PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Marina This Weekend

Huckleberry
05-02-2005, 09:17 AM
So with all the big guns out there for the poker run, did anyone see the big dogs launching at LHM??? Just wondering if they pulled the same crap they always do and let Gibson and a few others launch there despite their own "rules."

OGShocker
05-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Popcorn is poping and the coffee is hot. :D

dicudmore
05-02-2005, 10:08 AM
biggest thing I saw at the marina was my boat :hammerhea

ChumpChange
05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw a lot of the big boats pulling off Windsor on Sunday morning. Most of the other boats I saw pull out of the Nautical.

Huckleberry
05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I suspect they know there are folks out here watching their every move. Even so, I thought they would cave this weekend.

Jrocket
05-02-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2550GT_Logo.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmm? :p

mbrown2
05-02-2005, 02:32 PM
We launched there on Friday and did not see any big boats launch.

Kachina26
05-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Someone had told me that they were charging a $50 waiver. I cannot verify this though.

chub
05-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Someone had told me that they were charging a $50 waiver. I cannot verify this though.
Waiver? Is that like a "variance" from the city for some illegal shiat?

INSman
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I heard the same and saw nothing big other than a pontoon party barge :notam:

Magic34
05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
So, $50 and you can bypass the law for the day. This sounds like FU*KING MEXICO :burningm:
Someone has to have something on paper from this. PLEASE..... If you paid this waiver at the marina and was issued some pass/slip/ticket, anything, please let us know. This is total BS now.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is now way out of contol, as if it wasn't enough before.

LUVNLIFE
05-02-2005, 05:48 PM
There was a pic of Bob Teague's ride filling up. Don't know if it passed the sound test or they overlooked it though.

Huckleberry
05-02-2005, 06:21 PM
They don't care if you're loud if you're filling up with their $4/gallon gas, only if you want to launch there.

Havasu Hangin'
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is now way out of contol, as if it wasn't enough before.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/279AZ_Gov.jpg

INSman
05-02-2005, 07:03 PM
There was a pic of Bob Teague's ride filling up. Don't know if it passed the sound test or they overlooked it though.
I heard Bob's boat on the water this weekend, and NO WAY IN HELL was that thing gonna pass, heck I barely passed with mufflers on stock twin 496 MAGS !! :messedup:

Magic34
05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
HH and crew,
I would love nothing better than to echo that letter, but I personally have not been turned down by the marina up to this point in time. I have not used the marina, nor will I since the problems stated on this board. So, the chance to have this situation occur to me personally has been very limited. My issues stem from discussions heard here on these boards and a 1 or 2 others which arre smaller forums.
I have a few AZ congressmen that live in the neighborhood, so I will try to talk to them sometime this month. We'll see what they say. Former state AG parents live directly across the street from me, and I'll see if I can get in contact with their son as well.
If there is anything that I can do, please let me know and I'll do everything in my power to get it done.

Squirtin Thunder
05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I want them to test me !!!
I have been known to be a real ass !!!
Anyone for fried ramp jocky ???

LakeRacer
05-03-2005, 01:57 AM
HH and crew,
I would love nothing better than to echo that letter, but I personally have not been turned down by the marina up to this point in time. I have not used the marina, nor will I since the problems stated on this board. So, the chance to have this situation occur to me personally has been very limited. My issues stem from discussions heard here on these boards and a 1 or 2 others which arre smaller forums.
I have a few AZ congressmen that live in the neighborhood, so I will try to talk to them sometime this month. We'll see what they say. Former state AG parents live directly across the street from me, and I'll see if I can get in contact with their son as well.
If there is anything that I can do, please let me know and I'll do everything in my power to get it done.
Magic34, please contact me as I have an enormous amount of information to pass on.

hoolign
05-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Nothing of substance to post ..just trying to up my post count..carry on

CrazyHippy
05-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I want them to test me !!!
I have been known to be a real ass !!!
Anyone for fried ramp jocky ???
I cant see you passing :220v:
Pleasure to meet you BTW. Sorry there wasn't more racing to see.
BJH :rollside: