PDA

View Full Version : Water Dump?

bigblockbill
04-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I have always taken and split the water coming out of the thermostat housing on my jet boats and dumped half of it straight out the back. Now I have a I/O with Imco thru hull exhausts. Can something similar be done to get some of the water out of the pipes or is it all needed?

robk
04-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Not trying to thread-jack, but when you did this on your jet boats were you running logs or OT headers?
Rob

Tahiti350
04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
I've got OSCO exhausta and risers, and all the water goes out thru the manifolds. I've added O/T pipes off of the risers, but I'm freeboard challenged, so the pipes still run downhill.

bigblockbill
04-27-2006, 06:23 AM
I have done it on jet boats with just about every combination... OT headers, thru transom logs, and thru transom high performance exhaust such as the imcos, and thru transom wet headers.
The difference as I see it is the jet boat runs no thermostat or water pump and all 5/8 or 3/4 lines. My I/O (and I can not remember exactly what it looks like) has some radiator size hoses coming off the thermostat housing. I am wondering if maybe it does not pump as much water thru the motor or something where if I dump half of the water the exhaust will be too hot and burn the rubber exhaust connection hoses.