PDA

View Full Version : New DCB?

djunkie
05-02-2005, 10:51 AM
So I'm driving into Havasu on thursday night about 10 P.M. and I pull up on this truck pulling a new DCB. Looked like a F29. Had twins. Not exactly sure of the color cause it had shrink wrap all over it. When I passed it I noticed it was being pulled by a Ford dually with the DCB logo on the door. So who got a new F29? :D

DCB
05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
You probably wont see the boat in Havi, the guy mainly boats on Mojave.

UnionJack
05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
what about pic's brian?

Charley
05-02-2005, 02:19 PM
B,
Is this the guy who plays in AZ or the guy who plays in Detroit? :wink:

DCB
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
neither, the Detroit boat is still here, all finished, waiting for delivery.

UnionJack
05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
To bad they didn't want to stay with the A-Team

andy01
05-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey "B" (That's cute Charlie) how come you haven't been putting up some pics of the boats that are rolling out of DCB? When you first started there you were doing it a lot. I don't know about other people on here but I like to look at some of the sick ass cats that you guys builds.......... sssshhhhhhh I didn't say that, that was my west coast personality.
Andy

TOBTEK
05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey "B" (That's cute Charlie) how come you haven't been putting up some pics of the boats that are rolling out of DCB? When you first started there you were doing it a lot. I don't know about other people on here but I like to look at some of the sick ass cats that you guys builds.......... sssshhhhhhh I didn't say that, that was my west coast personality.
Andy
yeah.........show some pic's sparky :)

andy01
05-03-2005, 02:25 PM
yeah.........show some pic's sparky :)
Tire kicker.........

Charley
05-03-2005, 02:34 PM
YA I wanna see some pics of TG's boat

andy01
05-03-2005, 02:36 PM
YA I wanna see some pics of TG's boat
Yeah and I want to see pictures of Charlies boat!

TOBTEK
05-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Tire kicker.........
BLOW ME :hammerhea I walked in there LAST WEEK with check book in hand...if the right number was thrown out, Id would have written the check. NOT my fault, if salespeople dont ask for the sale :cool: still love ya pockets :)

UnionJack
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
whe are you really going to buy?

OutCole'd
05-03-2005, 03:29 PM
whe are you really going to buy?
Hook, Line & sinker.

Magic34
05-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Question......
Does the shrink wrap leave a residue behind? Is this something that someone can put on the boat prior to trips to keep the boat clean on the way their destination?
I am anal about stuff like that. Thanks.

andy01
05-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Question......
Does the shrink wrap leave a residue behind? Is this something that someone can put on the boat prior to trips to keep the boat clean on the way their destination?
I am anal about stuff like that. Thanks.
I had my 30' wrapped in Florida and shipped out via truck and trailer. A little residue but not much. My wrap was $300 bucks and they wrapped everything! I don't think you would do it for a weekend trip. You would spend half of the first day cutting the shit off.
Andy

andy01
05-03-2005, 03:49 PM
BLOW ME :hammerhea I walked in there LAST WEEK with check book in hand...if the right number was thrown out, Id would have written the check. NOT my fault, if salespeople dont ask for the sale :cool: still love ya pockets :)
Yeah, I don't think Dave is looking to "get rid" of any of his boats.
Toby: Come on Brian, $50,000 for a Mach 26 open bow with the new 850sc motor.
Brian: Dave will you get this criminal out of here!
Dave: Did he low ball you again?
Brian: Yeah he thinks we are a charity and he has ruined another set of tires.
Toby at some point this "they will get tired of me and just sell me something to grid of me" process will work it will just take a little longer......... :D

TOBTEK
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think Dave is looking to "get rid" of any of his boats.
Toby: Come on Brian, $50,000 for a Mach 26 open bow with the new 850sc motor.
Toby at some point this "they will get tired of me and just sell me something to grid of me" process will work it will just take a little longer......... :D
YOU SUCK! :D NOT ALL OF US make your money you fag :supp: . I did seriously go in with check book in hand. "IF" the right # gets thrown out, I'll flop like a tuna on the deck of the Royal Polaris.

boxscore
05-03-2005, 07:25 PM
"IF" the right # gets thrown out, I'll flop like a tuna on the deck of the Royal Polaris.
LOL... Sounds like you've called for the gaff a few times, eh?

Charley
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Now thats funny right here

TUNNEL T
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
brian we missed you this weekend,boatmaster and i didn't have anyone to drop off are cooler too!,so we decided to drink nall those beers are selves . :yuk: i think we spotted the new dock section in needles ,when are you coming up ! TUNNEL T (ANTHONY) :crossx:

Jrocket
05-05-2005, 02:39 PM
YOU SUCK! :D NOT ALL OF US make your money you fag :supp: . I did seriously go in with check book in hand. "IF" the right # gets thrown out, I'll flop like a tuna on the deck of the Royal Polaris.
A word on tire-kickers.
There are several types of clients who will rob you of your time and energy and should be dealt with cautiously or weeded out altogether. They're an opportunity cost; your valuable time could better be spent elsewhere.
Tire-kickers can spotted a mile away. They're hunting for prices only and don't provide any details about their needs, despite your claim of their necessity in order to establish a price for them. The reality is, they're either not ready to buy a boat or their just talking out their ass, or they fall into the price-is-my-only-criteria category--they're planning on making a decision based on the price you give them. They may also be comparing prices for the sake of comparing prices,basically just wasting time is all.
Some of these price-is-the-only-criteria clients may truly not have the budget required for what they'd like. You might offer a limited package within their price range or refer them to someone who might be able to do it within their budget. Another possibility is a Bayliner with upgraded sticker packages.
The other price-based client simply doesn't have any respect for the craft. They will make every attempt to eat your time and pick away at your integrity. Be very cautious if you decide to take this type of client on. They could turn out to be an Atilla the Hun if measures aren't taken to assert your merit and value as a professional from the outset.They will often put cheap ass gas in their motors and expect you to foot the bill when they blow up.
There are also the charlatans. They'll tell you, "I could do it myself, but I'm just too busy." Dozens of little red flags should be popping up in your head when you hear this. Don't dignify the comment; simply get as many details as you can, state your interest in their project, and give them the facts about what would be involved in producing it. They either will or won't begin to respect the value of what you do and concede their inexperience.More or less,they came across some money somehow and have no idea of what they are doing.
The I-could-do-it-myself type of client may also be a novice client's way of telling you they know a little bit about boats, and that you can't pull the wool over their eyes. Be gentle with them; they've probably been burnt by a boat manufacture in the past and have good reason to feel a little tentative.Best way to deal with these types of situations is too bring up the vacuum bagging technique and expalin how thats the shit no matter what!

TOBTEK
05-05-2005, 03:02 PM
WOW.....you have way to much time on your hands there TURBO!
time will tell, is all I'll say :cool:
I memory serves me well, I remember a buddy of mine that "kicked" hard for YEARS thats NOW cruisin large.....Which I rode in for the first time this last weekend, and all I can say is IMPRESSIVE to say the least!

Jrocket
05-05-2005, 03:56 PM
WOW.....you have way to much time on your hands there TURBO!
time will tell, is all I'll say :cool:
I memory serves me well, I remember a buddy of mine that "kicked" hard for YEARS thats NOW cruisin large.....Which I rode in for the first time this last weekend, and all I can say is IMPRESSIVE to say the least!
True he did kick alot of tires for some time.

TOBTEK
05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
True he did kick alot of tires for some time.
dont EVEN make me bring up ROLLIN's name! :rolleyes: :)
and I do belive Mr big has been without his DCB longer than I have :rollside:

Charley
05-05-2005, 04:02 PM
dont EVEN make me bring up ROLLIN's name! :rolleyes: :)
and I do belive Mr big has been without his DCB longer than I have :rollside:
i actually have a 22 with a 300x ... I was using it as a dinghy
:cry: