PDA

View Full Version : How to seal dipstick tube to oil pan

Nubbs
05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Anybody got any great methods for sealing the dipstick tube to the oil pan. I have a dooley oil pan on a BBC.
Thanks
Nubbs

oldbuck40
05-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Anybody got any great methods for sealing the dipstick tube to the oil pan. I have a dooley oil pan on a BBC.
Thanks
Nubbshey Nubbs no doubt you have a little seep on the dipstick from crankcase pressure! i got sick of mine blowing off everything i put on it so i took some berrymans brake clean spray the hell out of it wiped it off and let it dry then took some 2 part epoxy,(liquid steel) pinched off about 1" and a half worked it together and when it was ready i molded it around the tube and the pan insert,,, the leak stoped,i guess i'll worry about getting the tube out when the time comes,,its crude but it works!!!

lucky
05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
i'm going to slide some fuel line around it and clamp it -

votech
05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
i o-ringed my tube then put alittle hi temp silicone to make sure ,works good

TAYLORCHET
05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I used a short piece of rubber fuel line and two small hose clamps works great and you can still take it off!

Nubbs
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tips.

PLACECRAFT20
05-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey Nubbs,
Got those exhaust on yet? I use some silicone from the autoparts store called the Right Stuff. It is GM aproved for gaskets on intakes and stuff. It cost damn near $20.00 bucks for a small can but it is great for sealing parts. I also used it to seal my pump in my boat becuase regular silicone would not stick very well to chrome. I also used it on the dip stick. Works great.