PDA

View Full Version : Group 1 Poker run start!

WetWillie
05-02-2005, 11:26 AM
This was taken with my little Canon Digital Camera set in movie mode. Its a AVI file so you need the viewer.
Im in 3DO's rig they paced us a long way for the rolling start. Deno and another boat did jump but I didnt see anyone else jump!
Bob Teague who told me he had nothing to prove in his lil F29 pulls a huge holeshot but gets over taken at about 130mph!
Deno leaves the group and then slowed down and comes back in the picture..
I have more video..
Movie here (http://www.sdcrew.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=0)
Jeffyson thanks for the ride! :devil:

XtrmWakeborder
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Nice vid WW! Thats got to be an awsome experience!

Three Days Only
05-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Bob Teague who told me he had nothing to prove in his lil F29 pulls a huge holeshot but gets over taken at about 130mph!
Deno leaves the group and then slowed down and comes back in the picture..
I have more video..
Jeffyson thanks for the ride! :devil:
He got over taken at 130 becasue he slowed down!!! Dude, that boat was a fricken missle!! It hauled the fricken mail off the start. Ive been wondering if he would have held it down, would anyone have ever caught him. He left the pack like a jack rabbit and we were all turtles, he just put the sticks down and was gone.
As for the ride. Anytime. Toby your boat cleaning juice is the shit. Easiest stuff I have ever used, and it took off everything including the calcium and crap. I am going over to the shop and will drop the two bottles off today around 4:30. Hope it works out for you!!!

WetWillie
05-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Have Bob watch the video.. Tell him I knew he had nothing to prove!! Yea right! :devil:

Three Days Only
05-02-2005, 02:48 PM
hurry up focker.
Did you think I was going to be at work today. After seeing me go all weekend, im sure you thought I was going to be dead!! Hell no!!

WetWillie
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
AVI (http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe)

Jrocket
05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Vids no worky for me.

Magic34
05-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Nice work Bill!!

Three Days Only
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Try this link................Open it in quick time
Jeffrey Son
Bill's Video (http://www.sdcrew.com/gallery/albums/Movies/pokerstart.AVI)

Three Days Only
05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Another one of Bills Video's
Video #2 (http://www.sdcrew.com/gallery/albums/Movies/jeffo.AVI)

Three Days Only
05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I heard ol Bob broke one of his drives prior to the poker run ?
Bobs boat was running all weekend!!! I think you heard wrong!!

Jrocket
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Whos the boat that catches air at about the 2:30 mark?Looked sweet.
Is that Bob Teague in his DCB at the start that runs off from everyone?How fast were you running Jeff?

mbrown2
05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
That video was sweet....great stuff Willy, and I would expect nothing less from Jeff to keep those sticks down.

bunny 166
05-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow, that was awesome! Good job Willie :cool: :cool: Glad you guys had a great time.... :wink:

Kilrtoy
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Sweet ..
where did 3DO come in to the first card stop

Three Days Only
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I believe it was fixed friday night, and that came from a reliable source who was there. no big deal if it was broke and fixed.
It never broke, never, ever!!!
my mistake for previous post, drive was broke after the run, sorry.
He didnt break a drive all weekend!!! Trust me, your getting shitty information. His boat was in the water all weekend at the docks unless he was driving it. It works really really well, the boat launched off the start like a rocket. One of the fastest accellerating cats I have ever seen.

Three Days Only
05-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Sweet ..
where did 3DO come in to the first card stop
Everyone at Black Meadows said we were running somewhere around 6th - 8th, but I slowed way down at the end once we could see the card stop. I honestly wasnt even paying attention to who, what, or where.

No Regrets
05-03-2005, 03:21 PM
No Jeff,
He did break late Sun, Propshaft & prop lost. We saw him & Mario in Nautical Cove when they pulled off the water.
He's just not as proud about breakin as the rest of us are.

Three Days Only
05-03-2005, 03:36 PM
No Jeff,
He did break late Sun, Propshaft & prop lost. We saw him & Mario in Nautical Cove when they pulled off the water.
He's just not as proud about breakin as the rest of us are.
So your saying they fixed the boat sunday night while they were loading up all there shit and getting on the road.
Monday at 7:00 am the boat was sitting in the parking lot with both prop shafts attached and on the boat.
Go Figure

No Regrets
05-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I believe Mario fixed it or they had a spare drive, being they brought , like a six pack of drives along for the weekend. I think only Dean broke the sixpack open until then.

the_gray_goose
05-03-2005, 04:58 PM
So your saying they fixed the boat sunday night while they were loading up all there shit and getting on the road.
Monday at 7:00 am the boat was sitting in the parking lot with both prop shafts attached and on the boat.
Go Figure
I seen Bob early Sunday morning with the right drive off the boat rebuilding it in the parking lot of nautical. So how many did he really break?
Sounds to me like three. From what everyone seems to have seen.

Havasu Cig
05-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Everyone at Black Meadows said we were running somewhere around 6th - 8th, but I slowed way down at the end once we could see the card stop. I honestly wasnt even paying attention to who, what, or where.
I have a picture of you passing Teague on the way to the first stop. I will try and get the other 1/2 to post it.

Jrocket
05-03-2005, 06:06 PM
When you passed BF,Andy and myself you were running 9th.Teague was in front of you still running 7th.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1693Poker_Run_047s.jpg

mbrown2
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
:D 3 days only, lil apology in order for Huffpower, my day was wrong but the info was correct :D don't get so defensive about bob, he's only human, not superman!!
Jeffy gets pissy when you talk about his Pimp... :D

TCHB
05-12-2005, 07:55 PM
He did break the prop shaft off clean.
He was out replacing the lower unit Sunday morning in the Parking Lot.