am afraid the trailer might not be in one piece.
All kidding aside, my point is. Why most hot boat are from the west ? How much you guy think it would cost me to ship a boat ?
Alex.Skater builds custom boats right there in Douglas MI...I had to pay 3500 to have it towed out here..that's wide load with permits
Never mind...mbrown2 beat me to it.

KROOZIN
05-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Blacksheep, Jeff.
Hummm ? I couldn't pm you also. Do I have to be a member to PM some one ? I have registered and all but do I need to paid a fee for more options ?
Anyway. Yes, I do have a few questions. How do you handle the warranty works if you have any ? Whos insurance would it be to cover the boat during shipping ? How will sales tax be calculated ?
Thanks,
Alex.whoever tows it should have insurance on it..the tax will be based on where you register it..

KROOZIN
05-11-2005, 07:10 AM
wow...I'm calling you this summer ...tow to LOTO for 2K?